A bit of a favour from you guys....

Briggsy

Guys, I know you're all a good bunch here, so i'd like to ask a favour....

I know a lot of you use various online Mp3 stores now, and in particular, Trackitdown.net

The new-look MP3 store has just been launched on my website - in affiliation with www.trackitdown.net

If any of you currently use trackitdown.net, would you please consider using the link to my MP3 store instead please? The link is http://thetrancearena.trackitdown.net/

You pay EXACTLY the same price as you do on trackitdown.net - and you pay them just like you would as if you were buying directly from them. You also have EXACTLY the same tune range as trackitdown.net and EXACTLY the same in-built player.

Your current Trackitdown.net log-ins will also work too - you DON'T need to re-register on my site :D

The only difference is that for every tune you buy, my site recieves 10p for every track sold (it costs you no extra - you pay the same price as you do on trackitdown.net)

10p might not sound a lot - but it all helps towards the hosting, licensing costs, and raises cash for future enhancements on my site.

I want to compete with the likes of Gurn.net, Harderfaster, etc - and the only way of doing that is by raising cash to pay for advertising, etc.

I'd appreciate any support you could consider - remember, its at no cost to you at all. If you do choose to support my MP3 store - PLEASE help spread the word even more amongst your friends. :thumbsup:

Cheers Tim! You're a legend mate!

I hate sounding like i'm scrounging - but as you know, hosting doesn't come cheap.

I'm not in it for profit - every penny earnt will be re-invested into my site in one way or another. Licensing alone costs £250 per year so that people can download mixes from their favourite DJ's from my site legally. Judge Jules is one of the DJ's that has given me permisison to use his mix each month :D

no problemo matey - not often i buy from TID, but when i do i'll make sure i use your site!

Cheers mate, legend!

Whilst I think about it - i'm not sure if you're going to Crasher in Leeds on Saturday, but if so, there's a competition on the homepage of my site to win a pair of tickets. Might be worth entering :)

Whilst I think about it - i'm not sure if you're going to Crasher in Leeds on Saturday, but if so, there's a competition on the homepage of my site to win a pair of tickets. Might be worth entering :)

Just had a look for this, but couldn't find it? (I'm desperate for a reason to get back to Leeds :mrgreen: )

As with Bjorn I don't really use trackitdown but will have a quick browse via your site later in the week mate

Cheers Tom, nice one mate - its even in Wolves colours too :thumbsup:

Just had a look for this, but couldn't find it? (I'm desperate for a reason to get back to Leeds :mrgreen: )

Sorry mate, I set the cut off date for the comp wrong so it wasn't displaying on the page.

Its all up and running again now - the deadline is 11pm tonight :mrgreen:

A wav file is higher quality than an MP3, they are recorded at a much higher bit rate.

MP3s are generally compressed Wavs. High quality MP3s such as 320kbps are still really good quality though. Wavs also take up more room on your computer.

Will take a look Briggsy. Not sure if i've ever used trackitdown, but will use yours in the future if I ever need to!

Thanks for that Tom.

The reason l wanted to know is because l can't get hold of Jules Promo mixes of "Without Love" on CD. It's sold out at Chemical and l've tried other sites too without success so l may buy them as downloads and then burn to CD (as suggested by Bjorn).

Briggsy mate - I'll be on board with this one - I just editted my favourite link of TID to yours so on my weekly travels I'll hit it there :)

Well done on securing that though and combining this topic with what you said in the Eddie interview thread about your site etc I'd be more that happy to offer my support :)

Coming back to what's being said about WAV's; it would be awesome to download them, but just imagine the bandwidth you loose. MP3 at 320kpbs is about 1/5 to that of a WAV and the bits you lose in the compression are hardly noticeable to the human ear (so I read somewhere... ;)).

WAV files are obviously the best but they are offensively large files.

320kbps MP3s are definitely the way forward and sound exactly the same to the human ear; anything less than that though, and sharp-earred muso's like me get offended by the sound quality :mrgreen:

Archived