Htfr really taking the piss

DeAnO

I know how much you's fans to the lovely and helpfull people at Htfr so i thought you might like this. After finally getting in from work today after a busy day i find a letter from this lovely bunch. What it said was that they had sent me out a catalogue recently and were "Dissapointend" i hadnt ordered anything out of it! How cheeky do you think that is because i think its taking the piss. They also said is i dont order before the 4th of March im getting taken off there mailing list. Lol

HTFR is amazing; everyone seems to have had a run in with them...i ordered 5/6 records from them online and never received the records. i paid for them too but i could not be arsed to recoup the money as i had heard stories all over the place about their poor service and couldnt be bothered.

I even used their online wish list idea. You tell them what records you want and they will email/call you when they're in stock.

Ha ha, still waiting...

I even used their online wish list idea. You tell them what records you want and they will email/call you when they're in stock.  

That wish list thing is a waste of time! You only get notified if it comes back in stock if you're at the front of the "queue", and usually you're the 223rd person to have added that record to their wishlist. :D

I get the catalogues too... only thing I think HTFR might be good for is their range of spare sleeves and covers :)

Juno is silly - I once put in an order at 5pm, and it arrived the next morning at 8am with a knock from the postman... superhuman effort! And their customer service is excellent too. They were quite happy to replace my Leon Bolier when it was skewered in the post :)

I know how much you's fans  to the lovely and helpfull people at Htfr so i thought you might like this. After finally getting in from work today after a busy day i find a letter from this lovely bunch. What it said was that they had sent me out a catalogue recently and were "Dissapointend" i hadnt ordered anything out of it! How cheeky do you think that is because i think its taking the piss. They also said is i dont order before the 4th of March im getting taken off there mailing list. Lol

they told me that about 2months ago and just yesterday i received A WINTER SALE 2007 CATALOGUE :?

So many records shops have disappeared and gone bust over the last 18 months. Why can't it have been HTFR? :(

Absolutely everyone hates them. It amazes me how they've stayed in business. Its the only shop I know where you can walk in and feel a bad atmosphere straight away. Such a daunting shop.

The staff have no personality, and the sight of those expensive cars owned by the bosses outside after i've just been ripped off on a shoddily pressed "rare" white label which was made out the back of their shop by some bloke using a chisel to carve grooves into a lump of vinyl annoys me.

The only 2 decent things about that place are the bouncer on the door (funny as f**k), and the door that leads out.

I hate the place with a passion!

I've never been to the place so can't comment really but from what I've heard ot was nothin on 3 Shades (the best record store i ever visited) or Massive which were both in Birmingham but had to close last year.

Though i play mostly CDR now it would still have been nice to pop in to 3 Shades from time to time to speak to Paul & Mart & generally have a browse & chat, online download stores just don't have the same charisma

Htfr are useless, they have never got anything right for me. I asked them about a tune ages ago and when they finally replied the guy said he would send me a sample of it if required, so i asked for the sample, and to this day i still havn't had it.

yeah, how are they still in business? didnt they get done for bootlegging a few years ago?

There's lots of conflicting information about this on the net, but from what I gather they were once investigated by Trading Standards which apparently resulted in nothing. This visit sparked massive internet chat on a number of boards that they were investigated for dodgy bootlegs, through a worrying amount of people posting about previous suspect pressings they'd received and generally HTFR's poor customer service.

Whether they were investigated for copyright issues with their own label, for illegal pressings, or even whether they were in trouble at all in the first place, it is fair to say that the topic's attention and discussion on the internet has damaged the company's reputation irreparably.

discussion on the internet has damaged the company's reputation irreparably.

See, that has never bothered them. So many people complain about them on the internet, yet they fail to take any notice and do something about the complaints to prevent further discussions in future.

Every DJ I know on the internet uses, or has used, Juno Records, so they must get far more business than HTFR - yet you can pretty much guarantee that if you order from Juno before 4pm, it'll arrive at your door the following day. If not, its DEFINATELY with you in 48 hours. If you order from HTFR, you can be waiting days, if not weeks, for it to turn up EVEN if you pay for quicker delivery. They clearly rip people off because they've got three cars outside owned by the boss which must have cost around £40,000 each, and two have private plates that they were advertising in their brochure once for £10,000 each. Most shops are going bust because vinyl is on its way out, yet HTFR are still lining their pockets with money. That's not down to being clever - its down to ripping people off. Three Shades often sold records for £5 - but over at HTFR, that same record would be sold for £9.

One of my mates used to work at Chemical records, and I know that they used to buy their records in for £2.70 (cost to Chemical records), so if they sold them for £5.40, they were making £2.70p profit - which is justifiable because they have to stock them, pay wages, pay overheads, etc - but when HTFR charge £9 for a record that costs them £2.70, that is just daylight robbery. Thats only their records too! Some of their equipment costs £100 more than the likes of Sapphires.co.uk - plus HTFR import theirs from abroad because its cheaper (so they'll be buying them in cheaper than Sapphires do). It'll also explain the reason for everyone having european plugs on their equipment that they've bought from HTFR.

TBF to htfr, I bought my 2 turntables and mixer from them at a Music Expo thing at the NEC and htfr were exhibiting. I had a go on the equipment first (which was my 1st time ever on decks :shock: ) and liked them.

I got a lot of hassle from htf staff and managed to haggle them right down, which meant I got my mixer for free. Luckily I had researched prices before I went so I knew the maximum I SHOULD be paying, but there was no way I was going to pay the off-the-shelf price.

I think it was a case of the staff there had to sell so many to warrant having a stand, plus it was a good bit of publicity when I walked out with loads of boxes and there carrier bags wrapped around them :lol:

But it just shows that if you don't try your luck at getting money off, you can so easily be ripped off

discussion on the internet has damaged the company's reputation irreparably.

One of my mates used to work at Chemical records, and I know that they used to buy their records in for £2.70 (cost to Chemical records), so if they sold them for £5.40, they were making £2.70p profit - which is justifiable because they have to stock them, pay wages, pay overheads, etc - but when HTFR charge £9 for a record that costs them £2.70, that is just daylight robbery. Thats only their records too! Some of their equipment costs £100 more than the likes of Sapphires.co.uk - plus HTFR import theirs from abroad because its cheaper (so they'll be buying them in cheaper than Sapphires do). It'll also explain the reason for everyone having european plugs on their equipment that they've bought from HTFR.

Who's your mate that used to work for Chemical? :)