3-Stortion

Anyone else got a copy of this? In my opinion its his best track since 'Advanced'. I think it pisses all over Monotone, Dont Tar Me With the Same Brush & Get the Cleenex.

It'd fit into the start of a set easily but would also be suitable for peak-time boshing.

Wicked.

I much prefer Lemon Tree to this and I'd say lemon tree has a bit of a hint of advanced/cherry blossom style breakdown. I really liked monotone but the other stuff in between that and lemon tree hasn't been up to par.

Not really my niche anymore but in general Marcel Woods isn't a DJ or Producer I rathe particularly highly, for the first month or so 'Advanced' sounded magic but it didn't really have much longevity to it.

Marcel Woods is a top DJ - the only downside is that he's not a DJ you can see regularly. Once every 18 months is enough because his sets never change. He's still playing pretty much the same set now as he was when I saw him this time last year.

Its frustrating when DJ's do that. Unfortunately, Jules is going down that route too. The last three times i've seen him, he's played exactly the same tunes - just in a different order.

Marcel Woods is a top DJ - the only downside is that he's not a DJ you can see regularly. Once every 18 months is enough because his sets never change. He's still playing pretty much the same set now as he was when I saw him this time last year.

Though he may be superb when actually seeing him spin I find that if a DJ is basically trotting out the same old tracks over & over that this in essence forbids him from being classed as a top DJ, fair enough he plays a lot of his own tracks but surely to be a successful DJ & not just a producer who can mix you need to adapt your set & mix things up reacting to the crowd which can never be exactly the same each time?

I agree completely - its very frustrating and becoming more and more common.

Sean Tyas always plays the same set, Jules rarely varies his set, Oakie rarely changes his set - even Tiesto rarely changes his set, yet they continually get away with it.

I can't understand how bedroom DJ's can continually sound fresh despite having to buy tunes, yet the worlds elite, that can have any tunes they like for free, as often as they like, struggle to find enough tunes to add variety to their sets.

Archived