London 2012 Olympic Logo

Wakey

I hate Morrisons anyway. Its supposed to be one of the 'Big Four' but god knows how. All the people in the ones I've ever been in (inc. customers and staff (excl. Briggsy's sister)), are total nutcase scruffbags. The food is w*** too. I bought a tiger-stick from there earlier today as its on my way home. It looks like its been cooked with a f***ing blow torch then dribbled over by a dog. Tastes like s***.

I have to disagree with you there. I worked in a Morrisons for 2 years and everyone I knew there and am still in contact with are nice people. I shop there too when I can and it's great value for money and the food is good too.

I hate Morrisons anyway. Its supposed to be one of the 'Big Four' but god knows how. All the people in the ones I've ever been in (inc. customers and staff (excl. Briggsy's sister)), are total nutcase scruffbags. The food is w*** too. I bought a tiger-stick from there earlier today as its on my way home. It looks like its been cooked with a f***ing blow torch then dribbled over by a dog. Tastes like s***.

:lol::lol::lol: Totally agree with you there Uberduck! Morrisons is the supermarket of choice for circus folk

Morrison's is for Northerners who have no class and who want cheap, poor-quality food with unneccesary discounts. (Quadrant awaits onslaught but has his armour at the ready)

Morrison's is for Northerners who have no class and who want cheap, poor-quality food with unneccesary discounts. (Quadrant awaits onslaught but has his armour at the ready)

In the same way that Sainsbury's is for uppity southerners who maintain dillusions of granduer?

In the same way that Sainsbury's is for uppity southerners who maintain dillusions of granduer?

Your right there. Sainsbury's is generally frequented by wealthier people (as is Waitrose). Us working class folk have to stick with good old Tesco & Asda.

I rate supermarkets by the quality of the ladies working there. This makes shopping both practical and yet enjoyable! I do my shopping at Asda though which is ranked low as the one I go has mostly blokes working there :( .

1) Waitrose

2) Sainsbury's

3) Tesco

4) Asda

5) Morrisons

Unclassified: Aldi, Lidl et al.

Yes I did mean Tiger Bread and yes, it is a taste sensation. It's lovely stuff.

I can't understand why wealthier people shop at Waitrose and Sainsburys, with the poorer people shopping at Tesco and Morrisons.

At the end of the day, they all sell the same thing - Jaffa Cakes, Kelloggs Corn Flakes and Pasteurised Milk. If people are stupid enough to go to a more expensive shop and pay £10 more for a weekly stock-up of food that they could have got at Tesco's for £10 less, just to satisfy their ego, then they're stupid. These are probably the same pratts that complain about their TV licence going up by £5 per year. :rolleyes:

On a side note, out of the "big four" in Coventry, Asda are my favourite. They're more organised, they treat their staff with respect, and their prices are reasonable for good quality food. Tesco's are second because they have a good range, some of their food is decent, and I know they're hygienic "behind the scenes" as one of my mates worked there. They also treat their staff well.

Sainsburys I don't like because its the pricier of the bunch, and their shops always have a cramped layout. You haven't got room to move in there - and that seems to be the case at a lot of their stores.

As for Morrisons, well, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. They treat their staff like s***, and I know the horror stories that go on behind the scenes. They're forever selling things like fresh pizzas and fish that is out of date, and they get away with it because their "fresh" produce obviously has no date on it that customers can see.

I say that those are my favourite in Coventry because, these stores are going to change in each area. No matter how good a stores reputation is, if you put it in a crap area with dossing residents, then its going to have staff that are thick, with no hygience or enthusiasm. Put it in a better area, then it'll have staff that are enthusiastic, hygienic, and won't mind doing some work for their money. Asda's may be the best in Coventry, but it could be the worst in Bradford.

I love what I read in the morning basically all the top oym[ic ocmmity guys or whatever like the logo so wont be chnaging it regardless of public opion, another reason why this country is well fed up!

The governmnetdont care what the public think either! what hope is there left.

It's like the Iraq war; the government makes a decision, and yes, of course we're all "free" to protest" in the streets about it, but that doesn't mean it will make any difference whatsoever!

Hang on, isn't that back-door dictatorship?

Archived