Jules' R1 show - live from BCM Bar, Mallorca 16/07/2005

Aza

WOW! Fair play Jules a great show & I enjoyed it v.much!

Despite knowing a lot of the tunes etc he dug out a fair few corkers and it went down extremely well IMO!

Playing a few awesome trancers & mixing was good too!

Any of you guys give it a listen? What you think?

Looking for a tracklist now though.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also missed his show on Sat as l was at a kids birthday party. :lol: The party was held on Marazion beach nr Penzance which has stunning views of St Michaels Mount and Mounts Bay. There were about 70 kids and adults there and as it was such a glorious evening we didn't leave until gone 9.pm. I listened to the show today and must admit l was a tad disappointed as l thought he would play some of his newer tunes like George Acosta "Mellodrama" Slipstream "Slipstream" Parsberg & Flipside "The Box" and A&B V Lange "Believe in Surrender" to name but a few. Instead he played "Adiago for Strings" yet again (it's a great tune but he seems to play it at all "live" events now and IMO its too much) and also Speed of Sound. However this is only my opinion and l daresay you might think differently.

Jules also announced on the show that his Radio 1 show will be coming live from Newquay on Aug 6th. He is playing at the Barracuda Club that night which l had already planned to go to so this will be a bonus. 8) Can't wait. :D:D:D I'm going to be absolutely shattered as l start work at 6am on Saturdays so it will be a long day. Will need the pro plus to keep me awake as l will be driving. :cry: :cry: and also got to work on Sunday. :evil: :evil:

sounds liek a mad one chrissie!!!

i thought jules show was an absoloute belter, that mr.sam tune - lyteo is really really doing it for me at the mo, unfortunately its sold out in both juno and chem :cry:

brought sum right past tunes out, ernesto vs bastien again, and cohen vs deluxe - loops & kicks!!

choons!

I don't suppose anyone has any idea what the two tracks were that were played straight after Angello's mix of Moby - Raining Again ?

If anyone listens to it again on the radio 1 website, the first one is a funky number and starts round about the 50 minute mark, the 2nd comes straight after it, around the 55 minute mark and sounds like it could be someone like the Hoxton Whores. It has a female vocal, singing something along the lines of "I think I'm falling in love". It also has some spoken lyrics in the middle, with "oceans" being mentioned. Housey but with big synths and it definatly reminds me of the Hoxton Whores mix of Plastic Dream - Fuse (Move Your Body)

Cheers peeps

gota feeling it was alex gaudino - lil love, which i really like atm, as for jules show i thought it was not really good!! yet again tiesto , dj hose, and others i havent a clue !! like some of the housey tunes tho :D

the next tthree sats should be well good with him coming alfresco !!!( how julesy that sayin l!!)

The last one you refer to about "think l'm falling in love" is one of my favourites at the moment Deux- "Sun Rising up" and l think it is the Jupiter Ace Remix. there are several mixes of this tune. I heard it on Pete Tong show last friday and wasn't so keen on the mix he played. I also love Mr Sam "Lyteo" I think l need to listen to the show again as you are all mentioning tunes l wasn't aware he had played. I will download it on cassette and will listen to it all week as l drive to and from work.

On a more positive note as usual Jules did a wonderful job on the mike talking to the crowds etc.

yeah i totally agree wi u chrissie that deux track is very good, i must admit i really likin sounds of jupiter ace!! esp a record on kitchsy rec called tronic inc - nightflights its on juno atm its well good!, def worth a listen.

def lot of good house music goin around the now! 8)

The last one you refer to about "think l'm falling in love" is one of my favourites at the moment  Deux- "Sun Rising up" and l think it is the Jupiter Ace Remix.  there are several mixes of this tune.  I heard it on Pete Tong show last friday and wasn't so keen on the mix he played.

That's the very track. Cheers your a star :D

Still no tracklisting for the Sat show. It might get posted on Weds (if we're lucky.) :evil: It must be embarrassing for Jules as Pete Tong has his tracklisting posted in full by the end of his shows. There was a time when the tracklisting was updated during Jules's show. Jules did email me back and told me he had also been having a moan about it to his producer and that things should improve on this front. Clearly this isn't happening and unlikely to if he is doing "live" shows during the summer and therefore away from the studio. Jules must have made a list of what he is going to play so you would think it would be easy for someone in the studio to type it up and post it onto the site. :roll:

Jules Played BK vs Nirvana-Wkd tune. Jules keep me running is still top of my hit list and has been since he played it at my 21st birthday at slinky last year, i think hes gettin a bit annoyed with me keep askin him about it. Seizure also of the highest quality, think his only downfall was playin tiesto, im gettin tired of the tune now im afraid. needs a rest before comin out of the box.

Its good for Karl G that the Judge keeps dropping his tune - I certainly would be well chuffed!

I agree with most of you with the Adagio tune, but it is still good to show that he is putting effort into his tunes and not just playing same stuff week in week out etc. It was a live gig so he tried to play a few classics.

Agree with you back there aswell, very very good on the air and certainly comfortable with the mic. Crowd seemed very happy and involved!

He played Olav Basoski - Waterman (rootz) witch I had around 2 years ago, fat boy played it from Glastonbury aswell, either hes being realy slow on this one or its getting re-releised  :?

Pete Tong is also playing this tune-its on Positiva label so probably been re released as it is in the Buzz Chart.

I have to say I was a little disappointed with the show. It was the 1st I'd heard in a lot of weeks (I know he'd had a couple of weeks off too), but there was hardly anything new played. I realise it was a live event and he was trying to get the crowd going, but there must be something new in his box worth playing??? Worryingly, a lot of his forthcoming shows are live too

yeah, it was from BCM Bar, which is behind BCM, theres like a huge terrace with a couple of bars on either side and loads of chairs and all that. U walk through the middle to get to the main strip in megamuff

Archived