Jules R1 21/04/07

JasonB

19:00

The Cut-Up Cut

Spektrum – ‘Kinda New’ (Non Stop)

Beyonce + Shakira - 'Beautiful Liar '(Sony)

De Souza – ‘Guilty’ (Dirty Soul)

Amerie – ‘Take Control’ (Columbia)

Electro – 'SOS’ [stonebridge T. Gold mix] (White)

Doc Da Funk - ‘Real Love’ (White)

Gwen Stefani – ‘Sweet Escape’ (Polydor)

The Migrants - ‘I Thought So’ [boris D mix] (Lowered)

Dan Le Sac – ‘Thou Shalt Always Kill’ (Lex)

Therese – ‘Feelin Me’ (EMI)

Atrium - ‘In Love With You’ (Positiva)

DJ Mehdi – ‘Signature’ [Atomic Believes mix] (White)

Gossip – ‘Standing In The Way Of Control' [u Sense mix] (Back Yard)

Funky Tried and Tested

My Digital Enemy – ‘Wasted’ (White)

Henrik B – ‘Soul Heaven’ (White)

Robbie Craig & Audio Freaks – ‘Freak’ (White)

Baily & Rossko – ‘Don’t Go’ (White)

One For The Weekend – Trophy Twin’s Choice

Shapeshifters – ‘Pusher’ (Positiva)

Hardrox – ‘Feel The Hard Rock’ (Dance Mania)

Julian Jewell – ‘Air Conditioning’ (White)

Niels De Vries – ‘Sugarbeat’ (White)

Steve Poindexter – ‘Computer Madness’ (Azuli)

Sebastian Leger – ‘Hit Girl’ (Maelstrom)

20:00

Bangin’ Tried & Tested

Laptop DJ – ‘Boom’ [shane 54 mix] (White)

Richard Durand – ‘Ricochet’ (Terminal 4)

Albert Vorne – ‘Formentera’ (Gareth Emery Remix) ???(White)

Headstrong – ‘Symphony Of The Soul’ (Sola)

K. Sheehan – ‘Mental Gatex’ (White)

Budge The Judge Winning Track– Crystal’s choice

Dogzilla – 'Frozen' (Maelstrom)

The Saturday Night Mix

Octagen Vs DJ Dazzle – ‘Continuous’ (FiveAM)

Nu NRG – ‘Natural Think’ (Vandit)

Corderoy – ‘Drifiting’ (Accord)

Stone Face & Terminal – ‘Supernature’ [Ottaviani mix] (Euphonic)

Ocean Lab – ‘Satellite’ (Euphonic)

Last Dance

Nick Callaghan – ‘Samba Showdown’ (White)

yeh - v.decent mix again[i/] from Jules - loving the Sat Night mixes now, they have been something of a good regular occurence.

Nice one Ken on having your tune played again :)

Was quite a good show overall yesterday. I particularly remember Jules saying he still has nightmares about failing his exams at university & his producer left the show too...

Just listened to the show on Listen Again and the first hour was one of the best I've heard in a long time. Really like Julian Jewell – ‘Air Conditioning.’

Noticeably, Jules said his producer 'Kat' is leaving to go elsewhere, so we may see some changes over the weeks to come :)

LOL @ Crystal from Bristol!

And what an amazing half hour mix - I shall definitely be tuning in more regularly now if this is now the norm :thumbsup:

How bizarre to hear Corderoy popping up again, not that I mind, it's a fantastic track one of my faves of the past two years!

and oceanlab too...just cos they are slightly older, doesnt mean they are bad. Mix the old with new... :thumbsup:

to be brutally hoenst, i was never that big a fan of that Oceanlab track.I dont mind the more obvious choices because it is nice to hear them once again and they break the mix up nicely, but i'd love it if he played something like Friends Of Matthew "Out There" (Lange Mix) or something like that...?

to be brutally hoenst, i was never that big a fan of that Oceanlab track.I dont mind the more obvious choices because it is nice to hear them once again and they break the mix up nicely, but i'd love it if he played something like Friends Of Matthew "Out There" (Lange Mix) or something like that...?

A few on us on here have been on the case already for some time - we will continue to feed Jules the older tracks! ;)

A few on us on here have been on the case already for some time - we will continue to feed Jules the older tracks! ;)

the odd oldie on the show is nice...especially as he no longer does the gone but not forgotten feature. But i want him to continue to play the upfront stuff too... ;)

Noticeably, Jules said his producer 'Kat' is leaving to go elsewhere, so we may see some changes over the weeks to come :)

I was thinking that too! She's a proper miserable cow too. Her and Jules had a bit of an argument at Global Gathering last year.

Jules's levels were too high on "Satellite" too. It was distorted quite badly

I'm a big fan of 'Satelite'. It pushes the boundariesand has massive chav appeal but everytime I hear it in a club it always seems right. A&B played it at a Crasher one-off at the Opera House and it went down an absolute treat. I know you always get the idiots singing along to it at the top of their voices but I just block that out and bop accordingly!

I liked "Satelite" but l find it a bit boring now as it was overplayed at the height of its popularity.

I noticed a bit of friction between Kat and Jules at R1 Newquay last August so perhaps a change might be for the better, only time will tell.

I really like Julian Jewell "Air Conditioning". It reminds me of another tune and it has been driving me mad trying to ID this other tune. Any suggestions. Also l was wondering whether "Air Conditioning" has anything to do with Jules. Julian Jewell=JJ ?

I was out last night so have been listening to the show this evening. I really love Stoneface and Terminal "Supernature" which l've heard before. Really pleased Jules is playing it -better late than never.

Yeah, Kat and Jules seem to have issues judging by what you witnessed and what I witnessed at Global last year. She appeared to be rather arrogant too - towards Jules, myself, and Ministry of Sound (who were also there to interview him).

As for Satellite, I just find it cheesy. The vocals are cringeworthy - its in the same league as "As The Rush Comes" - highly irritating, but hyped up.

Ooo err, more info on the arguements with his producer! :-O

I have no time for arrogant people though and I'm sure it will be a change for the better. I'll take the job of being Jules's producer ! :) :)

This show looks pretty good to be honest, I'm impressed by the last half hour mix! Stoneface & Terminal and Nu NRG :-O

Also l was wondering whether "Air Conditioning" has anything to do with Jules. Julian Jewell=JJ ?

Good thinking, but the tune was played a while ago on Marcus Schulz's show (15/2/07) and I suspect if it was a new tune of Jules', then he wouldn't have released it to other DJs :confused: Its a nightmare searching for it on Google, because you just get pages relating to air conditioning units!

I "googled" "Julian Jewell" today and all l got was links to other DJ's tracklistings who have played "Air Conditioning" but there is no info on Julian.

On reflection l agree that Jules wouldn't give this tune to other Djs to play so that means Julian Jewell isn't Jules. :rolleyes: It was last year when l heard this tune or a tune very similar to "Air Conditioning" As l listen to quite a few internet Radio stations it is difficult to track down the tune in question. It really bugs me.

• 2 weeks later...
Taken long enough! It was released on Accord, I got it through Corderoy's website, nearly two years ago, back in my URN radio show days! great track. I can bring my missy elliot bootleg of it back hahah....

just saw this again...

Yeh, its gettin a proper release on mondo - i got all the mixes from the promo pool the other day - some good ones at that!!

Also - new mix of Darren Tate's - 'Prayer For A God' well good!

Archived