Judgement sundays 2007 cd

hence that article from mixmag year back I posted not long ago on about mixed comps!

Wheres these piccays or are you teasing me so I buy it and it s agreat big hairy chested fat guy instead?

I have never in my life met a fat pro tools engineer with copious amounts of body hair in the chest department!

If this is the case then why bother having the DJ's name on it..?

Judgement Sunday 07 - Mixed by Pro Tools

Becase it sells units - thats why. It also indicates to buyers and fans what to expect musically.

Hmmm fair point, however I would not put my name to it then & surely that is just conning fans...

Not especially - a compilation is a collection of tracks and the word collection can also mean 'mixed'. In the case of compilations that haven't been branded as 'mixed by...', the mixing isn't as comparable to the mixing heard at a club. The idea is just to blend the tracks together in a 'club mix' style.

You can tell that in this case jules has mixed the CD himself and not with Pro tools. There would be no need for him to edit as all his tunes are already edited to his specification. Therefore even though there are tracks on it that have been edited and some might assume this had been done afterwards to make it fit, actually the tunes are already edited in Jules's case and they are the same edits you hear him play out.

It is good that there are still complilations coming out that are just a mix done by a DJ, respect to Jules for that, at least its a good reflection of what he plays and the odd mishap in the mix gives it a bit of character. I dont like mix CDs that are too polished and absolutely perfect, they dont have any club like feel to them which is all good when they dont claim to do that, but when a club DJ puts their name to a comlilation i think it should be mixed by them in the same way they would in the club.

You can tell that in this case jules has mixed the CD himself and not with Pro tools. There would be no need for him to edit as all his tunes are already edited to his specification. Therefore even though there are tracks on it that have been edited and some might assume this had been done afterwards to make it fit, actually the tunes are already edited in Jules's case and they are the same edits you hear him play out.

It is good that there are still complilations coming out that are just a mix done by a DJ, respect to Jules for that, at least its a good reflection of what he plays and the odd mishap in the mix gives it a bit of character. I dont like mix CDs that are too polished and absolutely perfect, they dont have any club like feel to them which is all good when they dont claim to do that, but when a club DJ puts their name to a comlilation i think it should be mixed by them in the same way they would in the club.

Here Here :thumbsup:

My copy arrived today but unfortunately haven't had time to listen to it properly.

While I also agree that if a compilation is marked as 'Mixed by...' it should be an actual live recorded mix I also feel that pro-tools os a worthwhile way to touch things up.

If i buy a compilation because the tracks on it appeal to me & I wanna listen to it over & over I don't really want any dodgy mixing on there to detract from the overall impressions of the CD.

I think that Armin's open use of Albeton for his ASOT CDs & radio show is commendable as it allows him to be very creative with edits & such, while he still maintains that as a club DJ he will never go down that route

Archived