Friday Night Half-Hour Mix (March 2000) - my fave ever!

Simcut

Hey all,

Here's a little treat for you all, as I know your all itching for your Jules Audio!!

This is my favourite Friday Night Half-Hour Mix EVER! An amazing selection of tunes which are unknown to most....some of the mixing on this half-hour mix is simply amazing......hope you enjoy! :)

Oh yeah, and try and spot something rather strange with this mix.....I wonder who will notice first? :)

1. Return Of The Native - 'Future Slam' [white label]

2. The Hustler - 'Club Honey' [Paparazzi Records]

3. AM/FM Alexander - 'Get Tough' (Absolut Control EP) [strength Records USA]

4. Goldenscan - 'Sunrise' [white label]

5. Tillman & Ries - 'Bassfly' (Moogwai Remix) [Liquid Asset]

6. DJ Misjah - 'Mankind 6' [Mankind]

7. Burgy - 'Lochfrass' [Quickey]

8. York - 'Reachers Of Civilization' (Rank 1 Mix) [Manifesto]

Apologies for the slight cut out in the mix....I guess I pressed record by mistake when playing it some years ago?? doesnt affect things too much though! :) (by the way, this isn't the strange thing I mentioned above!)

DL Link

By the way, isnt it rare that there are 8 tracks in a half-hour mix? love it! :D

Hope you enjoy this guys, let me know what u think ;)

Regards

Simon

Burgy - Lochfrass is as rare as rocking horse s*** - I got £50 for one of mine on Ebay about 3 years ago. I was well chuffed!

I'm surprised this is one of your favourites mixes though to be honest. There's a few loose beats knocking around in that mix, which, back in 2000, was quite rare for Jules. Great flow though - that was Jules's strong point too back in the day, although Reachers Of Civilisation was a bit out of place.

Jules reads out the wrong tracklist for the mix! wtf!!!

Out of interest, did the tracklisting he read out bear any resemblence to another mix from (say) the week before? If not, the BBC have an unaired 30 minute mix of Jules lying around :D

• 2 months later...

sweet sweet mix, and York "Reachers Of C" as he used to call it (remember!?!) RUSH YOUR FACE OFF!!!

Reachers Of Civilisation" was the flip to "On The Beach"...But Reachers of C was by far the better tune. That old Rank 1 sound was immense :)

sweet sweet mix, and York "Reachers Of C" as he used to call it (remember!?!)

Yeah i remember. I still find it weird calling it reachers of civilisation all these years later as I was so used to Jules saying reachers of C. Ah the memories.

Archived