Judge Jules Latest Productions

djtonyg

yeh Justin I hear you.

I too have thought along those lines, but not sure what it was exactly!

good shout :)

Btw...did Jules just find this out of the blue, or do you think someone emailed him to have his input - Dormouse?

Like i said above i like pretty much everything Jules has done and been involved in, but one of my fav's has to be Caned & Unable. It brings back good memories from the old days when i first heard him play it on the old Friday night shows and when i first heard him play it in a club. It used to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!!! What an awersome track :)

Out of the Hi-Gate stuff, Pitchin' was my favourite, then We Gonna Work It Out, then Caned & Unable. D-Tune was also good - even though it did sound rather basic and not particularly well produced.

A lot of the Hi-Gate stuff though had trademarks of Yomanda tunes - which makes me suspect that Paul Masterson may have done the bulk of the Hi-Gate work (from a sound point of view. They were probably equal on ideas and input).

The Hi-Gate stuff was great, I'd say overall my favourite is Caned & Unable and it really does prove how good it is that we are all still saying we love it after having heard it so many times, it was easily played by Jules more times than keep me running before it was even released and it still sounds great today.

I actually really like D-Tune as probably my second favourite and would put Pitchin a fair way down my list, I prefer both Work it Out and Voices.

What are people's thoughts on the other Jules productions and collabs with masterson under other guises such as Floorgasm - Have a Nice Day (one of my fave's), the clergy - saints & sinners plus the VPL ones, etc ?

What are people's thoughts on the other Jules productions and collabs with masterson under other guises such as Floorgasm - Have a Nice Day (one of my fave's), the clergy - saints & sinners plus the VPL ones, etc ?

I love Saints & Sinners & The Oboe Song under The Clergy guise (although it was all about the Green Martian remix of the Oboe Song, so that can't really be included).

T-Break is my favourite out of the VPL tunes, followed by the one in the orange CLoset sleeve (I've forgotten the title - In The Park ring a bell though?)

I also like Hi-Gate - Tantrum, which was never released :(

I'll get Tim to split this.

Spot on Nath - i still love the old hi-gate stuff - your collection is mint :thumbsup: Cained & Unable is my fav too, prob followed by Voices i think. D-Tune is also wicked, but i find Pitchin average & slightly annoying with that vocal... Still, top top production...and Briggsy - i think that would be a well educated guess, as Jules may have been still learning the engineering ropes back then, so to speak.

Cerone Diablo Mix of Pitchin still kicks arseage!

I hate to read that twice then - my brain thought it said the Celine Dion remix for a second :blink::blink:

That'd be an interesting bootleg eh - Celine DIon vs Hi-Gate - My Heart Must Go On Pitchin' :ph34r:

"Caned & Unable" is one of my favs too.

VPL "In The Park" VPL "T-Break" "Saxuality" "Hurricane" "Stay with Me" "Showtime" "Gonna Work it Out" are all tunes l really like but l was never that keen on "Pitchin'". I'm sure there's more that l like but can't think of them atm.

I really like all Jules stuff, i have the majority of this except the newer stuff.

Below list of his notable stuff, including remixes:

CLOSET RECORDINGS

1) Organic Overload - Portamento Passout

2) Floorgasm - Have A Nice Day

3) VPL - The Bassline

4) Chi Chi Hernandez - Who's That

5) VPL - T Break

6) VPL - Bass Trouble

7) VPL - It's Showtime

8) VPL - In The Park

9) Celine Diablo - Shy

INCENTIVE

1) Higate - Pitchin

2) Higate - Gonna work it out

3) Higate - I can hear voices

4) Higate - Caned and unable

5) Higate - Every Face

6) Higate - You and Me

7) Higate - D tune (Earplugs)

8) Higate - Hurricane

9) Higate - Saxuality

10) Higate - Out of fashion

11) Higate - Notre Dame

12) Higate - Are You The Shepherd

13) Higate - Nappy Hardcore

14) Higate - Poverty

15) Higate - To Lunch

OTHER TUNES

1) Judge Jules & BK - Seizure

2) Michael Woods & Judge Jules - So Special

3) DuMonde vs. Judge Jules - What's In Your Head

4) Judge Jules & Katie Marne - Ordinary Day

5) Judge Jules & BK - Rumble

6) Judge Jules & BK - I Don't Know

7) Judge Jules - Without Love

8) Judge Jules - Alma Fe

9) Judge Jules & BK - Sickness

10) Judge Jules - Laid Bare

11) Judge Jules - Masterbreaker

12) Judge Jules - Keep me running

13) Judge Jules - Requiem for rascals

14) Judge Jules - The Skip

15) Angelic - Its my turn

16) Angelic - Cant keep me silent

17) Angelic - Stay with me

18) The Clergy - Saints & Sinners

19) The Clergy - The Oboe Song

REMIXES

1) The Crazy Drummer - Party Drums (Higate remix)

2) Starfighter - Apache (Higate remix)

3) Flickman - The Sound Of Bamboo (Higate remix)

4) Glow P.M. - Alma Del Mar (Higate remix)

5) Yomanda - Sunshine (Higate remix)

6) Yomanda - You're Free (Higate remix)

7) Yomanda - On The Level (Jules & Pauls Smooth Groove Mix)

TRACKS NEVER RELEASED

1) Higate - Tantrum

2) Higate? - Arthur Martha?

3) Higate? - Unknown

Please feel free to add

Fool Boona - Popped (Judge Jules Remix) [VC Recordings] 1999 :D

Stix n Stoned (Judge Jules & John Kelly) - Outrageous [Positiva] 1996

Lucid - Can't Help Myself (Judge Jules Vocal Remix) [Delerious] 1998

Brainbug - Nightmare (Judge Jules Remix) [Positiva] 2005?

The Crazy Drummer - Party Drums (Higate remix)

Didnt know this exist, I know of the Yomanda Remix though as I had it goin back...

Remixes wise if you wann go whole hog how about all those Jules & skins remixes of Higher State, Short d*** Man etc...

Archived