Gladiator download coming soon...

Just to let you all know, I haven't forgotten about that Gladiator track that Jules produced in 2001 for his new album but got stopped by copyright infringement. I'll be uploading the only clip available in the world (live from Homelands 2001) in a couple of weeks... :wink:

Excellent mate!

Do you have this on high-quality mp3? If so, then send me it so I can give my members a the very best quality download without crowd noise... (necessarily) :D

I like this - a bit of competition here lads! :wink:

I'll prob do a full copy and then my own re-edit...

Excellent mate!

Do you have this on high-quality mp3? If so, then send me it so I can give my members a the very best quality download without crowd noise... (necessarily) :D  

I like this - a bit of competition here lads!  :wink:  

I'll prob do a full copy and then my own re-edit...

Canne send you it as it’s at home, not with me at uni! However, looks like it’s been sorted! 8)

Wow, I've just listened to that Gladiator track from the Qontact set and it's slightly different to the Homelands one! Looks like it's another edit Jules did of his track! Sound quality isn't too great on the Qontact one, but it's great to hear this track again :D

the 2 tracks are definately different... sounds like the version he plays @ Homelands is longer, or maybe he just cuts it earlier @ Qontact.

Anyways, they are both great & i really love the way he mixes into the gladiator track from Dj Debra - Radical... been trying to fetch the vinyl of Radical, but its out of stock all over :(

Traill: it would be SO cool if you can do a re-edit of the gladiator track...

even cooler if it was with a intro & outro... mixable *hint*hint* ;)

Cheers all!

Jonathan J.

Eliminating noise is tricky stuff - it's gonna take some time;

(it's just not as simple as those Hollywood detectives analysing a reel of tape from a telephone conversation wanting to hear something in the background - "Geoff, can you isolate that sound for us?" :D )

I don't want to sacrifice the "live feel" for poorer sound quality, so there's bound to be a bit of crowd noise left in which I can't do much about! Likewise Jules is shouting right over the top of 2 minutes' worth of the track, so that'll be irrecoverable, but I'll do me best! :wink:

hmm, i'd say, mix the 2 tracks from Homelands & Qontact... as Jules isn't talking in the Qontact set.. only the (imho) nice female MC is shouting a bit, but that just adds to the live feel of the track... i think it would be cool if a "live bootleg mix" would be possible... i know its done before with some of Paul Van Dyk's reworked tunes...

Good luck Tim! :D

Eliminating noise is tricky stuff - it's gonna take some time;  

(it's just not as simple as those Hollywood detectives analysing a reel of tape from a telephone conversation wanting to hear something in the background - "Geoff, can you isolate that sound for us?" :D )

I don't want to sacrifice the "live feel" for poorer sound quality, so there's bound to be a bit of crowd noise left in which I can't do much about! Likewise Jules is shouting right over the top of 2 minutes' worth of the track, so that'll be irrecoverable, but I'll do me best! :wink:

I bought DJ Debra off DJJD on the jules board when he was having a clearout a while ago, I dont play it much, may be willing to let ya have it guv for very reasonable money, I is no rip of merchant!, i've let a couple rare uns go for pittance before and I see myself could be labeleld as a fool but for the love of the music I shalt not rip peep off! should be a commandment! :lol:

Sounds VERY nice mate!

I do happen to live in Denmark though, but if you don't mind shipping it over here, i'll be more than happy to throw some money at you.

Cheers!

I bought DJ Debra off DJJD on the jules board when he was having a clearout a while ago, I dont play it much, may be willing to let ya have it guv for very reasonable money, I is no rip of merchant!, i've let a couple rare uns go for pittance before and I see myself could be labeleld as a fool but for the love of the music I shalt not rip peep off! should be a commandment! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I have a tape which is of poor quality but after listening to it carefully over and over again the part where Jules is shouting is the part l would really love to hear properly as it sounds amazing. I'm sure you will do your best.-can't wait. :roll: :lol:

hi there. just to let u know i spoke to jules via the gift of pen paper and over the decks at the time of him playing his mix of gladiator at slinky the day before homelands that year, unfortunately i spoke to him the time after and he said that hanz zimmer didnt like it so wouldnt let him play it any more, and there was nothin he could do on it, shame but at least i have it on cd from the qontakt mix....

I is no rip of merchant!, i've let a couple rare uns go for pittance before and I see myself could be labeleld as a fool but for the love of the music I shalt not rip peep off! should be a commandment

The most I've ever paid for one record is £20, very recently in fact, but it was very rare and in my opinion worth it :)