Dangerous Dave's Tour Dates

I too used to listen to Dave Pearce' sundany night mix. I heard from various other boards that Dan Bailey used to the those mixes. Dont know if there was any truth in it. Does Dan Bailey work as part of the Dance Anthems team anymore?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same kinda experience with these 'chain clubs'. We went to see JFK & Agnelli & Nelson at Elements in Northampton about a year ago. Being 'chain clubs' they dont seem to put much into their audio setups and this lead to the most awfull sound coming out of the oversized speakers. My ears were ringing for about a week after (that cant be healthy) and I'm still mentally traumatised.

The venue was only small and was full of pissed up chavs dong the "woo, woo" chant all night whilst waving their glowsticks around like they were trying to fend off a swarm of attacking wasps or something. :eek: . I'm totally open to a diverse crowd and I'm not saying no 'beer boys' because that'd mean if I had a couple of bottles when I went in I'm one of them..

Anyway, I had a wrenching headache when I left due to the crap speakers and the constant wiff of poppers being nailed by people drinking and quite obviously not on the gurners.

Needless to say I'm not going there again.

This led to much annoyance when Slinky left the Opera House and went to Elements :angry: . I haven't been since it moved.

Just out of curiosity, I know a couple of people on here used to live in B'mouth. Whats the new venue [Elements] like?

Edited by Uberduck

Just out of curiosity, I know a couple of people on here used to live in B'mouth. Whats the new venue [Elements] like?

I can't comment too much because i've not been - but from what i've seen and heard, the agreement between Slinky and Elements was that Elements had to invest in a better sound system if Slinky were to take their business there.

My view on Dave is that he has a commercial radio show, but check out the tracklisting every now and again - he plays some great trance that often goes unmissed[...] I used to listen to his sunday night mixes as much as Jules on a friday or Saturday - great tunes, (albeit pitched up!), but he used to get tracks from great german or swiss labels like Honeypot, introduced me to decent tracks I would not have heard otherwise (and not just the Alphazone mix of Kira - I'll be Your Angel lol).

I just love the energy in one mix he did from The Gift - 'Love Angel' (M.i.k.e. Mix) to Clockz - 'Clocks' when it was still on uber rare white label. Not a beat out too!

I totally agree with this - back in the day I always clocked into dance anthems for just 15 minutes purely to check out the 3-track mix around 8.10pm, and occasionally it'd include some rare gem that everyone (including Jules) missed. Same wavelength again, Christian... :)

Oh yes... :rolleyes: i'm still searching for one of them. Dj Lukka (or Luca or Lucca or Luka) - 'White City'.

I remember when Dave used to play Frank traxx for weeks on end, must have been on import at that time before Neo snapped it up. He always used to support all Anjunabeats stuff too, before it got artsy. Tranquility Base - 'Razorfish' or Super 8 - 'Alba' anyone? Chooons!

Edited by thirddrive
  • Like 1

• 15 years later...
On 4/23/2007 at 9:02 PM, thirddrive said:

Oh yes... :rolleyes: i'm still searching for one of them. Dj Lukka (or Luca or Lucca or Luka) - 'White City'.

I remember when Dave used to play Frank traxx for weeks on end, must have been on import at that time before Neo snapped it up. He always used to support all Anjunabeats stuff too, before it got artsy. Tranquility Base - 'Razorfish' or Super 8 - 'Alba' anyone? Chooons!

i got this track white city