Messageboards

Marty Mayes

No pricks on this board but definitely on jj.net - used to be quite good for IDs in the past but I never signed up in the end as I couldnt stand all the fighting. Tranceaddict also has some idiots on it :(

I came over from judgejules.net as alot of the regulars on there put down anything jules plays, personally i think why you on judge jules site if you dont like him! radio 1 dance is full of wanna be underground dj / dance fans as well

JJ.net, a lot of them think they have all these tunes before everyone else, think they can mix better than everyone else. I say, well, why are'nt you playing out then?

radio1 dance is the same to, i actually posted a mix on there the other day. Look for DJ heroins last post :mrgreen:

Nothing annoys me more than trainspotters who think they are better than everyone else...I have had it too when i've played out "God i had this tune 6 weeks ago" or "Nah, he's s*** he cant mix"...WHATEVER!

A lot of the JJ.net members only use it to speka to their mates. They have no interest in Jules and what he plays at all. Some of them have never liked Jules, others used to like him but have moved onto other things - and now slate him because THEIR taste has changed.

Back on topic though, this site rocks for friendliness, and, I hate to plug my own site so openly, but i'm quite proud of the friendly nature on my site - there's not one idiot in site. http://www.TheTranceArena.com or if you just want the forums, then go to http://www.TheTranceArena.com/forums :thumbsup:

has to be said, yes the JJ.net board is tripe unfortunately. Used to use it but not again..

I stick to modding this one, anjuna, matt hardwick & 2 local derby ones

:thumbsup:

JJ.net, a lot of them think they have all these tunes before everyone else, think they can mix better than everyone else. I say, well, why are'nt you playing out then?

radio1 dance is the same to, i actually posted a mix on there the other day. Look for DJ heroins last post :mrgreen:

Nothing annoys me more than trainspotters who think they are better than everyone else...I have had it too when i've played out "God i had this tune 6 weeks ago" or "Nah, he's s*** he cant mix"...WHATEVER!

im going to give your mix a listen at work! i got the chris kaeser track (stonebridge mix) cool summery tune! :mrgreen:

im going to give your mix a listen at work! i got the chris kaeser track (stonebridge mix) cool summery tune! :mrgreen:

:redface:

When i did that it was a bit of a "up middle finger" to them lot on that board that only like Minimal. That Chris Kaeser tune does actually sound good in a club, it has to be the stonebridge mix though, and you err gotta pitch it up a wee bit.

Anyways, when i get my new pair of headphones i will be doing a more "me" mix i.e more banging and slap a bit of trance in it...My current 'phones are fooked and i dont get paid till friday so err...yeah i'll knock one out then (a mix that is).

You'll have to excuse the name "DJ Heroin"...it's a long story...

Haze, hit me up on www.myspace.com/djstuartbusiness add me!

Use a few, some more than others, this board is where I have many more posts than anywhere else.

Use the Godskitchen one quite a bit & matt Hardwick board is a really cool forum. JJ.net mainly for promo & tranceaddict is also a decent one

oh sorry about the crackle when i mix the tunes, my mixers getting kinda old and i'm one of the rare breed of DJ's that actually uses the crossfader rather than upfaders...

oh sorry about the crackle when i mix the tunes, my mixers getting kinda old and i'm one of the rare breed of DJ's that actually uses the crossfader rather than upfaders...

The only time I use the cross fader is when the darn cat has knocked it away from the middle and I eventually work out why the sound isn't right :lol:

been there mate! played out before on a DJM500 where you can turn the crossfader off, and of course, the other DJs turn the crossfader off. So there's me got my next tune lined up, about to bring it and no sound....

I know it sounds odd but i like the control of the crossfader, you can be more clinical.

Speaking of which, are there actually any A list DJ's that do actually use the crossfader?

I must admit this thread is very intreaging. I came over to this board from jj.net. im not a huge board user but i do like to read whats going on, answer a few things now and again (if i ever know the answer as im a bit thick!!!lol) and ask for everyones help (the most usual thing from me). I godda admit there are far too many wana be dj's who have no clue about the industry and politics that goes on but are more than keen to think they know it all and tell everyone about theyre opinion. They always say they are the best and everyone else sucks etc etc (very boring). I godda say this is the friendliest board of any board ive come accross with people wanting to help and havin a bit of a laugh. Hats off to you guys. Ultimately in reply to all those wana be dj's who think they are the best, they aint. They only know how to please themselves and although maybe technically gifted are not doing there job which is to entertain the crowd, this is what the people pay to see and hear not someone enjoying themselves on there own. Thats why they dont get any work. I dont claim to be the best Dj in the world, in fact technically im prob below average but i like to entertain the crowd with some (wait for the julesism) in your face interface and dodgy dance moves, which if i might say so myself, is bloody funny. To all you guys on the board you deserve to get what you dream to achieve if you work hard for it and always remember that no matter how many people you play to, or what your objective is, Its All About The People. I hope I dont sound to arrogant with this?

I wish to extend my thanks for all your support over the time ive been on here.

I dont claim to be the best Dj in the world, in fact technically im prob below average but i like to entertain the crowd with some (wait for the julesism) in your face interface and dodgy dance moves.

Like it! I'm gonna nick that!

I'd rather hear patchy beatmixing and see the dj enjoying themselves than chin strokers admiring how good someone beat mixing and re-looping is. I like a bit of Human Error, it keeps things real.

Actually, i like that as a production pseudonym...Human Error...hmmmmm

I godda say this is the friendliest board of any board ive come accross with people wanting to help and havin a bit of a laugh. Hats off to you guys.

istockphoto_512489_hats_off_to_safety.jpg

Hats off to you too, sir! :)

I came over to this board from jj.net.... I godda say this is the friendliest board of any board ive come accross with people wanting to help and havin a bit of a laugh. Hats off to you guys.... I wish to extend my thanks for all your support over the time ive been on here.

You're welcome mate! Many thanks for the comments and I hope it continues in this way :thumbsup:

How random has JJ.net got lately, usually only check out the Promotions & DJ Mix threads but browsing open chat saw some randomness from Emy (Emy Halliwell :rolleyes: )

This board is still my favourite :thumbsup:

Archived