Filo & Perry - Anthem (Cosmic Gate Rmx)

Anyone else hot on this at the moment? Heard PVD play it at the Gods BIC event but didn't have a clue what it was. He was doing his usual 'camp' singalong type thing :rolleyes: .

Thankfully Jules had it as his 'Bangin Tried & Tested' tonight so I got the little bugger!

Cosmic Gate doing the business yet again!!

It's quite a cheesy tune really, not sure whether it'll be an official Cosmic Gate Remix or just the Nic Chagall Remix as I think Nic has done this one alone.

It's the best remix of the track but i'm not entirely convinced

Yeah "Cheesy" is a bit strong. Commercial appeal might be a better description.

Tunes can be good even though they hit the mainstream, whereas cheese sounds awful and is produced solely to make money - ie, DJ Sammy & Scooter.

Oh god we're not going to start the Cheesy debate again :unsure: Haven't heard the original but I guess it could sound pretty crap. I admit its pushing the boundaries of decency but it does it very well.

I'm standing by my statement. The Cosmic Gate rmx is a banger! Love it or hate it, your gonna hear it loads if your out and about!

I don't have a problem with the Chagall Remix, it's ok but those vocals I feel are cheesy as hell, each to their own & I can see it doing very well, the original has bene playlisted by everyone & their nan's best mate's terrapin so it's obviously got some appeal to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSgRK88xnhk...ted&search=

Love it or hate it eh? Sounds wicked on the big systems as it did at the BIC event.

I think virtually every track (bar a very select few) will evoke reactions of love or hate from people, if we all loved the same stuff then it'd be no fun having a message board for people to bitch about these things & to abuse Quadrant :mrgreen:

i dont care if a tune is cheesy or not. if i like it, and it works, i'll play it. simple as. I like this and WILL play it.

That's the attitude people should take & by no means would I knock anyone for playing the track, it's had massive success so I imagine it'd go down a storm in your sets, just not for me

I'm battering the Nic Chagall rmx and I'm proud of it!!

That sounded like I was coming out as the only gay on the board or something :blush: !

Gotta say i prefer the Nic Chagall mix over the others, JOC used to produce some quality trancers but just recently anything he produces or remixes is bosh bosh bosh - very unimaginative i reckon... :ph34r:

very unimaginative i reckon... :ph34r:

I think i'd have to disagree with that mate. Many producers stick to the same sound over and over again - whereas John does change his sound. The likes of "Exactly" and "Anthem" are completely different from his Techno-edged Pendulum, and his bouncer sound of Cruise Control.

He's a very versatile DJ and Producer, unlike the likes of Giuseppe Ottaviani and Sander van Doorn who kepe giving us the same old sound over and over again.

I think i'd have to disagree with that mate. Many producers stick to the same sound over and over again - whereas John does change his sound. The likes of "Exactly" and "Anthem" are completely different from his Techno-edged Pendulum, and his bouncer sound of Cruise Control.

He's a very versatile DJ and Producer, unlike the likes of Giuseppe Ottaviani and Sander van Doorn who kepe giving us the same old sound over and over again.

I`ll take that comment back - forgot about cruise control, Jules played that on both occassions i saw him in ibiza and it was one of my favs of summer `06 :thumbsup: "Like a ray" is one of the best IMO

Archived