Sosei Fiction / Tick Mode Giveaway

• 2 weeks later...

There are free-to-download programs like WinAce, etc to extract .rar files. But everytime I've downloaded them I've ended up with various AdWare programs that have taken me ages to get rid of. Any further help would be appreciated. :)

rar files need to be extracted using WinRar. There is a free trial version available on the web. I cant remember where I got mine. Vista suggested it automatically when I tried to open one of these files once.

Google WinRar & I'm sure you'll find the answer. There may be an easier answer and I'm sure the computer bods on here will suggest it.

I'm stuck too, l use to have a free version of Winrar, when l had Windows 98 SE, but since l upgraded to Windows XP I've lost it so atm l'm unable to play my "Winrar" music files.

Last week I tried to find the free version of Winrar but can only find "a month's trial version".

I'm a bit wary of installing this one and also the Winace free version as TBH l don't really understand what l'm doing (some of the time) so if l get it wrong its a nightmare as it takes so long to put things right.:redface:

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Not a problem. I use the 'One Months Trial' WinRar program. Once the month ran out, I reinstalled it. As it doesn't make you register, it doesn't know you've already had it on your computer before (following uninstallation of the program)

If you have it installed on your computer download the rar file to your chosen destination. Once it's been downloaded it should show as a rar file. If you double click on the file it will automatically open WinRar with the chosen track/s on the main page. If you select both of these tracks and click 'Extract To' (then pick where you want to extract them to). It should convert them to MP3 files for you.

Hope thats of some help. :)

Archived