Jules r1 EM 20/05/07 Preston

JasonB

No TL on the site yet so heres my very skeletal tracklist:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers-By The Way/Waiting For (Remix)

ID

ID

Rob Mooney - Feelin' Electro (Freesoup's Feel My Bitch Up Edit) [white label]

ID

ID

Filo And Peri Feat Eric Lumiere-Anthem

ID

Muse-Cydeonia (John '00' Fleming & Wizzy Noise Remix)

ID

Vincent De Moor-Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix)

ID

Rob Mooney - Feelin' Electro (Freesoup's Feel My Bitch Up Edit) [white label]

Im pretty sure that was the E-Craig vs Prodigy thingy that he was playin a few months ago?? Also did anyone notice jules slurred speach towards the end :) say he was well on it!!!

Im pretty sure that was the E-Craig vs Prodigy thingy that he was playin a few months ago?? Also did anyone notice jules slurred speach towards the end :) say he was well on it!!!

Its deffo that tune Jason listed - Freesoup who made it is a user of the Matt Hardwick Forum. 100 times better than that s*** one juels played a couple months ago!

Its deffo that tune Jason listed - Freesoup who made it is a user of the Matt Hardwick Forum. 100 times better than that s*** one juels played a couple months ago!

Really? sounded identical to the old mashup ken was talking about. Its poor in my opinion in any case, sorry lads not a fan. Other than that the set sounded quite good. I agree though Jules sounded well pissed with his last comment.

Well I'm 100% sure it was the E-Craig vs Prodigy bootleg that Kenneth mentioned. Although Jules played Freesoup's bootleg on his show last week, on the EM last night it was for certain:

E-Craig vs The Prodigy - Home Smacker (K-System Bootleg) [White Label]

Edited by Stuart F

Here's My attempt:

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way/Waiting For (Remix)

2. Randy Katana - Session Impossible

3. Tom Day - Whisper [Kitschy Records]

4. E-Craig vs Prodigy - Home Smacker (K-system Bootleg) [White Label]

5. Minimalistix - Whistling Drive (Filterheadz Remix) [Mostiko]

6. Filo And Peri Feat Eric Lumiere - Anthem (Nic Chagall Remix) [Vandit]

7. Lost Witness Feat. Vicky Fee - Dreams

8. Muse - Cydonia (John '00' Fleming & Wizzy Noise Remix) [White Label]

9. Lost Witness vs Sassot - Sin Mas

10. Vincent De Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix) [White Label]

11. ID

12. Judge Jules vs Bk - Sickness

Not heard this new mix of red hot chilli's before, its a harder mix than the Peter Gelderblom one, anyone know anything?

Cheers Stuart for clearing up track 4!

Have added the other corrections from later in the thread now. Cheers guys

Edited by Tremor

2. ID

11. ID

2. ID

11. ID

number 2 is randy katana - session impossible

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way/Waiting For (Unknown Remix) [White Label]

2. Randy katana - Session Impossible [White Label]

7. Lost Witness Feat. Vicky Fee - Dreams [White Label]

9. Lost Witness vs Sassot - Sin Mas [White Label]

11. ID

12. Judge Jules vs Bk - Sickness [White Label]

I've just listened to this, and this confirms what i've always though - Jules's bad sets come down to too much alcohol!

If I was Jules, i'd hang my head in shame with this performance. To be as drunk as that, whilst earning a substantial amount of cash PLUS being a LIVE RADIO DJ is appalling.

Jules has had some stick over the years, and i've aways tried to defend him because I know just what Jules has been capable over the years. His mixes section of his shows on Radio one of late have been top notch - and then he goes into the clubs and comes out with this.

The set construction was random, the mixing was poor, and Jules's speech on the mic was embarrassing for a world-famous, highly regarded DJ. I wouldn't get myself into that state, so someone in Jules's position shouldn't either.

I'm a big Jules fan, and always will be - but when I hear sets like this, its embarrassing to try to defend him to people that criticise him.

I remember Jules once stating in his online diary that someone had emailed him saying that they felt that alcohol affected his sets - to which Jules said that he didn't think it did, and welcomed other peoples views - well, I think Jules should play this set back to himself, and then tell us that drink doesn't affect his mixing - the evidence is here. It doesn't need emails to highlight the problem.

I don't mind anyone having a drink and enjoying themselves - but there's a fine line between having a social drink and enjoying yourself, and over-stepping the mark and letting down punters that have paid their hard earned cash to see him. Jules is a very lucky man to be able to have a job like his where he is able to drink, enjoy himself and get paid to enjoy his hobby - but if he slides down the rankings and out of the top 100 due to drunken performances, then i'm afraid he deserves it. This is Jules's job though - and he's being paid to entertain people - so that should take priority over his drink intake. If anyone else were to turn up to their job drunk, then they'd be sacked. Could you imagine other entertainers such as Lee Evans or The Corrs coming on drunk and giving out bad performances - they'd be hung by the media for it. This is no different - Jules is in the entertainment business.

If I was in charge at Radio 1, i'd be having words about that. No presenter should be slurring their speech like that - its not professional at all.

I've said for years that the best sets i've heard Jules do from a construction and mixing point of view, are the earlier in the night sets - and that's because the alcohol hasn't had time to kick in.

For the last two years, Jules's mixing has been supurb in December and January - and thats the point in the year where he stops drinking.

If Jules values his career, both in the club and on the radio, surely taking a bit more care with the alcohol intake is needed.

Normally, i'd burn sets like this to CD to listen to at a later date - but this one is going in the recycle bin on my PC.

Edited by Briggsy

i actually liked this one. These are valid points made by briggsy, but i'd rather see a dj enjoying himself getting in the same mood as the crowd rather than a po faced heads down type dj.

i actually found it quite funny him slurring his speech, but on the flip it sends out a bad message to the punters getting sloshed like that.

I mean, i didnt think Kutski's performance was any better. This guy is stupidly technical but his mixing wasnt the tightest either. In fact take away his scrathcing ability and he is just another hardstyle dj.

After listening to all the sets i actually think it was pete tong who did the best one.

but i'd rather see a dj enjoying himself getting in the same mood as the crowd rather than a po faced heads down type dj.

Definately mate - i'm not saying he shouldn't drink - what i'm saying is, there's a difference betweem having a drink and being "merry" and being far too drunk to even talk, let alone mix!

There are plenty of entertaining DJ's that can entertain and get the crowd going without being too drunk - Eddie Halliwell is a prime example. He was good at Godskitchen a couple of months ago, entertaining, got the crowd going - and he was drinking bottled water.

You'd never see Armin turn up drunk like that. Armin takes his job very seriously, and always gives 100%.

I hate to say it, but these days, Jules is just another DJ - there are people equally as good, if not better, playing to themselves in their bedrooms. Its his Radio 1 appearances that keeps him going and helps to keep him a household name. I'm fairly certain that if Jules lost his radio one job, he'd drop straight out of the top 100 - just like Fergie and Danny Rampling did.

Doing drunken broadcasts like that won't make him a popular person to listen to on the radio. Annoyed listeners = loss of figures. Loss of figures = loss of a job.

Tracks played random order, agreed no proper set buoild, poor mixing? sounded fine to me I've heard muc much worse!

Tong uses Ableton so no trainwrecks from him anymore, over the years on some live EM@s hes played som of the worsed beatmatched/mixed sest I've ever heard one prim example is live from Mos in 95, I think there was one good transition druing his entire hour on air, all tothers were trainwrecks! but I'm going off topic...

There was one mix that was slightly out, but was quickly clawed back. Although Jules did sound a bit p*ssed, I didn't think it was too bad. Considering how rough Vernon Kay sounded on his Sunday morning show (allegedly after shouting too much), then it seems at the Big Weekend, its kind of a party for the R1 staff too.

The TV coverage of the bands wasn't the best. Some of the Scissor Sisters songs sounded badly engineered.

I was amazed at how big the event actually was, considering its the licence payer that stumps the bill.

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Waiting For (Genix Edit) [White Label]

2. Randy katana - Session Impossible [White Label]

7. Lost Witness Feat. Vicky Fee - Dreams [White Label]

9. Lost Witness vs Sassot - Sin Mas [White Label]

11. Viator - Rangiroa (Fraction Zero)

12. Judge Jules vs Bk - Sickness [White Label]

Edited by Ducky

need to agree is the first time i lisen to his voice on a live mix and i heard him drunked was verry confuset about because i never seen him live in my life because im from germany but i wil be in ibiza this jear and wil have a look hees still my no1 dj and will be in the future never mind what happend but its not good to be drunkd ass a top 100 dj .. you can drink one ore to but if you wan to mix for a big crowd and you want to entertain .. plese dont youse mutch ..thanks..jules.:-S.....burien...