Frog vs Coldplay

That's terrible and I hate Coldplay with a passion.

I love Coldplay, think I owned just about every track of theirs (including the rare singles B sides) until my hard drive crash and they were all wiped! :( New album is out next week, called X&Y

It won't get an official release no chance, a white label release could be possible though, even though I have it on cdr, on vinyl would be nice too.

It will be such a shame if it doesn't, but I can understand why. Looks like I'll be buying a CD deck then :D

Just curious... do you guys know Final Scratch? by Stanton & Native Instruments.

Final Scratch basically consists of 2x speciel coded vinyls (a 3rd is included as backup) & a External soundcard which you hook up to your PC/Mac with Firewire cables.

Your turntables & mixer then connects to the soundcard aswell & BANG! you can mix mp3/ogg/wave/aiff and CDs, on those speciel Vinyls... like it was REAL vinyl!!

With a fast-enough computer, you are able to lower the latency & get super precise feeling while scratching fx.

I happen to own a FS 2.0 kit myself & i must say it works very well!

anyways... its the price of 1x CD deck & imho, the value of alot more.

http://www.stantondj.com/v2/fs/index.asp

Have a good weekend, all!

It will be such a shame if it doesn't, but I can understand why. Looks like I'll be buying a CD deck then :D

yup! Wink was one of the first major DJ's who actually stood up & "admitted" his use of Final Scratch...

These days alot of DJs use it incl: PvD & a whole lot of Drum & Bass DJs...

tim: i'll see if i can arrange to borrow a DV-Cam from my friend & record a little session of me spinning the decks with Final Scratch...

for your pleasure :D

Josh Wink used to sing the praises of final scratch.

Well if you think about it seriously it's just a reaction against digital media - the lengths this goes to just so that you can make mp3 files behave like vinyl.... incredible. And perfect when you can actually witness the transfer from vinyl to CDs (from an electronic music perspective).

You are as curious as I am, so don't take the high ground! :D :wink:

Archived