Le Tour De France

Max Kane

I think Cancellara is just that good on TT, he's the world TT champion & really does just have the mindset to ride great time trials, I think that he beat a lot of them by so much because it was the focal point of his Tour, if he won the Prologue he knew he'd be in Yellow for a week up until the Alpine stages.

Tomorrow will really shape the result of the tour, Contador has to attack again & if people like Kloden, Evans, Sastre & alike want to achieve anything they have to chance it, there's no way they can haul back 5mins on a 50k TT next sat

After each stage the stage winner, the yellow jersey holder & other random riders are tested, each & every rider will be tested regularly.

I think that it's testiment to the system that they are catching more cheats. The result today was such a shame for Bradley Wiggins who had riden so well & cannot complete the Tour because of Moreni

Rassmussen being sacked has ruined the tour really, how can it be taken seriously?

Either a) he cheated & deliberately missed tests to conceal drug use, so Rabobank fired him to cover it up or B) he was completely innocent and we've lost the rightful winner of the tour to a stupid & needless decision.

Either way both the above statements are bad for cycling

yes I'm glad he has gone - he was cheating but he is Danish so I am surprised.

Fuzzy-Logic do you know him personally? :)

no, i don't know Rasmussen, though i have been following the updates every now and then the last week and when he finally got "kicked out" i pulled the plug. After hearing about Bjarne Riis admitted to have taken drugs back in the '96 days when he won the Tour, the whole picture broke and i can't take any of it seriously... the whole tour is a joke and really feel with known and unknown riders who are innocent... i can't imagine how a circus they must feel they are a part of.

Miguel Indurain... He was the last true master of Tour de France. Respect!

Yesterdays Time Trial was enthralling viewing, I was at work today so only caught the last lap of the final stage, I was really enjoying the tour this year until all of the unpleasantness, such a shame really that it has been ruined so much by the cheaters

Archived