Digital Delay - 'My Love'

Bjorn

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Got my promo today. It says it coming out on the 5th May.

Mondo were obviously lying when they said that they knew nothing about this. The press release says the catalogue number is MND028 - even though their last releases have been MND052 and MND053 - which would suggest it was allocated a catlogue number a while ago!

Also, this is the press info its been sent with:

Once again, Mondo Records deliver yet another unique and groundbreaking release! This time welcoming back the huge talent that is DIGITAL DELAY with his next offering.

After the colossal success of "Love Put Us Into A Groove", Gurjit Delay aka DIGITAL DELAY is back with yet another dancefloor destroyer “MY LOVE”. Already gaining early plays from Radio 1’s JUDGE JULES we are convinced this will be causing some serious damage over the coming months and beyond!

On top of the energy packed original mix, we provide further fuel to the fire with house mixes from Starlet DJ’s (Paul Masterson aka Yomanda & Peter Martine), Rokit & Dale Corderoy and Thomas Feijk!!

1) Rokit & Dale Corderoy Radio edit | 03:28 | 3.18mb / ELECTRO VOCAL HOUSE

2) Rokit & Dale Corderoy remix | 06:40 | 6.11mb / ELECTRO VOCAL HOUSE

3) Original mix | 07:01 | 6.42mb / TRANCE

4) Starlet DJ's remix | 07:34 | 6.93mb / VOCAL HOUSE

5) Thomas Feijk remix | 06:54 | 6.32mb / PROGRESSIVE HOUSE

6) Rokit & Dale Corderoy Dub mix | 06:40 | 6.11mb / ELECTRO HOUSE

7) Original Radio edit | 03:34 | 3.26mb / TRANCE

8) Starlet DJ's Radio edit | 02:58 | 2.72mb / VOCAL HOUSE

Yeah, Jules certainly did give it some early plays - almost three years ago! Its been that early, that Jules doesn't even remember it now.

Anyway, its coming out at last - but I have to say, its one of Mondo's poorer releases. The tune works well, but the vocal is gay. A dub mix would have been nice :( Its the kind of tune that Radio 1 will cane to death - its very commercial-market appealing.

Mondo seem to organise things strangely, they send out promos in a kinda haphazard way. I'm signed to their promo pool & on occasion they release stuff really really early, which is fantastic as it allows me to get hold of their stuff & get supporting it. On other occasions though they place the tracks on the promo pool a couple of weeks after release & sometimes not at all :wacko:

This track hasn't appeared yet on the promo pool, yet it's out. Other tracks such as the Corderoy track Jules supported last year came on a full 5months prior to release.

I can't really complain as they send me stuff for free but it seems a little odd

Mondo seem to organise things strangely, they send out promos in a kinda haphazard way. I'm signed to their promo pool & on occasion they release stuff really really early, which is fantastic as it allows me to get hold of their stuff & get supporting it. On other occasions though they place the tracks on the promo pool a couple of weeks after release & sometimes not at all :wacko:

This track hasn't appeared yet on the promo pool, yet it's out. Other tracks such as the Corderoy track Jules supported last year came on a full 5months prior to release.

I can't really complain as they send me stuff for free but it seems a little odd

Mondo seem to have a completely weird system as to who gets their tracks on their promo pool. I've had this track for a number of weeks, whilst others couldn't get access to it at all - and there have been times when people have had access to tunes that i've not had access too. Its as if they pick out random people to give access to certain tunes. I also had the Corderoy track that Jules had - but some others didn't have access to it either.

I've raised it with them before because i'm supposed to have Press access to tunes in order to review them ahead of their release. I can't see the point in me reviewing tunes that have been out for weeks before i've had chance to review them. People would have already listened to them and cast their own opinions of those tunes, so i'm just wasting my time.

Maybe they dont want your reviews! stuff em I say!

Perhaps they're scared of negative feedback affecting sales. I've gotta be honest, Mondo is definately much weaker than it used to be these days anyway. They don't seem to have the quality releases such as ATN - Miss A Day, etc now :(