Clubber's Guide to...Ninety Nine

Simcut

So ladies and gents, what were your favourite tracks from this fantastic compilation? I've been listening to this again in my car recently, f***ing AWESOME! :)

Here are some of my faves from the compilation:-

Conga Squad - Cumshot - Despite the bird having an orgasm on the track, this tracks me almost have an orgasm, so funky, I love it !!!! brilliant track.

Systematic Parts - Violin De La Nuit - Dirty house tune, but my god it still sounds so good, even now!!

Travel - Bulgarian (Signum Mix) - One of the greatest trance tracks ever, anyone that doesnt know this track needs a severe beating, no offence.

Rhythmatic Junkies - The Feelin' - Absolutely awesome house track, one of the best I think I've ever heard, lovely use of an air horn as well, beats the use of air horn in Horny Horns by Perfect Phase :D

2HD - Electric Skies - This one is a little corker that isnt really well known at all, works very well for me, typical 1999 trance, released on Tsunami I believe??

Absolom - Baby Boomers - Fantastic belgian trance which still sounds as good as it was back then, "f***ING BABY BOOMERS!"

Mike Koglin - The Silence - Still one of my favourite trance tracks, even now. I still think the Tekara Mix by Matt Darey is the best though. One of the only amazing remakes of an old track (this was originally a Depeche Mode track of course)

BT - Godspeed - Wow, I completely forgot about this tune, how good is it??? jesus.

Anyone remember any of these beauties?? :)

Radical Playaz - The Hook - I think Tall paul had something to do with this. Real funky but banging. The tempo is nice and the groove is tight. Like it a lot.

Southside Spinners - Luvstruck - Marco V & Benjamin mix - This was when they had a string of great productions. Good peak time stuff. Marco V should have stuck to this type of sound.

Rhythmatic Junkies - The Feeling - Rhythm Masters had shaped the sound i play as a DJ. They got me into to the whole tough funky sound. This has a great hook and this bangs along a good old pace. Very very good stuff. This is what i call hard house. Shame they split, since the productions by Steve Mac havent exactly been great.

Aptness - The Answer - A tune that just takes me back to 1999 and when i first started going to Crasher. I also remember hearing it bootlegged to death with the Madison Avenue, Fragma, Pamela Fernandez vocals.

Roadblock - The Rules - "ALRIGHT...SHUT UP...Now...You got to follow the rules to the game. Rule 1; Leave all your problem at the door, Rule 2; Find yourself the sexiest dance partner you can find, and rule 3; ALWAYS, REMEMBER THE MUSIC" - Best tune on the comp, great breakdown, good sample, nice, quick and funky.

Mike Koglin - The Silence - Great track, again this takes me back to the good old days. That breakdown is serious hands in the air stuff. This sample has been used many times but Mike Koglin did it best.

This is a great comp, this was when MOS really did release cracking comps. The "Sessions" comps are good but they simply cannot compare to the 1998-2000 ones they did. I remember the CLubbers Guide To Ibiza 99 one Jules did too, that was another belter.

Edited by Moonman

This is my favourite ministry complilation by far. Highlights for me are:

Systematic Parts - Violin De La Nuit: this one takes me off into another world whenever I hear it, I get really absorbed in the track somehow

Hands Burn - Goodshot: needs no explanation really just a fantastic tune

ROOS - Instant Moments:: I used to put the CD in and just listen to this tune over and over sometimes, it still gets played in virtually any trance classics set I play now.

BT - Godspeed: agree with simcut on this

Roadblock - The Rules: Quality tune this

Absolom - Baby Bloomers: Absolutely love this tune - one of those I wish I had on vinyl but I didn't even have decks back then unfortunately.

Aptness - The Answer

Bocaccio Life - The Secret Wish

Edited by Tremor

This is one of my Favourate compilations also, would say probably my best Clubber Guide also, so many corkers!

The old Clubbers guides were very good, there were some wicked tracks on Jules mix on 1998's compilation also:

Dirty Barry - Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire, Der Der De Der, De De De Der

Dj Disco - Freakshow Of A Genius

DJ Nervous - Jack The Groove

Red Light District - Did You Hear Me

Ayla - Ayla

Shrink - Nervous Breakdown This is one of my all time fave tracks, mental breakdown, gives you real energy!

Binary Finary - 1998

This is one of my Favourate compilations also, would say probably my best Clubber Guide also, so many corkers!

The old Clubbers guides were very good, there were some wicked tracks on Jules mix on 1998's compilation also:

Dirty Barry - Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire, Der Der De Der, De De De Der

Dj Disco - Freakshow Of A Genius

DJ Nervous - Jack The Groove

Red Light District - Did You Hear Me

Ayla - Ayla

Shrink - Nervous Breakdown This is one of my all time fave tracks, mental breakdown, gives you real energy!

Binary Finary - 1998

Completely agree mate, you missed out one though, Sao Paulo - Be Yourself Be Free :)

and my god, how good Jack The Groove is :D

Edited by Simcut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't have this cd, but Clubber's Guide to Ibiza 99 is highly worth checking out if you don't already own it.

Yeah this was wicked also. From memory it included tracks like:

Olmec heads - spriritualised

friends of matthew - out there

cygnus x - the orange theme

blank & jones - cream

lovechild - liberta

etc etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...