Jules r1 EM 20/05/07 Preston

JasonB

need to agree is the first time i lisen to his voice on a live mix and i heard him drunked was verry confuset about because i never seen him live in my life because im from germany but i wil be in ibiza this jear and wil have a look hees still my no1 dj and will be in the future never mind what happend but its not good to be drunkd ass a top 100 dj .. you can drink one ore to but if you wan to mix for a big crowd and you want to entertain .. plese dont youse mutch ..thanks..jules.:-S.....burien...

Exactly Burien - moderation is the key :D

Its not just the mixing that my gripe is about - its the whole flow of the set, etc.

We all know the Jules is capable of much much better than that. If he hadn't have been so drunk, then the set may have been a lot better.

Jules is lucky enough to earn a substantial amount of money for playing huge gigs like this - so I think any DJ in that position needs to realise that its the crowd that pay their fee's, so they owe them a good whole-hearted performance.

Do you remember the Essential mix Jules did 7/5/00, near the end of his set he came on the microphone with Sonique and was mega pissed! totally slurred his words and f***ed up the mix of Southside Spinners into Terpischord. Probably the Most pissed i have heard him and also the worst mixing i have heard him do.

we've all done it though. i remember entering a dj competition before x-mas. Everyone one was out, students were back and it was busy. i made it to the final cut of 6. i was on last (as i was all three times so i was invariably, mullered!) and bought all me mates with me. I ended having one too many and well i came third! But i like to think thats because i was sticking to the sound i loved and everyone else "changed" their style to suit what the promoter wanted (Hed Kandi style house).

if its pissed up essential mixes you want, anyone remember the Oakenfold mix from Ibiza last year? every mix was a disaster. If anyone has this i'd love to have a copy!

he came on the microphone with Sonique and was mega pissed! totally slurred his words

I'll let him off with that one. If it keeps Sonique off the mic, then thats cna only be a good thing. Her warbling is enough to drive anyone insane. :blink:

we've all done it though. i remember entering a dj competition before x-mas. Everyone one was out, students were back and it was busy. i made it to the final cut of 6. i was on last (as i was all three times so i was invariably, mullered!) and bought all me mates with me. I ended having one too many and well i came third!

The difference is though, that wasn't your job. Jules was live on Radio 1 with millions of listeners, and in front of paying punters in a club. Its not very professional and doesn't show a great deal of respect for your audience.

anyone remember the Oakenfold mix from Ibiza last year? every mix was a disaster. If anyone has this i'd love to have a copy!

Oakenfold is another disgrace to the industry. He has the second highest fee out of all the Trance DJ's, yet he puts no effort into his sets at all. Random set flow, no attempt at mixing, and no care for his audience - DJ'ing is just one of his many jobs. He's got no interest in pleasing his audience - he just wants the money. His antics with Cream two months ago proved that - and fair play to Cream for having the balls to say "actually mate, you're not worth that, so we'll ditch you completely" - so they did - they cancelled his booking and replaced him with Calvin Harris.

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Waiting For (Genix Edit) [White Label]

2. Randy katana - Session Impossible [Jinx]

3. Tom Day - Whisper [Kitschy Records]

4. E-Craig vs Prodigy - Home Smacker (K-system Bootleg) [White Label]

5. Minimalistix - Whistling Drive (Filterheadz Remix) [Mostiko]

6. Filo And Peri Feat Eric Lumiere - Anthem (Nic Chagall Remix) [Vandit]

7. Lost Witness Feat. Vicky Fee - Dreams [White Label]

8. Muse - Cydonia (John '00' Fleming & Wizzy Noise Remix) [White Label]

9. Lost Witness vs Sassot - Sin Mas [White Label]

10. Vincent De Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix) [Cloud 9]

11. Viator - Rangiroa (Fraction Zero)

12. Judge Jules vs Bk - Sickness [Riot]