This proves that Jules's votes are rigged......

Briggsy

The last tune in this weeks "Sat night Mix" is wrong as I'm pretty sure he didn't play  Unknown "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" (he played it last week). I think he played Cosmic Gate "Earth Mover"

I was driving to a gig up north and was looking forward to hearing 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' as I had seen the tracklist earlier and was a bit disappointed when 'Earth Mover' came on.

A very good thread I must say and I totally understand your concerns Briggsy. What's the point in phoning or txting in if the winner has already been decided?

Rigging is nothing new, young sirs!...

Remember the Saturday Warmup Web chart Winner!? They used to show a bar chart as to how many votes each of the 10 tracks received, and sometimes there was some very dodgy stuff going on if you refreshed the chart during the show. OR the "winner" would be played when clearly online it came like, 3rd or something, which was amusing.

Judge for yourself, I guess? :?

Hiya... Pretty simple- we record two possible winning scenarios, according to how the vote goes. Although some of my shows are prerecorded, certain bits (ie live callers' shouts) get added on the day of transmission, including (now) the 'Budge the Judge' winner as well.... Cheers... J.

Hiya... Pretty simple- we record two possible winning scenarios, according to how the vote goes.  Although some of my shows are prerecorded, certain bits (ie live callers' shouts) get added on the day of transmission, including (now) the 'Budge the Judge' winner as well.... Cheers... J.

i c now we no cheers 4 lettin us no wat really happens nice 1 8-)

Hiya... Pretty simple- we record two possible winning scenarios, according to how the vote goes.  Although some of my shows are prerecorded, certain bits (ie live callers' shouts) get added on the day of transmission, including (now) the 'Budge the Judge' winner as well.... Cheers... J.

i c now we no cheers 4 lettin us no wat really happens nice 1 8-)

But do u not think it wud make more sence gettin in a cover dj in at least then its a live show and its also nice 2 hear what other tunes other dj"s are playing :wink:

I think it's highly comendable that Jules actually took the time to post on the forum regarding this issue. At least he cares enough to ackowledge the concerns of fans & is willing to put forward the facts for us

I think it's highly comendable that Jules actually took the time to post on the forum regarding this issue. At least he cares enough to ackowledge the concerns of fans & is willing to put forward the facts for us

I second that, well done Jules. :thumbsup:

Yeah, cheers Jules. Thanks for clearing that up! Despite your status, I think you're the only one that takes the time to stay in touch with your fans and acknowledge them on a regular basis :D

But do u not think it wud make more sence gettin in a cover dj in at least then its a live show and its also nice 2 hear what other tunes other dj"s are playing

As nice as that would be, the Beeb have publicly announced that they're trying to cut costs, so paying for another DJ would kind of contradict their plans. Also, its Jules's show and he's quite unique in that he's not a "text book" radio presenter and comes across as "one of us" on the radio. He doesn't take himself too seriously and makes a few cheeky and comical comments on the radio - a path that a fill-in DJ probably wouldn't go down. He also has a diverse range in music - something that couldn't be emulated so well by DJ's such as Armin, PvD, Ferry Corsten, etc.

Jules is the people's DJ for a reason - he appeals to clubbers, the not-so-serious dance-music liking person that buys the occasional mix CD to listen to at home and the Radio 1 listener on a Saturday. I can't think of any other DJ that appeals to such a wide audience.

Good effort for taking the time to come on here and explain it - there aren't many DJs that would bother :thumbsup:

Thinking about it, this still doesn't explain how the tracklist showed the winning tune at 4pm :? Maybe it was just a coincidence?

God if that happened Aza Radio 1 would fall on its arse ;) hehe

Thanks for replying Jules, as people have said, despite your status in the dance music industry you still find time to post on forums now and again and reply to people. So many people get up their own arses once they have success, and dont give a toss about the fans.

:o)

God if that happened Aza Radio 1 would fall on its arse

Easy tiger ;)

The votes are carried out by text either stating "budge" for the listeners vote, or "judge" for Jules' choice. I think the texts are picked up by a computer (used to be like back in the day of my student show) so they prob just read them and tally em up over the 15mins or so that the show welcomes it.

Thinking about it, this still doesn't explain how the tracklist showed the winning tune at 4pm :?  Maybe it was just a coincidence?

Yeah, I was just coming back on to point that out. I forgot that my original post highlighted that the winning track had already been decided by 4pm

Thinking about it, this still doesn't explain how the tracklist showed the winning tune at 4pm :?  Maybe it was just a coincidence?

That's what l was trying to get across in one of my earlier posts when l mentioned that it would be interesting to see if they got it right this week. I was referring to the results of "Back To The Old School" on 28th Oct when Jules was in the States and the show was pre-recorded and they listed Fragma "Toca Me" as the winner when in fact it was System F "Out of the Blue" and the following week they listed both of the tunes (Moby "Go" and "Love Stimulation" as winners) :lol: R1 are always getting it wrong. That's one of the reasons this messageboard got started in the first place :wink:

Therefore l think it was just a coincidence that the tracklist showed the winning tune at 4pm.

Yeah, I was just coming back on to point that out. I forgot that my original post highlighted that the winning track had already been decided by 4pm

We were nearly taken in by Jules posting! Hopefully he can find the time to come back on and explain it, although even better would be a response from his Producer as clearly it lies with her (I believe she is she :?)

I'm convinced that Jules's explanation is spot on and genuine and I don't think there is any need for him to comment further.

As far as the tracklisting goes Radio 1 are always making mistakes and will continue to do so. I've already pointed out to everybody on here (and given examples) of how wrong they have been (with tracklistings) both present and in the past. Radio 1 never admit to being wrong.

Just taken a look at this weeks tracklisting (16th Dec 06) and true to form Radio 1 have got it wrong again as they have listed BOTH of the "Budge the Judge" tunes this week. Why doesn't that surprise me. :lol:

N.B "Control Freak" was the winning tune.

Archived