Gatecrasher summer sound system?

Briggsy

Did anyone else go to this complete f*** up of an event?

£5 for a can of Fosters? £4 for a jacket potato? Pork rolls that a good vet could have saved! - What the hell was that all about?

10 bogs, no police, a sound system that was loud one minute, quieter than my bedroom radio the next, then really loud again, and more people flogging drugs than Lloyds pharmacy!

Two DJ's that never turned up, despite Gatecrasher knowing about one of them a good while ago (Christopher Lawrence) - with no attempt to find replacements.

And most of the DJ's were s*** too. It comes to something when Dangerous Dave does one of the best sets of the night. Out of all the sets, only Menno de Jong, Simon Patterson, Dave Pearce and Riley & Durrant were any good. Marco V started crap, but then pulled it together for his last 30 minutes, Jules started well, and then went all random and s*** for the second half of his set, and the volume kept going up and down. We'd have two loud tunes, then two quiet ones!

As for Matt Hardwick - how boring was his set! His tunes have 10 minute breakdowns, with only 30 seconds of bassline and anything else (slight exageration, but you get my drift). He also seemed to be mixing VERY badly - either that, or the speakers at the back of the tent were echoing a double-bassline around the tent. (I was at the back during Matt H's set).

Why is Mauro Picotto still booked for Trance line-ups too? His style doesn't even come close to being Trancey now - he's more like Sven Vath. It barely qualifies as music - its just noise.

What a disaster of a day out. It doesn't even come close to Global Gathering.

Oh dear mate. Sorry you didn't have a good day/night. Those are ridiculous prices to be charging for cans. Toilets are always a problem, hence my comment in another thread about wasting money booking stunt planes and not more toilets.

Whilst I'm on the toilet point, why can't permanaent toilets be built at the regular festival sites, ie T in the Park, Glastonbury, Global, etc. Even if they couldn't get proper sewerage, they could put it into the Tim Westwood tent / sceptic tank.

After spending half an hour on the Gods board yesterday it was a real further insight into how the big name brands are taking the p1ss out of clubbers. And yet we still go back for more... :confused:

Matt H is very hit and miss these days. Just depends what mood he's in I think.

Sound systems cannot be excused - these are professional people that erect these things and surely they sound check them? If not, I'd be quite willing to come along and do it for them.

£5 for a can of Fosters!!!!!!! What a joke!

Sounds like a right F**k up of and event!

I never thought i would ever hear anyone say Dangerous Dave played a good set!!!, glad i missed this!!

As for Matt Hardwick i have never seen him do a good set and have never really rated his mixing when i have ever seen him, not to say that he has never played a good set, just from my experience he hasnt, he always seems to play the type of tunes that are boring and come to nothing.

Edited by Ducky

As for Matt Hardwick i have never seen him do a good set and have never really rated his mixing when i have ever seen him, not to say that he has never played a good set, just from my experience he hasnt, he always seems to play the type of tunes that are boring and come to nothing.

To be honest, I dont usually like to slag Matt off because it may stir up a bit of anger against me but I'm in absolute agreement here. I think he is.... zzzzzzzzzzz...... Oh s*** sorry, I fell asleep...... Boring.

I used to love this guy but the above comments are absolutely spot on. Half hour breaks is what I'd describe him as. Makes me go totally depressed because you dont get to dance for half the time he's playing because its a break.

Shame that Crasher have let their return to festival-ville go so downhill!! There is absolutely no excuse for the big festivals to have bad quality sound. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Edited by Uberduck

I can't get my head around Matt Hardwick really. He seems to do some great online mixes, and guest radio shows - but in a club, he's just mind numbingly boring. All of his tunes are dull, and they're just full of needless breakdowns. Trance is all about breakdowns I know, but the tunes he plays are just continuous breakdowns with nothing to spice them up.

But yes, overall, the whole day was a joke. I know Bjorn was there, so it'll be interesting to see his take on things - but I just thought it was a nightmare day.

The whole event was ran on the cheap, and they raked a lot of money in.

Despite Menno, Dave Pearce & Simon Patterson pulling off some good sets, i'd say this is my worst clubbing/festival experience EVER!

I'm going to send a merchandise suggestion to Gatecrasher now. I'm going to suggest that they sell Gatecrasher branded catheters with bags - that way, they'll make money on them, and people can actually have a piss without having to wait for 20 minutes.

Its comes to semething when you can't even have a piss in peace. The only people that took the piss yesterday were the promotors of this farce.

Thank f*** it was free!!

Hmmm well it appears that the two no-show DJ's in the Gatecrasher tent was actually three - because Scott Bond failed to show aswell. I'd got bored and gone home by the time he was due on.

Thats only the no-shows in the Gatecrasher tent too - thats before I add the other tents, such as Dana not showing for the Goodgreef tent!

i have not heard one good review of this. Glad we didnt bother now.

Why do trance promoters still book Picotto? He plays that noisey/techno s***. He made a few trance tunes 8 years ago, made his money, made his name and turned his back on the sound.

Edited by Moonman

Exactly mate - again, its clubs giving us names they think we want, and not we actually want.

I'd say he's never been a Trance DJ to be honest, but he did have a Tech-Trance style that at least suited a Trance tent.

He just plays weird noisy s*** now though that has no tune to it at all.

Scott Bond's wife went into labour, hence the no show, fair enough really.

I've always rated Matt Hardwick, everytime I've seen him play he's been excellent, the only slight gripe is lately he seems to play a little too much Discover sounding stuff but he's still a class DJ imo

Reading all this makes me sad and I guess we have to all accept the trance days of the millenium are truly gone :(

i wouldnt say that, i would simply say that there are new kids on the block who doing better things - moving with the times etc. Not booking the same DJs they did 8 years ago!

Apparently Adam Sheridan covered for Scott Bond - at least some effort was made there, although you do have to wonder if that was Scott and Adam organising that or GC :unsure:

Hardly worth mentioning, but Pete Doherty was a no-show too, but Preston (of Ordinary Boys / Big Brother 'fame') came to the rescue - I kid you not.

What are the odds of there being another GCSS next year? And being held in the summer, not Spring.

Apparently Adam Sheridan covered for Scott Bond - at least some effort was made there, although you do have to wonder if that was Scott and Adam organising that or GC :unsure:

Hardly worth mentioning, but Pete Doherty was a no-show too, but Preston (of Ordinary Boys / Big Brother 'fame') came to the rescue - I kid you not.

What are the odds of there being another GCSS next year? And being held in the summer, not Spring.

I rate Matt Hardwick alot even though I've seen him just once. Of all the trance DJs i see in Ibiza last year (JJ, Hardwick, Eddie, PVD, Ferry, Sheridan, DP and thrillseekers) I thought Hardwick was by far the best.

Sheridan was playing the set prior to Bond who was down to close, Sheridan just carried on playing a double length set.

At the end of the day 'Crasher can only blame themselves, they book SSS then book PvD to do a 6hr set back in Sheffield! It's a bit of a joke really.

I am tempted by the second PvD 6hr set in September

Sheridan was playing the set prior to Bond who was down to close, Sheridan just carried on playing a double length set.

Fair play, wasn't aware of that.

I said this all along about booking pvd to play the same night only 40 miles away.

Had they have picked a June/July/August weekend, they might have got better weather and a bit of sunshine always helps the mood a lot. May weekends are always a bit risky. Remember One Weekend being cancelled a few years ago due to the washout?

I remember that OBW being cancelled, that was when they did a full Saturday for DJs only wasn't it? I remember a downcast Jules sittin backstage bored out of his mind tryin to present a few guest mixes, was a decent show actually

It's a sign of how much R1 has shifted focus now that DJs have very little exposure at these festivals, I remember the one in Birmingham about 2 yrs ago which Tiesto headlined & there was a massive full day long lineup of DJs, now there are a handful thrown together between pop bands

I remember that OBW being cancelled, that was when they did a full Saturday for DJs only wasn't it? I remember a downcast Jules sittin backstage bored out of his mind tryin to present a few guest mixes, was a decent show actually

It's a sign of how much R1 has shifted focus now that DJs have very little exposure at these festivals, I remember the one in Birmingham about 2 yrs ago which Tiesto headlined & there was a massive full day long lineup of DJs, now there are a handful thrown together between pop bands

Yeah that wknd was pretty good. Have got the Tiesto set on tape. Played tracks such as 'Love Comes Again'. If you look back over our times as fanatics of all things Radio1 and dance orientated then you can see it's going tits up.

Dance Parties and awesome DJ shows from clubs

to......

OBW where dance music is the bottom agenda and Jules only gets a 30min mix for his show :( .

I travelled all the way down from Scotland for this event thinking it was going to be 24*c from the site weather forecast. When i arrived it was even colder and wetter than its even been north of the border all year! :confused: Apart from that i was only dissapointed in the music levels in the radio 1 tent, the rest of the night was brilliant. Bring on Global gathering now!!! :mrgreen:

Sorry for the late reply...

Yeh i have to agree....it was w***. Im very glad i didn't pay £40 to go either, thankgod for Mr.Patterson!

The weather was appalling...it didn't dampen our spirits tho even tho i had wanted to go PVD all along...

I spent all night not pissed whatsoever - i refused to pay £5 a drink, f*** that. The night started pretty well, Menno was really good then went & met Mr.Patterson just as he arrived in the nick of time..lol! Live act was good & His DJ set was good (apart from the cdj's f***ing up twice!) Went to see Si afetr his set so missed dave, then watched Hardwick & Jules who were pretty good but the sound was terrible - double echo that was Briggs. My mate is a good friend of Drumsound (who was playing i nthe dnb tent) and told him that environmental health were there and forced them to turn the vols down....gutted!!

Watched some of Marco V but he was boring so f***ed the trance off, went to find the Mrs in Hedkandi/Dirty Disco where we stayed most of the night as i couldn't be arsed with the main tent..

We stayed till the end, but overall it was well dead in terms of numbers & just seemed liek a half-arsed effort compared to gods.

Perfect example - out of me & my 12 mates who arrived together - me, my missus & another friend were the last to get in, bout 15 mins after everyone else, because we had to queue as VIP's!!!!!!! Surely VIP should nmean quicker entry time etc etc...poor effort Crasher, very dissapointed..

Glad to see the environmental health have got their priorities right. They'll happily turn the sound down to prevent us going deaf in 20 years time, but nobody can sort the drugs out which can kill :rolleyes:

What a f*** up. I hope all the tents caught fire at the end of the night, and all of those fivers in the till went up in flames. That'd teach the greedy bastards.