Judge Jules - 07/04/2007

Aza

Saturday 7th April

The Cut-Up Cut

Groove Armada ft Stush – Get Down (Columbia)

Alex Gaudino – Destination Calabria (Data)

Red Lake – Alright (White Label)

Therese – Feelin Me (Positiva)

Another Chance - Sound Of Eden (Phonetic)

Timbaland ft Nelly & Justin T - Give It To Me (Interscope)

Client - Drive [smax & Gold mix] (Masterhit)

Calvin Harris – Acceptable In The 80’s (Sony BMG)

Junior Jack – Dare Me (Defected)

Klaxons – Gravitys Rainbow (Polydor)

Noir Music – All About House Music (Noir Music)

DJ Chus & David Penn – We Play House [Norm’s It’s All Good Mix] (Caballero)

Dada feat. Sandy Rivera – Lolipop (Destined)

Get Far – Shining Star (541)

Axford - Got A Love (White Label)

Bootyluv - Shine [ian Carey] (White Label)

Funky Tried And Tested

Tocadisco – Freak In The Morning (White Label)

Soulseekers - Party For The Weekend (EMI)

Peter Gelderblom vs. RHCP - Waiting For (White Label)

DJ Dero - Dero’s Balearic (White Label)

One For The WeekendPete Tong’s Choice

Fragmente – Transistor Radio (Super Superb)

Dino Lenny - Coca Cola (Free2Air)

Gossip - Standing In The Way [Nusense Mix] (White Label)

Nick Callaghan - Samba Showdown (White Label)

Judge Jules - Diversion [Dale Corderoy Mix] (White Label)

Sebastian Leger - Hit Girl (Kingdome Kome)

20:00

Bangin’ Tried And Tested

Headstrong - Symphony Of The Soul (White Label)

Albert Vorne – Formentera What [Gareth Emery Remix] (White Label)

K. System - Samba 69 (White Label)

Richard Durand – Ricochet (White Label)

Dogzilla – Frozen (Maelstrom)

Budge The Judge Winning Track

Sander Van Doorn – Back By Any Demand (Oxygen)

Saturday Night Mix

Gleave – Firedevil (Detox)

Vincent De Moor - Flowtation [signum Remix] (XL)

Mark Sherry - Here Comes The Drums (White Label)

Substate – Release (Joyride)

Octagen – Renegade (White Label)

The Last Dance

Tiernan O’Neil - Lost Childhood (White Label)

Checked this out last night & was well impressed with the show. Spoke with Bjorno & Craig throughout and Jules was certainly rocking the show! Sat night mix was awesome....

That must be a remix of Gleave - Fire Devil, good track nevertheless as well as Signum remix and Substate
:)

Saturday 7th April

Saturday Night Mix

Gleave – Firedevil (Detox)

Vincent De Moor - Flowtation [signum Remix] (XL)

Mark Sherry - Here Comes The Drums (White Label)

Substate – Release (Joyride)

Octagen – Renegade (White Label)

I caught that, as i weren't out last night, and i have to say, it was the best one i've heard in a long while. Fluid mixing, good tunes. Shades of the Judge of old...

I listened to the show before going out to see him at Tall Trees in Newquay. Really love Octagen "Renegade". He played the Gleave "Firedevil" tune towards the end of his set last night. Have to say Jules was on top form last night. He played from 12.30-2.30. It was his only gig last night.

I listened to the show before going out to see him at Tall Trees in Newquay. Really love Octagen "Renegade". He played the Gleave "Firedevil" tune towards the end of his set last night. Have to say Jules was on top form last night. He played from 12.30-2.30. It was his only gig last night.

Excellent Chrissie - hope you had a good night :)

I really enjoyed the Sat night mix & if his set at Tall Trees was as good as that, then I bet he played a blinder ;)

It was a great night as Jules played some of my fav tunes. Resident DJ Steve Lid was on before Jules and as he is a big fan of Jules he played similar tunes. Just as Jules arrived he played Russ James "My Mind" and then stuck on "Caned and Unable" which went down a treat. I do love that tune.

Tall Trees has been refurbished (apart from the ladies loos which are awful) and it looked good. Fortunately it wasn't rammed, just comfortable, a really good friendly atmosphere too.

Jules had very kindly put me on his guestlist, he's a real gent as he looks after his fans. Anyway I've put the money to good use as l have put it down on my "Race for Life" (Cancer Research Uk) sponsor form.

Jules was very entertaining and on top form and played a "mixed bag" which went down really well. He made a couple of mistakes which didn't seem to bother anyone and Jules just shrugged his shoulders. :lol:

In no particular order, these are some of the tunes he played. Cydonia, Samba 69, Firedevil, Diversion(Dale Corderoy Mix), Laid Bare, Sickness, Waiting For, Needs To Feel, Louder, Feel Free, Make Me Scream, A Life Less Ordinary, Friday Saturday Love, Russ James "My Mind" Hit Girl, Back By Any Demand, Reflect on Scorchio, Pistolwhip, Turn up For The Books, Destination Calabria, Green Martian, Luvstruck, finished with a Changes mix which sounded really good. Jules finished at 2.30 and Steve took over until the club closed at 4. I left when Jules finished his set as l had been up since 4.45 Sat morning and had only had a 3 hr nap late afternoon after work. I then drove back to Penzace and was tucked up in bed by 4.am. :thumbsup:

He made a couple of mistakes which didn't seem to bother anyone and Jules just shrugged his shoulders.

Tut tut!

Sounds like it was a decent night and well done on remembering those tunes - :thumbsup: How kind is that of him to put you on the guestlist :)

Checked out the show last night and it was pretty good I must agree. Nice to see some of the more trancy stuff coming in before 8 o clock too. The mix this week was very good.

Anyone know anything about the k-system - samba 69 tune? Is this some attempt to be able to effectively release a version of the electrostate bootleg by slightly altering the order of the notes in the bassline and higher state samples so that it could theoretically now be an original tune? :rolleyes:

I just cant believe Jules is supporting it really... how long will he support this new version having been playing electrostate for a year now.

yeh not too bad ths how - totally agree with u there nathan - that samba 69 track is s***!

Something that made me chuckle - the bloke who won the budge the judeg said 'yeh i love back by any deamand - i downloaded it the other day and can't stop listening to it....'

hmm, where exactly did u download that from mate? ha!

yeh not too bad ths how - totally agree with u there nathan - that samba 69 track is s***!

Something that made me chuckle - the bloke who won the budge the judeg said 'yeh i love back by any deamand - i downloaded it the other day and can't stop listening to it....'

hmm, where exactly did u download that from mate? ha!

Could be a personal link from Sander himself ;)

Good report Chrissie - glad to hear you had a good night. Well done at remembering all those tunes - did u take a notebook :confused: :mrgreen: B)

Would have loved to hear some of those tunes at The Arches, but sadly it wasn't that kind of set :(

Good report Chrissie - glad to hear you had a good night. Well done at remembering all those tunes - did u take a notebook :confused: :mrgreen: B)

Would have loved to hear some of those tunes at The Arches, but sadly it wasn't that kind of set :(

Yes Steve l did write down the tunes. :lol: I was on the dancefloor most of the time but took a couple of short breaks so l could write them down on the back of Sat's tracklisting. However I couldn't remember all of them.

I really enjoyed his set. :thumbsup:

Great to see 'Formenta What' (which is signed to Armada btw) & Tiernan's track being played

:D Tom, I instantly thought of you when l heard Tiernan O'Neil's "Lost Childhood" Really like this tune. B) This is a tune that has grown on me.

Can I just point out that I don't think that Samba Track was by K-System.

Jules played a nasty rework of Abel Ramos vs Josh Wink - Electro State (K-System bootleg) - which was missing from the Radio 1 tracklisting.

The track Jules played after it was Samba Showdown - which is nothing like that rework of Electro State.

I was under the impression they are seperate tracks mate.

K-system - Samba 69 being the remake of the electrostate bootleg

Nick Callaghan - Samba Showdown being a bootleg/remix heavily based on Florian F - Sureal Brazil, not sure what other tunes are sampled if any.

Check the tracklisting again, both tracks are listed there.

Ah my mistake then mate. I was under the impression that Samba Showdown was played much later last week - but thinking back, Jules started playing the more banging tunes earlier last week at around 7.45 - 7.50pm-ish (I wish it was a regular thing...)

The logic behind that Samba 69 is beyond me - its awful. I thought Electro State was very over-rated, but this new version is just shocking.

Hehe, indeedy.

I wondered if it was so they could release it without worrying about sample clearance... a bit like the Jealous Guys - Mr. Brightside track which was released properly with re-sung vocals rather than using the original sample as in the Krowd Killaz bootleg..

Archived