Under-rated DJ's

Briggsy

Everyone talks about the Van Dyk's, Armin's and Tiesto's, but the smaller profile DJ's rarely get the credit they deserve.

Which lower-profile DJ's do you think deserve a lot more credit for consistently doing supurb sets?

For me, i'd have to say Marcel Woods. Absolutely quality DJ. Loads of energy, good set flow, and always enjoys himself. The only gripe is that he plays too many of his own productions for too long, but other than that, he deserves to be up there alongside the top 20. marcel not only played the best set I heard last year, but probably the best set i'd heard EVER.

Mark Sherry (Public Domain) is another awesome DJ that puts so much energy and thought into his sets, yet rarely gets mentioned in clubland.

I still think that DJs like Marcel Woods & Mark Sherry get a lot of credit, i mean any DJ that can make a living out of spinning has got it made imo.

Under-rated DJs in my book would be more along the lines of John Wright, Adam S, Freesoup guys who top notch but cannot support themselves thru music just yet.

Under-rated pros for me would probably be Perry O'Neil, Jon O'Bir (less now than a few yrs back) & Paul Thomas

Barry Connell

He's still young and once he's been around a bit, he'll storm the Trance/Techno scene. He's just like another Eddie Halliwell.

Ben and Barry of Goodgreef have a way of bringing through DJ's, so he's definately in the right hands. If I was a DJ, i'd definately want to be under their care. Most promotors don't give a toss about their DJ's - but Ben and Barry love to see their DJ's do well.

Top guys!

Richard Tulip - ressie at the now defunct Promise. Always played exceelent warm up sets and varied his sets according to who was following him. Also seen him play a closing set and the guy tore the roof off. He still manages to get the odd gig here and there, but not enough imo.

William Daniel is also a class ressie @ IO - again can play anywhere and always gets the place jumping :|

I think a few under rated djs include...

Noff, Bjorn, Adam (Dormouse), BigSteve, Munki, Tom Bailey, Briggsy, KSheehan, Christain Hann, Simcut, Jason B, Wakey and Aza [big cough.......].

If Trail had a set of 1's and 2's he would be right up there along with Chrissie Brown ;)

I think a few under rated djs include...

Noff, Bjorn, Adam (Dormouse), BigSteve, Munki, Tom Bailey, Briggsy, KSheehan, Christain Hann, Simcut, Jason B and Aza [big cough.......].

If Trail had a set of 1's and 2's he would be right up there along with Chrissie Brown ;)

I guess I'm in the list of top DJs ;)

Cheque's in the post :wink:

That big steve fella is a top bloke! He's a real pleasure to have on forums and every message board should have one. Not only is he good to have on forums, but he's also a damn fine DJ. Rumours are that he's a good guy to go down the pub with for a laugh, and he's a great caring citizen in the community :D

Cheque's in the post :wink:

That big steve fella is a top bloke! He's a real pleasure to have on forums and every message board should have one. Not only is he good to have on forums, but he's also a damn fine DJ. Rumours are that he's a good guy to go down the pub with for a laugh, and he's a great caring citizen in the community :D

...and I bet you're wanting a cheque too :lol::lol::lol: