Fabio Stein new1

KSheehan

it is basically TRAN-4 in a different key, its a fkn discrace, at 1st I thought it was a re-edit of Tran-4 for the release or somethin but no. Its identical to Tran-4, I wonder what 'Nightvision' contributed to this beacause it sure sounds like f*** ALL. its a real shame coz I was afraid fabio wud go down this road ie all his productions sounding the same. he had potential to be big, now I dont see it.

Hahaha, i missed his show cos was dj'ing, got to crasher - when jules came on he played htis first - i was damn sure it was tran4 then realised it wans't - tremor had told me about it earlier on i nthe night!

Jules then played poland to brazil, THEN tran4, then the fabio remix of dave202.....BUMMAGE!

Hahaha, i missed his show cos was dj'ing, got to crasher - when jules came on he played htis first - i was damn sure it was tran4 then realised it wans't - tremor had told me about it earlier on i nthe night!

Jules then played poland to brazil, THEN tran4, then the fabio remix of dave202.....BUMMAGE!

LOL good promotion for Fabio! He really needs to change his sound doh.

Jules really needs to stop this policy of mixing Fabio Stein into Fabio Stein into Fabio Stein.

His sets are becoming very predictable now. If he plays Tran 4, then you know for a fact that either the Fabio remix of Keep Me Running is coming up, or From Poland To Brazil.

Very tedious.

OK, to set the record straight on behalf of Fabio:

Fabio is also bemused as to why Jules insists on playing several of his tracks one after the other, as it makes his productions seem very formulaic, as well as obviously making Jules' sets very formulaic.

This "new" track is actually just a bootleg/mash-up (almost) that Fabio created for himself. He only gave it to Jules as a thankyou for creating the success of "Tran-4".

The actual title of the track is

Fabio Stein vs. Nightvision - 'Believin' In Tran-4'

Fabio is not calling this a "new track", it was just a way for him to continue supporting Tran 4 without it actually being Tran 4, if that makes sense.... It will not be given out to anybody else, and will not be a track in itself.

The "Poland To Brazil" track was the result of Fabio sending a riff to Kalwi & Remi who then did the rest. Fabio's version, "Brazil To Poland", using the same riff, is a lot less "Tran-4"-esque, aside from the synth of course. But who cares, it's catchy! It's not totally finished yet, but I heard its progress in full last week.

Thanks for the heads-up mate!

I'm not knocking Fabio at all - in my honest opinion, he's done great things this year and is one of my favourite producers of 2006. Tran 4 is also my second favourite track of the year after O' Callaghan & Kearney - Exactly. Those two are highly unlikely to be dislodged from my top two tunes of the year.

I am, however, knocking Jules's continual predictability, which has now become tedious. As much as I like Jules (he still remains my favourite DJ), there are three things that I'm finding very annoying this year - shoddy edits of tunes, Team SR - Leaving London in practically every set, and this policy of mixing Fabio Stein this into Fabio Stein that. I've heard him mix Fabio Stein's remix of Keep Me Running into Tran 4 three times in as many months, which I think, for a DJ that is earning thousands of pounds per set, is a disgrace.

Over the last 4 or 5 years, Jules has come in for a lot of slating for poor mixing, predictable sets, dodgy scratching and accapella'ing etc - but his "die-hard" fans have stood up for him, etc - but in all honesty, even one of his most "die-hard" fans in myself is becoming a little disillusioned at the moment.

Jules is one of the most popular DJ's in the world, has a large worldwide radio audience, and must recieve free tunes by the truck-load each week - so why he has to play tunes over and over again each week for 9 months and more is beyond me. Even us folk on here that are restricted by release dates, financial situations, etc can buy enough tunes on a regular basis to keep our sets fresh - yet Jules, who can pretty much have any tune he likes in the world for free just by clicking his fingers, is playing tiresome, tedious sets, week in, week out - and raking in thousands for doing so.

I'm not saying he shouldn't still be playing the likes of Tran 4, Leaving London, etc nine months on from recieving them - but still playing them weekly, when he's had hundreds of other tunes through in that time, doesn't seem right.

Jules continually says on his online diary that he spends hours each week (in fact, his latest diary says he spent 10 or 12 hours downloading and editing tunes last week), yet we only ever hear two or three new tunes in his sets per week. For 10 hours downloading and editing, i'd expect to hear a fresh set every week. *baffled*

I am, however, knocking Jules's continual predictability, which has now become tedious. As much as I like Jules (he still remains my favourite DJ), there are three things that I'm finding very annoying this year - shoddy edits of tunes, Team SR - Leaving London in practically every set, and this policy of mixing Fabio Stein this into Fabio Stein that. I've heard him mix Fabio Stein's remix of Keep Me Running into Tran 4 three times in as many months, which I think, for a DJ that is earning thousands of pounds per set, is a disgrace.

Maybe it would be an idea to e-mail your comments to Jules. I know in the past he has listened to constructive feedback he has received, eg. when he cut down on his use of acapella's. Jules reads and replies to every e-mail so I'm sure your comments would not be ignored.

Good points from all of you.

Fabio isn't my cup of tea either, but its good to hear what he has to say on the matter - yet again this board comes up trumps :thumbsup:

I can understand Jules supporting tunes, but variation now and again is definitely needed, like you say Briggsy, especially when going on a night out isn't cheap these days. If you do email him, please let us know what he has to say.

Fabio is not calling this a "new track", it was just a way for him to continue supporting Tran 4 without it actually being Tran 4, if that makes sense.... It will not be given out to anybody else, and will not be a track in itself.

No doubt WHOS_THIS_GUY will get it doh!

Archived