Some very Sad news for Slinky fans

Si_E_P

It has come to my attention through insider info that the opera house in bournemouth is going to close in 4 weeks time. that is incredibly sad for me as it is the only noteworthy club i can go to within a reasonable distance. i will be very sorry to see it go considering jules was meant to be comin the end of next month which i had aready hyped up for, with this and the dissapointment of the newquay trip (see stiffler (me) trip to newquay the f*** up file thread) it has been rather a bad time. Its replacement is now a 2 and half hour trip to kent to see dormouse at the end of Sep. Not a shabby replacement may i add if his radio shows r n e thing to go by. Anyway hope this news is of some help. The only way to save the club is if sum1 buys it out. Lets Hope........

I'd read in Mixmag that it was up for sale. Surely Slinky can come up with some sort of rescue package. If not, they're pretty screwed too :? I've never been, but from what I've heard, it is a truly amazing venue and like you say, there's not a lot else in the area for trance nights.

Here's hoping something will come along to save an institution

.I used to go when I was at Uni down that way. Its a top venue. Trainspotters like me can sit on the balcony round the top and watch the DJ from almost above him.

Saw anne savage get hit over the back of the head by a glowstick on a string. The dancer behind her looked like a right prick when she went mental at him :lol:

Never been to Slinky in borenmouth, however slinky often come to derby, i have seen lesia pin up and lashas, along with the tidy boys....

When the next Slinky night comes about ur welcom to come up and crash at mine and Bjorns pad!

Ive seen:

Jules

Anne Savage x2 (Inc. The time she got whacked)

Airwave

Marc Vedo

.....on various trips.

Jules was brilliant. Played 'That camera track' 'Awakening (Cosmic gate rmx), 'Loneliness' etc..

Airwave was better than I would have expected. The delight of the set being 'Opus III - Fine Day'.

The lights at slinky are fat as f*** aswell. I nearly passed out when the lights cut out and the lasers came on. Aurghhhh!! :?

. Trainspotters like me can sit on the balcony round the top and watch the DJ from almost above him.

I love clubs like that! It gives you something to do during a break from the dancefloor. Foundation in Newcastle has a balcony, but it depends how busy the night is whether they'll open it or not

Foundation in Newcastle has a balcony, but it depends how busy the night is whether they'll open it or not

It took me 3 outings there to discover how to get to that damn balcony! Steve was bemused I think cos I was so chuffed to have found it finally... :D

The lights at slinky are fat as f*** aswell. I nearly passed out when the lights cut out and the lasers came on. Aurghhhh!! :?

They do have ace light rig, they are one of only 30 ppl in the uk two own a 'stealth laser' we used to have one up here bit it got stolen a few weeks back, its a £10,000 peice of kit so the dudes a bit pissed! if any one happens to spot one in the north west / north wales let us know, it'd be a big help.

stealth_laser.gif

can suply the serial number it was insured with to prove its his

Archived