Jules' R1 Show 06/01/07

FuzzY-LogiC

Saturday 6th January 2007.

19:00

Cut-Up Cut

Awaiting Tracklisting Details

Get Far - Shining Star (541)

Alex Gaudino – ‘Destination Calabria’ (Rise Records)

Funky Tried And Tested

Danny Kirsch - Hold On To Love (White Label)

Axer vs Powers- Space Invaders (White Label)

Leonid Rudenko – ‘Real Life’ [Chris Hoff] (White Life)

Aaron McClelland – ‘Oklahoma’ (UMM)

Dada Life - The Great Fashionista Swindle (Pickadoll)

Buy Now – ‘For Sale’ [Henrik B] (Mondo Records)

Jamie Anderson – ‘Time Is Now’ (Honchos Music)

Sharon Phillips – ‘Want To/Need To’ [switch Mix] (Gut)

Jack Rokka – ‘Take Off’ (White Label)

D. Walker – Orchetrical (White Label)

20:00

Bangin’ Tried & Tested

Groovelift – ‘Instant Moments’ (Tsunami)

Wippenburg - Promised Land (White Label)

Peetu S - Salty Disco (White Label)

Mind One – ‘Hurt Of Intention’ (Flashover Recordings)

DJ Spoke – ‘Watch Them Fall Down’ (Progressive State)

Saturday Night Mix

Leon Boiler – ‘Lyra’ (White Label)

Vinylgroover – ‘The Process’ (White Label)

Mason - Exceeder [DJ Choose Mix] (Boss)

Signalrunners – ‘Aria Epica’ [bart Claessen Mix] (Anjunabeats)

JJ - Without Love [signalrunners Mix] (White Label)

The Last Dance

Chris Lake vs Daksha – Uknown (White Label)

that salty disco bootleg is truly awful..

I really don't like it..

Some good other tunes played tho, signalrunners mix of WL again, gettign more into that, and that choose remix of exceeder was pretty damn good imo!

One For The Weekend - Eddie Haliwell

Sebastian Leger "Hitgirl" (Black Jack)

this was played after DJ Spoke "Watch Them Fall" and before the Sat Night Mix

I'm undecided on the Signalrunners Mix of "Without love" It's a bit disappointing and so it would be good if other mixes were done of this tune.

I noticed Eddie's choice to the One for the Weekend track was a little odd, seems dictated to all DJs that their choice has to be housey, every single selection thus far has been a house track, i'm sure Eddie would choose a banging track with free range

signalrunners mix of WL again, getting more into that

Without Love is going to be the next single, so not sure if this is an official mix or just one that Jules has requested....

Great news... I suspect, Adam that, Jules prob requested it and it will feature as an official remix. After the success of 'Leaving London' he prob wanted them to work on something of his (as with Fabio Stein)...

Im gonna go on a hunt and find out what tune it was that was remixed by K-System, as jules played it a few times on his outings and on one of his monthly mixes. I think it was 'without love' but im not sure, it was a fantastic remix but it appears to have been scrubbed. Would be a great shame for it not to see the light of day...

im going on a hunt..

Good bit of scouting there. :D

I already had the Sept Mix (05) on my computer so have just listened to it again.

Really like this mix of "Without Love" as l think it is more interesting than the Signalrunners mix as it is a bit more banging.

However for me the original is the best, but l still like to hear different mixes of the tune.

Karl G's style would have been very suited to Without Love IMO. The other mixes don't do much for me i'm afraid. The vocal doesn't fit the style of them. The vocal only suit Jules's version so far.

Will "Keep me Running" be released before too long? Its been around for ages now, and With Jules's vocal mix, the original dub version (the best version) and Fabio Stein's version, I really can't see the sense in holding back on this any longer. Jules has supported it for months in his sets, he's supported it on the radio, so I think it's had all the exposure it needs. If it takes much longer, people are either going to get tired of hearing it, or they'll forget about it and it'll be released without any success.

We've seen it so many times over the last year or so. Leaving London took ages to come out and people got tired of it, DT8's new tunes is taking too long too. Surely sales must slump because of people growing tired of tunes?

Must admit l get confused with what tunes are house, progressive house, trance etc.  Most of it sounds pretty good to me.

Jules plays very little in the way of progressive, mainly what I'd term electro & tech-trance with some regular trance thrown in

Loving these 2 at the moment....

Leonid Rudenko – ‘Real Life’ [Chris Hoff] (White Life)

Aaron McClelland – ‘Oklahoma’ (UMM)

Good old McClelland/Fonzerelli just keeps on churning out the tunage. I must have about 12 of his records now even though I only 1st heard about him around Spring 2006 when jules seemed to play another new record of his every single week!

After careful consideration, i genuinely would rank him as the best house producer and remixer of 2006 by a long way!

Does anyone know much about him or if he dj's at all? Or even if he has a website for that matter?! I've found it extremely difficult to find out anything about him on the net.

Aaron MCclelland aka:

Fonzerelli

Good Livin

Yer Man

Part of C-Sixty Four too

Irish producer who made a permanent dent in the House scene with his naughty breakthrough release on UMM records entitled "Good Grief".

Can't find a website sorry chap

Why don't you email Jules and tell him you love it, I did. :lol:

I told him that Bjorn thought it was K System who had done that mix on the Sept 05 mix and how much he liked it too. Unfortunately Jules didn't confirm that it was K System but in all fairness l didn't ask him to.

Archived