Le Tour De France

Max Kane

Have been an avid fan of cycling for some time & always enjoy the sport. Somethin strangely gratifying in riding your bike up a big f*ck off hill that is different to any other sporting pursuit.

Watching Le Tour every year is always somethin I like to do as well, the achievements of the contestants really are magnificent. I was surprised no-one mentioned it earlier what with the prologue & opening stage taking place in London.

My pre-tour tips were...

01 - Karpets

02 - Vinokourov

03 - Leipheimer

Though these three aren't really in the shake up at the moment. Anyone else take an interest?

Watch it every year mate, im a massive cyclist!

Easily one of the toughest sporting events of the year...

Looks like Vino is gonna struggle now unless he can pull it out of the bag in the TT. Out of those 3 it looks like Levi is in the strongest position, i thought that Canchelara would kep the yellow for longer but not to be. For me it now looks as if Mayo & Moreau are in strong positions - both excellent climbers & very good TT' riders.

Gutted its a rest day today - saw none of it over the weekend been so busy. Few crashes eh tom?

Cavendish has retired hasn't he - good experience for him - came close a couple of times!

Cavendish was very unlucky, got boxed out a couple of times then had the crashes too. Mick Rodgers' crash yesterday was awful, busted his collarbone and went flying into a barrier.

Iban Mayo looked strong yesterday & if Rasmussen can continue to climb like he did yesterday he could ride into contention, for him to win he needs to take masses of time in the mountains though, he is an average TT.

Surprised me that Astana decided to force Kloden to wait for Vino yesterday, Kloden is right up there in GC & if he had been allowed to go wouldn't have lost as much time & maybe would have been able to have a dig & go off up towards Moreau.

Don't think we'll get a really clear picture of who's gona be favourite until after the Pyranees stages next week.

Yeh its just spicing up now - sprinting has died down with McCwen retiring too, looks like its between Boonen & Zabel...

Is there a team TT this year or is it another individual one?

Why support a sport which is full of this?

mgu0121l.jpg

support - no, follow - yes.

Unfortunately you do have a point there Quadrant, i have spent a very very long time reading about the various drug scandals - they are almost as interesting as the Tour De France!

Such a shame that drug use is so rife in cycling, but that is because cycling is the most intense, high endurance sport there is - nothing comes close to the endurance, exertion, short recovery conditions experienced by ridersi n the tour de france.

Is there a team TT this year or is it another individual one?

They've done away with the team TT for the past couple of years as teams complained that Discovery used to wipe the floor with them all, was an interesting stage the team TT, but it did serve as a massive advantage to the bigger teams, someone like Evans would have no chance with Predictor Lotto in the shape they are, Astana & CSC would cream everyone

Bad day for Moreau today, managed to lsoe 3mins on the main contenders on a pancake flat stage. Tomorrow should be better watching, nice little Category 2 climb near the end

That dog was hard as nails, bent the frame of the wheel, then walked off wagging it's tail

did look funny that - the wheels are very very fine carbon, a very small weight placed where it is not designed and it will just crumple - just like an F1 car would too!

Boonen looks nailed on for the Green Jersey after today, time trial tomorrow should be good viewing, be nice if Millar or Wiggins could take it, can't really see past Cancellara though to be honest

;)

Well I race in ireland for local team! Represnted Northern Irleand at the 2002 commonwealth games in manchester for MTB but no I have moved to road racing so slowly getting there!

Good stuff mate :thumbsup: See you in Glasgow for the 2014 Commonwealth Games ;)

Strange stage today, Vino seems to be a complete anomally, capitulated again yesterday then blitzed everyone again today.

Was good watching Contador go on the attack on the final climb, Rasmussen looked strong though, can see it going all the way to the final time trial on Saturday at this rate

Strange stage today, Vino seems to be a complete anomally, capitulated again yesterday then blitzed everyone again today.

really does beg the question doesn't it Tom?

I mean, the prolougue - Cancellara won by 13 seconds, thats a phenomenal amount of time to win by over a few kilometres, it took them only 8minutes to complete the Tt, thats just rediculous....and Kloden beat Hincapie into 3 rd by another 10 seconds....

I just can't believe that myself.

I am getting more and more convinced of it all...

_41835332_dopingbanner416.jpg

:(

Archived