PayPal email scam - be careful

Neuro

If anyone has a PayPal account here, just be wary of fake emails arriving in your inbox that appear to be from PayPal but are actually from someone trying to steal your details...

It refers to a PayPal 'incident' whereby to prevent fraud you need to 'verify your details with PayPal', - you are asked to click on a link which takes you to what appears to be a PayPal page (but it isnt), where you are asked to enter all your details, including credit card number, pin number, like the whole works - I know it sounds obvious to you now but it arrived in my website inbox yesterday and it's extremely well presented and convincing and could easily trick less computer-literate people (like my parents, for example) :(

I just wanted to pass on the fact you should obviously NOT fill or submit any of this info in. :wink:

Well originally I was told that if I didn't fill in the info, my PayPal account "would be suspended", so it pressurizes you into giving details...

Yesterday I got another one, "confirming" my PayPal account had been terminated.

To confirm this was bollocks, I logged onto the real PayPal site with no problems. :D

Archived