Digital Delay - 'My Love'

Bjorn

Ok, so once again (for those of you who remember) i have remembered about this tune AGAIN!...

Digital Delay - 'My Love'

Played only at Global Gathering 2005 and i was there to hear it live. Never heard anything of it ever since - Jules said it was supposed to be released on Mondo, but alas i have tried emailing mondo so many times and never had a reply. I've asked them for info bout it, Gurjit Delay (the producer) contact details....no reply.

I have now taken the final move of emailing Jules to see if he still has the tune, failing that im stumped as to what to do. I need to find someone who has some info on Gurjit Delay so i can try & contact him as mondo are being less than helpful. it really is a wonderful tune that i still love as much as the first time i heard it...my quest will go on!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never coming out at this rate is it :(

I like this track so much aswell, what thy hell are mondo or Gurjit upto? might be worth a ask on mondos forums although will porbably yet again be a dead end.

:(

I'll join your quest guv.

I asked Mondo about this a while ago, and they said that this tune hadn't been signed by them.

By the looks of things, its one of those tunes that was sent out by the producer in the hope of getting some recognition by a major label - but that never happened.

You can only hope that its re-sent out to DJ's asking for a bit more support, and hoping that it gains a bit more interest second time around.

its odd when much worse s*** gets signed constantley! and this quality track dissapears withno trace :(

I agree! Sometimes when a DJ thinks its worthy of a release, he'll keep suporting it in phases to make the industry listen.

Remember when Jules said that Tran 4 was rejected by loads of labels, but he felt it was worthy of a release and was going to support it until it was signed? - well, Jules stuck by his word, and it was eventually signed.

He did the same with Dark Side Of The Moon a couple of years ago, when that was also rejected, and then signed after much support from Jules.

He also did it with the Members of Mayday - 10 Revolutions bootleg after supporting it on three different occasions over two years - and then Incentive finally signed that.

Then there was Sugartape - Summerdaze too - Jules also supported that in three different phazes, and then it was finally released.

It just shows that if a DJ in Jules's position wants a tune signed because he feels its worthy of a release, he has the power to make the industry take note, and make someone eventually sign it to a label.

O def Bjorno i just cant c how it was never signed i mean it was just as good as love put us into a groove if not better actually if any of us can find a way 2 the producer then we should try and perswade (spelling) him 2 resend it 2 dj's again...

Come on guys lets try 2 get this Monster track released B)

I could def see Jules and Dave Pearce Playing it -_-

There may be more to this than we realise - ie, did it contain a sample of another tune that may have prevented it from being signed?

Love Put Us Into A Groove contained a sample, and that took a while to be cleared, so perhaps this contained a sample that couldn't get clearance too?

Yes you may be correct Briggs, however 'Love put Us Into A Groove' didn't take 2 years to be released...

Think im gonna mass post on every trance forum for info on Gurjit Delay.

Yes you may be correct Briggs, however 'Love put Us Into A Groove' didn't take 2 years to be released...

True, but it all depends how on how generous the original artist/label are feeling. That might have been sorted out fairly quickly, but if another artists feels that they're not gonna get paid as much as they deserve, or insist on being awkward, then it could take a long time.

Vandit take two years to release tunes normally, so god help it if they signed a tune that had a sample from another tune :blink:

I felt compelled to upload a sample of this so here it is here:

Digital Delay - 'My Love' (Sample)

This is live from global - if you listen you can hear me & my mates blowing on the horns really loudly! It almost brings a tear to the eye thinking about how happy i was when Jules dropped 'My Love' - the sun was out, the tunes pumping - it was simply amazing. I so so so so so badly want this tune, i don't think i've ever wanted a tune this badly!

hmm.. think i have this mate!!!!!! haha only joking!! ;) ;)

i was at global gathering and rem this set from jules, he played matt darey eternity as well what a tune!!!!

good luck with this matey!!

Just a reminder of what he played.

30/07/05

Live from Global Gathering 2005

***Jules Live On The Radio 1 Stage***

Lil' Love Live P.A.

Ein Musik vs. MLK - 'Jittery Dream' (White)

Jupiter Ace pres. J.A. Teknixx - 'Until The Music Stops' (Big Love)

Fischerspooner - 'Never Win' (Capitol)

David West - 'Larry Mountains 54' (Anjula Deep)

Kobaya - 'Nucleo' (White)

Digital Delay - 'My Love' (White)

K90 - 'Red Snapper' (Recover)

Signal Runners - '3000 Miles From Home' (White)

Ernesto vs. Bastian - 'Dark side of the moon' [Dogzilla Pure Filth Remix] (White Label)

Matt Darey feat. Izzy - 'Eternity' (Darey Products)

Micky Modelle - 'The Beach' (White Label)

Sonic Vibe - 'Desert Sky' (White)

Scot Project - 'I (Need You)' (White)

Got a reply on trance.nu: :D

Hey Bjorn,

I know this track too and love it also! I wrote to Mondo about it to enquire a couple of weeks back funny enough, they wrote back to me back telling me it was coming out at the end of summer! Apparently the record was shelved due to undisclosed reasons (which they didn’t tell me) but they've decided to put it out with brand new remixes.

Not sure why you got no reply as I write to them a lot and always get an answer, though I think I might be annoying them now.. he he

K x

f***ing yes!!!

Should get it a bit earlier too as im on the mondo promo pool ^_^

There may be more to this than we realise - ie, did it contain a sample of another tune that may have prevented it from being signed?

Love Put Us Into A Groove contained a sample, and that took a while to be cleared, so perhaps this contained a sample that couldn't get clearance too?

I'm pretty sure it does contain a sample as l remember trying to work (out at the time) where l had heard this tune before.

I think the vocals are from a girl group, possibly from the 80's.

Archived