SVD - Back by Popular Demand

Uberduck

Is this still not available as a 320k mp3?

I know that dance-tunes had the exclusive which was supposed to only be for a week yet it's still not appeared anywhere else, to my knowledge, any ideas?

Is the vinyl of king of my castle which has appeared also in Global Groove a genuine white label or a case of someone making a dodgy press. Cos I know this happened with SVD's mix of pump up the jam, it came out on white label without permission from SVD. Anyone know the answer to this?

Is the vinyl of king of my castle which has appeared also in Global Groove a genuine white label or a case of someone making a dodgy press. Cos I know this happened with SVD's mix of pump up the jam, it came out on white label without permission from SVD. Anyone know the answer to this?

I would say that the white label is dodgy because the sample has now been cleared, and its getting an official release on Spinnin' Records as a dub and vocal mix.

Global Groove aren't the most trustworthy of shops!

I suspected as much. Global Groove are a shop i used to use loads in 2000/2001 and i still have it in my bookmarks so tend to check it out of habit. Not used it much recently though. They do often seem to have some iffy white labels in.

I had words with them once because I ordered a copy of VPL - Bassline about 6 weeks before it was due out. It was advertised at £7.50, but they charged me £20 for it!

Their excuse was "Our distributor charged us more than expected because it was a limited pressing promo that us and another shop had exclusive rights to - but the other shop pulled out, so we were left with the exclusive license cost rather than it being shared between ourselves and the other shop".

What they didn't realise is that I had a mate that worked at Chemical records, and he confirmed what I thought! Global Groove would have been sent two copies of it by their distributor six weeks before it was due out - and those were to play in their shop to promote it. They're either supposed to play it in the shop, or if not, destroy it. They are not allowed to sell it.

What they had done is sold me their promo copy that they were sent to the shop - therefore breaking the law.

When I highlighted this to Global Groove, they took it off sale, gave me my copy for free as a "gesture of goodwill", and never did those antics again - because they knew I was right, and if I reported them, they'd lose a lot of trust from their suppliers.

On a dodgyness scale, they're second behind HTFR!

Crazy. I could personally never fault their service. They were as good as juno at delivery times, order by 4 and get it next day etc. i must say tho they have some interesting stuff.

I got a cd promo of bk & jules - rumble/ i dont know and as soon as i bought it it was out of stock... could be coincidence i got the last one but i doubt it as it was clearly one of the Cds that riot sent to the shop for promo plays. also the same with jules - ordinary day, same happened with that. they sell all of their CD promos i reckon.

Another Dodgy outfit was Dance Music Finder in Birmingham which im sure was something to do with Htfr, it was on a third floor of a building with vinyl in racks and then shed loads of other vinyl scattered all over the floors and piled high in 2/3 other rooms. I ordered Higate - Pitchin, Commie remix of shine and BT & Paul Van Dyk - Namastai and all were rips, the higate rip was that bad you could faintly hear the radio one jingly from jules show in the background!!

I received this email (today) from HTFR :o

On the 7th November 2003 you submitted the following record from our website to your wish list:

Cat no: MR109967

Artist: BOB SINCLAR

Title: I FEEL FOR YOU

Label: DEFECTED

Released: 2000

Genre: FUNKY HOUSE

Format: ACETATE 12"

Price: £50.00 There's no way l would pay that price. :angry:

Another Dodgy outfit was Dance Music Finder in Birmingham which im sure was something to do with Htfr, it was on a third floor of a building with vinyl in racks and then shed loads of other vinyl scattered all over the floors and piled high in 2/3 other rooms. I ordered Higate - Pitchin, Commie remix of shine and BT & Paul Van Dyk - Namastai and all were rips, the higate rip was that bad you could faintly hear the radio one jingly from jules show in the background!!

They weren't connected - in fact, they hated each other. DMF took HTFR to court because HTFR had somehow hacked into their dancemusicfinder.co.uk domain and forwarded it to HTFR's website. DMF always used to name and shame HTFR on the front of their brochure about their domain name antics.

They were both incredibly dodgy though.

I received this email (today) from HTFR :o

On the 7th November 2003 you submitted the following record from our website to your wish list:

Cat no: MR109967

Artist: BOB SINCLAR

Title: I FEEL FOR YOU

Label: DEFECTED

Released: 2000

Genre: FUNKY HOUSE

Format: ACETATE 12"

Price: £50.00 There's no way l would pay that price. :angry:

BARGAIN!! Put me down for 4 copies please!!

back on topic quickly - back by demand is out on Dance-tunes wit ha very impressive Peter Gelderblom Remix which i have purchased!

Dance-Tunes only do 192k quality though don't they? Or has that changed?

Archived