http://www.play.com/Music/CD/-/8/33/-/3360...earchtype=genre

looks pretty good!

Track List

Disc 1

My Digital - Enemy Wasted

Jamie Anderson - Time Is Now

Henrik B - Soul Heaven

Robbie Craig & The Audiofreaks - Freak

Sterling Void - It's Alright (Digital Dog Remix)

Hardrox - Feel The Hard Rock (Heiko & Maiko Mix)

Get Far - Shining Star

Spektrum - Kinda New (Dirty South '07 Remix)

Solid Groove & Sinden - Red Hot

Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control

Wally Lopez, Rene Amesz & Peter Gelderblom - Strike Me Down (Original Version)

Rene Amesz & Peter Gelderblom - Snap

Axwell, Angello, Ingrosso & Laidback Luke - Get Dumb

Robbie Rivera - The Shout (Marco V Reconstruction Mix)

JJ - Master Breaker

Sebastien Leger - Hit Girl

Freaks - The Creeps (You're Giving Me) (Vandalism Mix)

Richard Durand - Ricochet

Sander Van Doorn Feat. MC Pryme - By Any Demand

Disc 2

Minimalistix - Whistling Drive (Filterheadz Rmx)

Tom Day - Whisper

K-System - Samba 69

Randy Katana - Session Impossible

JJ - Laid Bare

Albert Vorne Formentera - What (Gareth Emery Remix)

Yves Deruyter - Feel Free (Elektrokid Vs Yves Deruyter Remix)

Judge Jules - Diversion (Dale Corderoy Remix)

Super8 & Tab - Needs To Feel (Wippenberg Remix)

Lost Witness & Sassot - Sin Mas

Michael Woods' Warrior Feat. Imogen Bailey - If U Want Me (Paul Webster Remix)

Dogzilla - Frozen

Lost Witness Feat. Vicky Fee - Dreams

Judge Jules & BK - Sickness

Vincent de Moor - Flowtation (Signum Signal Remix)

Substate - Release

Doesn't particularly excite me to be honest, there are some good tracks on there & some that really have no place on an Ibiza '07 compilation. I've said to a few people that it's just been released way too early, hardly any of the big summer tracks have been released yet

• 3 weeks later...

This is now out! Completely forgot about this until reading the review and checking the release date on Briggsy's site.

Play.com seems the cheapest place to get this @ £11.99.

Going to order my copy now :)

Its not a bad CD at all actually. When I first saw the order of the tunes, I thought it'd sound really random with no flow - but its not too bad. The only tune that shouldn't be there is Samba 69 - its awful, and sounds like a production that a kid would come up with. I can't believe K-System is happy putting his name to that after some of the good work he's done in the past.

I thought that Tom Day's Whisper might have been better on CD 1 too, with perhaps Richchet coming over to CD 2 instead of it, but other than that, its not bad. There's two blatant "chops" and "cut and pastes" where Jules has screwed up those mixes and re-done them.

Also, CD 2 is a bit slow - its only 130bpm - which is too slow for Jules's style of Trance. I think the whole of CD 2 was mixed slow just so that Yves Deruyter - Feel Free could be accomodated for.

Other than that, I liked it - including CD 1. CD 1 has a really bouncy feel good vibe about it in places, and sounds a bit similar to a Fatboy Slim set in places.

Got a copy in HMV the other day. Not too bad an album. I think Briggsy give a fair review. In my opinion samba 69 and yves deruyter - feel free should not have been included. Samba 69 is just plain tripe and although i like feel free, like Briggsy says it has probably caused the whole set to be slowed down.

Not really got any complaints other than that apart from a few of Jules's dodgy edits, needs to feel for example is done really badly, but then its the same edit he plays in the clubs so slightly irrelevant when reviewing the CD, although its pretty bad that he's put a poor edit on a proper mix CD, ah well.

Out of interest Briggsy, where did you think the CD has been edited and re-pasted due to bad mixing?

Out of interest Briggsy, where did you think the CD has been edited and re-pasted due to bad mixing?

I can't remember the exact mixes off the top of my head now mate - two obvious touch-ups were on the first CD, which i've not listened to as much as CD two - but one obvious touch-up job that stands out from memory was the mix of Samba 69 into Tom Day - Whisper.

Thats not a criticism of Jules though - everyone does it. I've got a Dave Pearce CD that has a blatant chop - and not only has it been chopped and pasted, but there's a noticable change of speed where the edit has been chopped - i'd say a good 2 bpm!

This is now out! Completely forgot about this until reading the review and checking the release date on Briggsy's site.

Play.com seems the cheapest place to get this @ £11.99.

Going to order my copy now :)

Does £11.99 include p&p, if not how much were you charged.

• 2 weeks later...

Have listened to this and have to agree essentially with Briggsy's review. The mixing is not up to Jule's usual and tbh seems somewhat rushed. The mix out of Dogzilla's Frozen is a bit out as are a few others...

The artwork inside is nuts too, how did Jules wife let him get away with that? There's loads of gals in there and a someone topless! :o

Bougth this though to support Jules and as a fan and collector - not bad overall though :)

This mix CD's are all ultimately mixed or at the very least edited on Pro Tools. Sometimes a DJ will mix the whole mix at his/her leisure then the whole mix will be edited in Pro Tools so it'll fit an 80 min CD. More often than not though, the whole CD will be edited AND mixed in Pro Tools, with the DJ giving mix directions and edit instructions. Sadly some mix compilations aren't compiled with the greatest of care so they might seem a bit sloppy. This comp looks like its got a good TL so I hope it does well!

More often than not though, the whole CD will be edited AND mixed in Pro Tools, with the DJ giving mix directions and edit instructions.

If this is the case then why bother having the DJ's name on it..?

Judgement Sunday 07 - Mixed by Pro Tools

Archived