Should be in England... but I forgot my passport (oops)

Neuro

Had a lovely day today. Got all packed, got up at 6am to finish the last of the tidying up in the flat, said goodbye to my gorgeous flatmates, and got the bus from Salamanca early for my Ryanair flight (of which there is only 1 a day).

Got myself a bocadillo, some coke, bought my newspaper and settled myself in the warmth of this tiny airport, smug at the fact I was 2 hours early and all sorted, and that I had a perfect seat with which to watch any eye-catching female passengers through the window who'd come from from the arrivals lounge next door.

Being the normally organized person I usually am, I then totally surprised myself at Valladolid airport at security when I realized (somewhat too late) that I hadn't my passport on me. Pockets? no. In my bag? no. Under my wardrobe hidden from burglars back in Salamanca? ...yes.

So after spending close to 50€ on taxis, bus fares, and another bottle of coke, I'm back here, writing this. I still can't believe I did the classic, as I back myself as very well travelled... maybe, as I was the packing, the bottle of champagne I had to myself the night before was an error of judgement. :oops: :oops:

How are you all on here, behaving yourselves? :)

Great read Traill :) Gutter bout that - not like you at all... Perhaps worrying over catching a glimpse of those women distracted your check list :?

Hope it went well for ya all in all and you gained some invaluable experience...

Be good to see ya on here and chat soon 8-)

Cheers guys! I got another ticket for €50, which isn't bad but I know I will be stripped naked from all my cash when I check in because Ryanair have just lowered their baggage allowance to 15kg (even if you select "I'm taking 5 bags" on the website what they don't make clear is that that 15kg is your limit for the sum of all your bags... sneaky :al-j2: )

I'm back here in Spain come January 7th though, so not long in England really :(

I'll make sure I say hello to you properly all when I've settled myself back home... got lots more stories to tell :lol:

Got myself a bocadillo, some coke, bought my newspaper and settled myself in the warmth of this tiny airport, smug at the fact I was 2 hours early and all sorted, and that I had a perfect seat with which to watch any eye-catching female passengers through the window who'd come from from the arrivals lounge next door.

Lol at least you will be able to do this again, the best way to kill time!

Hahahaha! Quality story mate :lol: I thought the similar stories you see on Airline fly-on-the-wall programmes were actors - surely no-one can be soooo stupid :lol::lol: :wink:

Glad you've got a new ticket - hopefully it wasn't at the expense of your Arches ticket :wink:

So when are you back in Blighty?

Tim you need to get the charm out! ;)

I've flown with Ryan Air after being away for around 4 months at a time and you just have to turn on the charm, say you've been working away etc and you sometimes get let off!

Hehe, no problems there mate, I was supposed to be fined a shedload of Euros for carrying 37kg with me instead of the 15kg limit. Fearing a bollocking about "the new baggage rules we introduced in November" in her broken English, I naturally turned to Spanish with her at the desk and apologized before she started, turns out she was from Santiago de Compostela (which I happened to have driven through... well close to) so we talked about Galicia and how green it was there, seafood in A Coruna, the friendlier character of the people up there, etc... when she filled in the form she only charged me for being 10kg over - saving me 96 Euros! :D

Had a lovely day today. Got all packed, got up at 6am to finish the last of the tidying up in the flat, said goodbye to my gorgeous flatmates, and got the bus from Salamanca early for my Ryanair flight (of which there is only 1 a day).  

Being the normally organized person I usually am, I then totally surprised myself at Valladolid airport at security when I realized (somewhat too late) that I hadn't my passport on me. Pockets? no. In my bag? no. Under my wardrobe hidden from burglars back in Salamanca? ...yes.

So after spending close to 50€ on taxis, bus fares, and another bottle of coke, I'm back here, writing this. I still can't believe I did the classic, as I back myself as very well travelled... maybe, as I was the packing, the bottle of champagne I had to myself the night before was an error of judgement. :oops:  :oops:  

How are you all on here, behaving yourselves? :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived