Angelic - Stay With Me

Aza

Was just checking out Darren Tate's site (great site hactually) & stumbled across this. Interesting and exciting stuff!

The third hit single from the Angelic stable will have a 2007 make-over featuring a new sung performance by Amanda. A remix package and release will follow shortly.

Nice - I was a fan of this track, in fact, fan of all Angelic productions!

"I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoe" :lol:

The mix of "Its my turn" isn't the Ariel one. I think Seb Mundane played that in his show straight after Jules' at this event.

Didnt this recent remix feature on Above & Beyonds Ibiza essential mix from 2005?

Stay With Me was excellent, I remember sir Jules playing the full 12" version in Ibiza in 2001. Those 3 Angelic tracks that spanned the millenium era were brilliant and I look forward to these new DT8 remixes.

Still the Ariel rmx for me.

Ariel did some pretty good remixes/productions back then:

Angelic - Its my Turn (Ariel Rmx)

DJ Sandy Vs Housetrap - Overdrive (Ariel Rmx)

Ariel - A9

Does anyone know who was behind this guise? All the above tracks are awesome. :thumbsup:

Ariel Belloso

Profile:

The new boy of Argentinean Dance music, Ariel, has been a professional DJ since the age of 15. His sound is informed by his knowledge and understanding of World and African rhythms cultivated into his sets. His is a percussive, Latin based groove heavily influenced by the dynamics of Rumba and Cuban roots. Ariel travels the world intensively while maintaining London residencies at Fabric, The End and Turnmills. Ariel’s 8 sets Freedom@Bagley’s studios in King Cross between 1996-2001 years became legendary. His record “A9” was the first UK top 40 hit by an Argentinian artist. In 2002 he was the first House DJ to be broadcast on Cuban Radio. In 2005 Ariel played an exclusive set at the Argentine Embassy in London’s Belgravia. Whatever the context, any Ariel gig carries a sense of anticipation and occasion that signals an artist who invariably performs Latin Music at the very highest level.

Ariel Belloso

Profile:

The new boy of Argentinean Dance music, Ariel, has been a professional DJ since the age of 15. His sound is informed by his knowledge and understanding of World and African rhythms cultivated into his sets. His is a percussive, Latin based groove heavily influenced by the dynamics of Rumba and Cuban roots. Ariel travels the world intensively while maintaining London residencies at Fabric, The End and Turnmills. Ariel’s 8 sets Freedom@Bagley’s studios in King Cross between 1996-2001 years became legendary. His record “A9” was the first UK top 40 hit by an Argentinian artist. In 2002 he was the first House DJ to be broadcast on Cuban Radio. In 2005 Ariel played an exclusive set at the Argentine Embassy in London’s Belgravia. Whatever the context, any Ariel gig carries a sense of anticipation and occasion that signals an artist who invariably performs Latin Music at the very highest level.

Raymccooney_personajes.jpg

Ye know too much! Yyyyeeeeee-eeeessssss!

I'd love to get my hands on a dub of It's My Turn... the track is actually brilliant without vocals (as well as with vocals).

It appears on Jules' 2-hour studio mix at the end of 1999 - you can download it in the Jules Audio forum.

• 2 months later...

Tim: i sneaked around the net and came up with something on a dub/instrumental version of It's My Turn...

"RS: You did one of my all-time favorite songs and I've always had a question about it, Angelic's "It's My Turn." I know it's related to a Sunscreem record, now I'm wondering what the basis of that track was.

Judge Jules: There was an instrumental that they did that Darren Tate sort of worked on. I wrote the song, the lyrics, the vocal melody, and got my wife to sing it. So the plan was to get my wife to sing on a record and I kind of chose a track which I didn't at the time know was Sunscreem, but that's sort of the way it worked out."

Source: http://dancemusic.about.com/od/djs/a/JudgeJulesInt.htm

http://www.discogs.com/release/554243

I think thats the closest you get... and no, it aint on eBay :|

I'd be very much interested in a copy aswell, so if anyone have it, say the word please!

OMG! You gotta play that on shoutcast some day.. dying to hear it! :D

I have myself tried to find any release info on the Instrumental version of Angelic's Stay With Me, which Jules played at least at one ocation... Homelands 2001. Nothing found so far, so i guess its one of those acetates thats as rare as the sun at night... along with Jules's mashup of Mauro vs Shirley and Da Hool vs Human League... both played at the R1 Essential Relief in 2001...

Archived