Judge Jules Latest Productions

djtonyg

Does anyone know if Jules latest stuff such as Laid Bare(by the way loving the Ibiza Trumpet mix) will take an eternity to be released like his last album, or do you think he may release his newer material a lot quicker.

I'm sure keep me running was knocking around for a good couple of years before anyone could get their hands on it - bit ridiculous really.........

Id say he's still testing out the trumpet mix as he only did about 2weeks ago but it seems to be getting a big reaction. He'll probably get some remixes done up before its released so your probably lookin at the enda the summer but I dunno Im jus guessing, try emailing him!!

"Laid Bare" is one of my favourite tunes atm. I like the Ibiza Trumpet Mix but imo l think the trumpet is played too loud (in part of it) so much so that you can't hear the melody which spoils it for me.

Also really enjoying the new mix of "Master Breaker" which is so much better than the original mix which l thought was kinda bland.

Laid Bare is one of the best productions Jules has done in a long time - it works really well - especially the Ibiza trumpet mix.

Production wise, i've always felt that Jules has been a bit inconsistent - some of his tunes sound very well produced with a nice professional sound (Laid Bare, Alma Fe, WHats In Your Head for example), and some have sounded quite basic and slightly amateur (Keep Me Running and Requiem For Rascals for example) - i'm not saying they're bad tunes - I loved Keep Me Running and Requiem For Rascals - but they do sound very basic.

My one gripe though is that they're not being released quick enough. Despite hearing it two and a half years ago, Keep me Running STILL hasn't been given a full release. I should think the chances of that selling well when it comes out is very slim - people are either bored of it, or tired of waiting for it. The Fabio Stein mix might just save it, but I really think the moment has passed for this tune.

I can't understand why Jules supported it so heavily with no release date planned, yet he hardly supported Without Love in his sets, but that was released in May. It seems bizarre.

Laid Bare is one of the best productions Jules has done in a long time - it works really well - especially the Ibiza trumpet mix.

Production wise, i've always felt that Jules has been a bit inconsistent - some of his tunes sound very well produced with a nice professional sound (Laid Bare, Alma Fe, WHats In Your Head for example), and some have sounded quite basic and slightly amateur (Keep Me Running and Requiem For Rascals for example) - i'm not saying they're bad tunes - I loved Keep Me Running and Requiem For Rascals - but they do sound very basic.

My one gripe though is that they're not being released quick enough. Despite hearing it two and a half years ago, Keep me Running STILL hasn't been given a full release. I should think the chances of that selling well when it comes out is very slim - people are either bored of it, or tired of waiting for it. The Fabio Stein mix might just save it, but I really think the moment has passed for this tune.

I can't understand why Jules supported it so heavily with no release date planned, yet he hardly supported Without Love in his sets, but that was released in May. It seems bizarre.

Liking laid bare a lot too, I did prefer it without the trumpet but now the trumpet part is kinda growin on me.. love the circus noises that run through it too!! :mrgreen: havent heard master breaker yet!!

Laid Bare is the best tune Jules has done of recent and for me ranks right at the top of anything he's done, each element works so well in the track and doesn't get boring. I kinda prefer the original rather than the trumpet mix but it could grow on me. I hope that if it does come out within a reasonable time that both versions are made available. I have to say though I'm not gettin my hopes up for a release any time soon based on the past 7 years experience, going right back to the Hi-gate days it has always been a good year or more for his tracks to come out (Caned & Unable, Work it Out, D-Tune (Earplugs) etc etc).

As for the other recent productions, The Skip has yet to do much for me, it seems a bit basic, kinda like briggsy was saying with Jules being a bit inconsistent. I can never remember which tune master breaker is though I have heard it I'm sure. I quite like the latest collab with BK - Sickness, but none of them come close to Laid Bare.

I don't like any of the collaborations Jules has done with BK - they just seem really random. They're not Trance, they're not Techno, they're not Hard House - its just a bit of everything. I think thats the problem when a Trance DJ gets to work with a Hard Dance DJ - they're going to clash.

But going back to release dates, the best thing Jules could have done was release an album sampler on MP3 format - because then everyone would have been able to buy his tracks without being held back by daft release dates. He could have also filtered out the remixes over time to give everyone some new versions to play - plus it would have refreshed everyone's memories of the original versions. People pay "per track" for MP3's, so there wouldn't have been any lost revenue - whereas if he'd done a similar thiong on Vinyl, then he would have lost money because he'd be giving out three or four tracks per £5 record rather than one track with a couple of remixes.

I fear that by bringing out each track one by one, with long gaps between them, people are going to get bored of waiting.

The man himself comments :thumbsup:

Nice one Jules. As fustrating as it always is (i always get myself wound up over anjunabeats stuff) there is a hell of a lot to think about when releasing things - such as hype, other tunes on the particular label that have to be released, etc etc.

Im sure Jules is doing his best to get his tunes released as soon as is feasably possible ^_^

Yeah, its not uncommon. The worst labels for releasing tunes are Vandit and Mondo - they take forever to release stuff. Armada can have its moments too.

Th best labels for releasing stuff pronto are Nebula and Maelstrom - they seem to get their arses in gear quickly.

My album Laid Bare did well as a consequence.

Good effort, as always, for taking the time to come on here :) However, your album was called 'Proven Worldwide' B) :thumbsup:

(OK, so its probably people like me that put you off using messageboards! Sorry :) )

I don't like any of the collaborations Jules has done with BK - they just seem really random. They're not Trance, they're not Techno, they're not Hard House - its just a bit of everything. I think thats the problem when a Trance DJ gets to work with a Hard Dance DJ - they're going to clash.

I have to disagree with this. I wasn't too keen on Rumble but every other Jules/BK track has been really good in my opinion.

I loved "I dont Know" and "Sickness" is a good track, look forward to the release of that one soon. "seizure" was wicked as well so I reckon it can work having a trance/ hard dance producer working together. BK has also made some slower productions on his own I believe with stuff like playing with knives so I think he adapts well to Jules's style.

Also the benefit of Jules/ BK collabs is that they do get released within a reasonable time!

I agree with Tremor, i wasnt too keen on Rumble either, but their collabs do seem to get released alot quicker than Jules solo stuff.

Looking at all Jules stuff he has done, overall most of it has been good, not to many i can think off apart from Notre Dame have been poor. Notre Dame was truely awful, it sounded like someone had pressed the demo button on a keyboard!

it is out on cd - its sold out at chemical & i can't seem to find it anywhere! Why not d/l the mp3's from audiojelly & burn to cd!

Thanks for the advice Bjorn, l'll try and get it on CD and if that fails l'll get it on MP3 and burn to CD.

My album Laid Bare did well as a consequence. Jules

:lol: I noticed this mistake too, which confused me at first as l thought he was referring to a new album with the name "Laid Bare".

It was good of him to take time out to post on here which was much appreciated.

"Diversion" is another one of his tunes which is sounding much more interesting since he remixed it.

The man himself comments :thumbsup:

Nice one Jules. As fustrating as it always is (i always get myself wound up over anjunabeats stuff) there is a hell of a lot to think about when releasing things -such as hype, other tunes on the particular label that have to be released, etc etc.

Must be strange to have a website dedicated to talking about you. I guess he gets a bit curious every now & again so logs into the site whilst sat in some god-awful departure lounge somewhere. Very welcome input though! I bet there aren't many DJ's that would do the same :thumbsup: .

"Like Zorro he sweeps in without notice & leaves his wisdom for all to see :ph34r: "

Archived