Global Gathering 2007

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the final lineup breakdown across the 2 days last night and I'm not sure what to do now. I was originally gonna do the whole weekender but there is nothing on the Friday I want to see apart from Faithless.... who I really really want to see. But I just dont know if it justifies an extra 40-50 quid for the Friday as well just to see Faithless. I expected Basment Jaxx would also play the Friday to be honest much like Groove Armada and Daft Punk both playing the friday last year. It seems Global really aren't offering much for the friday punters.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't be surprised Briggsy :P , hehe

Right I'm pretty sure I'll be there this year, just whether to go the whole weekender or just Saturday again. Bjorn I may have to invade your village if I come for the whole thing! I dont have me own tent, ahaha.

We need to organise a board meet up, there are very few of you on here that I've actually met, think its only Bjorn and Christian (Thirddrive)

We need to organise a board meet up, there are very few of you on here that I've actually met, think its only Bjorn and Christian (Thirddrive)

Ah i remember that time we met.....

haha, just pulling your leg :thumbsup:

Almost everywhere i've been over the last year, i've seen Bjorn lurking somewhere. I saw him at Godskitchen a few months ago, he was at the GCSSS in May, I saw him at Global last year, and i'll no doubt see him at Global again this year too.

I never saw him at Escape Into The Park though, and I never saw him at Panama in Amsterdam either - so he's slacking now :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Twas a good night, went just for saturday and saw:

Dave Pearce

Marcel Woods

Eddie Halliwell

Jules

Hixxy & Storm

Basement Jaxx

Armin

PVD

I got there at about 2.30 but had to walk a good 40 minutes from the car park to the main entrance. I collected my ticket and walked straight in with no queue which was a bonus after the long walk. I had a browse through the programme and headed straight to GK tent where dangerous was on ahead of Marcel Woods who I was very keen to see. Woods did not disappoint, not afraid to bang out the tunes at the early set time of 4 pm. I particularly enjoyed SVD's - Riff as the 2nd tune of the set, one of my fav's at the moment and later in the set Lemon Tree, the first of 3 times I heard that tune all night.

After Marcel I had a walk round the site with some of Bjorn's Posse although he'd gone to change out of his wellies, not into flip flops however, he went for trainers.... I'd have stuck with the wellies, ahahaha

Eddie was up next and played a blinder, he's one of my best DJ's at the mo and has probably overtaken Jules now in my ratings. Wicked set playing tunes like:

Bedrock - Heaven Scent (Greg Downey)

Aled Mann - Cause & Effect

Nick Larson - FDV6 (Randy Katana Edit)

Marcel Woods - Lemon Tree

He was scratching it up nicely too.

Then Jules was live on R1. I stayed for his live hour which was a good set with mainly what you'd expect but a few new ones I'd not heard. Unfortunately he played that mark ronson remix again.. urrgghh! However for me right now its always good to hear Laid Bare, cant get enough of that tune.

I next ventured into the world of the Polysexual arena for a bit of Hixxy with MC Storm. Unfortunately hardcore has taken a downward turn again and seems to be very much cheesy vocal tracks and remixes of the likes of DJ Sammy (Jason would have loved it!). However it was good for a laugh and great to see MC Storm up there still as passionate as ever about the hardcore scene, legend.

I then saw the last hour of Basement Jaxx as the rain poured down turning the site into a complete bog. It didn't bother me though at this point as Jaxx were awesome, the whole crowd was lovin it. Also loved hearing Bingo Bango as the encore, one of the best tunes they've done.

I returned to GK after jaxx to see armin who was playing a good set as i arrived. I remember hearing Sean Tyas - One More Night Out and Communication pt 3. Up next was PVD who started very well with mandy reid's - up the tempo. only 10 mins in and the music was cut because some idiots had climbed into the lighting rig around 25 ft above the crowd and were told to come down or the music would not go back on. 10 mins later PVD was back and it sounded like a great set for the next 30 mins or so.

Unfortunately the rain forced everyone inside the tents and it got rather hot and crowded to say the least. I wasn't enjoying it too much by this point and the sound had also been lacking all night with almost no mids at all making it hard to hear the tunes. Add to this the mud which was ankle deep in places and i had trainers on and I decided to call it a night. Pretty early I know but I had seen all I wanted to really, wasn't bothered about ferry corsten and had seen A & B very recently so i couldn't really be bothered to stay til 5 for sander van doorn.

After the 40 minute trek to the car park i then had to find my car! 20 minutes or so later I finally did and then had to get it out of the now very muddy and boggy field which took around 2 hours as so many people in front of me were completely stuck in the mud. I must have helped a good 10 people get on their way and eventually my path was cleared and I was on my way. What a random end to the night but it was some how kinda fun and didn't ruin a fantastic day. Next year I will definitely be taking wellies just in case!

Good to see it wasn't a total washout. I guess in this county we're always gonna be at the mercy of the rain gods! Shame the sound quality wasn't so good. You'd expect a promoter like Gods to ensure this would be top notch :huh: .

Definitely, the sound at escape in the park was spot on, but here it was very lacking in the mids. You couldn't even hear Jules on the mic during his broadcast, just a faint mumbling.

I could have sworn that this happened at Creamfields one year. :confused: Not saying that was with PVD though.

What sort of tool thinks he\she's clever by climbing up one of those. They should have something setup in preparation for this. Maybe a big fecking spotlight that they can shine on them and everyone can point and laugh. My choice would be one of those ball cannons that tennis players use and the DJ can start firing shi*t at them to try and knock them off. :twisted: That'd teach the little fecker.

Didn't some people ruin PvDs set a few years ago by climbing something? I'm sure I remember something like that happening before suring one of his sets...

yeah around 5 past midnight on january 1st 2000 at Crasher Don Valley. pvd got to punch him in the face though for ruining his specially made midnight tune.

dunno if it's happened a third time...

Cheers Tim. Unfortunately I never met up with Dormouse and Christian. In my usual last minute unorganised rush to go to the event I didn't have time to arrange it or get contact details so sorry guys, hope you all had a great night though.

Good report and I think most festivals this year have been hit with the mud :( It could have been a lot worse I suppose.

Maybe lighting rigs should have a 5000V power lead through the rigging. That way anyone could be fried if they climb it :ph34r:

Archived