Global Gathering 2007

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are kidding. My Ibiza holiday is costing about the same price (£420) and l know where l would rather be. ;)

Your cheaper option would be to buy a Global ticket. Find a B&B in Stratford-Upon-Avon (£30-£40 per night) and get a taxi to and from Global from your B&B (£10 each way).

Yeah that seems alot of money. Im sure it could be done cheaper as Briggsy suggests. Im just gonna drive again this year. It was fairly straightforward last year. Will have a couple of hours sleep before setting off home on the sunday.

Global is potentially an amazing day/night. The 2004 Global is still the single best clubbing event I've been to, the sun shone solidly all day & the programming & mixture of DJs was perfect.

Sitting on the man made beach listening to Nic Fancuilli & Roger Sanchez in the sunshine was a brilliant start, then obviously going into the various arenas and catching some wicked sets, PvD's set is probably my favourite ever.

I'm not sure about the whole 2 day thing, but if you only wana go for the Saturday (mainly focused upon the DJs) then just get there by any means (i got the train) then hang out in Stratford for a while before hitting the site by one of the shuttle buses, once the party's over about 7am just hang around for a bit before heading back to stratford then get train home

one of the shuttle buses

Yeah, I forgot about the shuttle buses. I'd say a B&B is by far your cheaper option in that case if you can get free transfer. Global Gathering seems miles away from Stratford because when they put those yellow AA road signs up directing everyone in, they send you on a 6 mile detour around the country lanes. Its actually only a 10 minute drive from Stratford Upon Avon if you go the "proper" way - and not the signposted way.

I'm quite lucky in that I only live 40 minutes away from the Global site - so I drive straight home afterwards :D

I live about an hour and a half away and I still managed to drive back ok, leaving the site at 6am on no sleep. However I only went for the Saturday, but even so I'd gone 22 hours or so on no sleep. This yeah I'm planning to do the weekend so will be able to rest a bit on the sunday before leaving. I dont reckon I would use a B & B personally cos I just prefer to go straight home where I can properly crash out and have a shower etc. If necessary I would pull over and sleep in the car for a bit, lol. Then again depends quite how far you have to travel I guess.

I don't live too far maybe 40mins from Stratford, the time i got a lift back from a friend we were queued on the car park waiting to get off for about 2 hours, didn't get back to nearly 11

Ok, whos paying the silly money and going. Im gunna go cause ive heard its so damn good and the lineups are quality but really £420 for ticket and hotel is silly?

Opinions?

I would rather buy a PS3 :D

btw, has anyone got a PS3 - are they worth the stupidly high price?

Nope, because in 8 months time when the novelty has worn off, they'll be about 200 quid with 95 games thrown in free along with 75 joypads and a Vauxhall Corsa with 12 cans of Carling in the boot autographed by Jordan.

they were if you queued up in london upon release and were one of the lucky ones at the front.

Sony gave away free HD tv's worth a fair bit with them! CHECK IT :)

Yeah I heard about that. But you could walk in after the rush and pick up a PS3 no hassles. So I take it people were only queuing for the TV then and put the PS3 on eBay!! All a publicity stunt after Sony cocked up not getting them out before Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to pay to go, then i'd feel the same way. Only the Saturday appeals to me. Luckily, I get it free.

I reckon this will seriously backfire on the organisers this year. Very few people are interested in the Friday - so therefore, people are opting to stay away because they're not going to pay for a day they don't want. Unless Global give in to demand within the next month or so, attendance figures will drop drastically.

The problem is, nobody is complaining directly to the organsers, so they may not be aware of just how many people want one-day only tickets. if everyone complained directly, they might realise they've made a mistake and then off one-day tickets too.

At the end of the day, if enough people complain, they WILL have to give in. They can't afford to think that they know best on an event of this size. The promotion, DJ fee's, licensing, tent hire, etc will cost a small fortune - and they need to recover those costs before thye even start to make a profit. They won't do that if people stay away.

• 1 month later...

Saturday-only tickets went on sale on 24th May for those interested.

I've just had a read of the Gods board. Not a bunch of happy campers on there after the open-air 'festival' became a 12 hour club event inside Air with many DJs wiped off the line-up and the DJs left on the bill were put together in a shocking array of set times. Notably Riley & Durrant and Eteson, followed by Eric Morillo at the jaw droppingly early time of 8.30pm :eek:

I also noticed that Gods have booked the Red Arrows for GG. Whats that all about? Do you honestly think people will go home the next day and say, 'Wow weren't the Red Arrows really good!' The money could be better spent elsewhere, eg more toilets.

(Sorry for the rant, but I've just remembered why I don't go on the Gods board often!)

Archived