judge jules live from global gathering 27-07-2007 on Radio 1

Moonman

judge jules live from global gathering on 27/07/2007 (Radio 1)

Heres something i got of www.newmixes.com. I took it off there and uploaded it to megaupload and put it on here so that hopefully this set can be archived ready for the new site. If admin have a problem with that then thats okay.

Anyway, this set is a cracker, listen out for Jules cheeky edit of Paul Webster's "Blindside". I cant find a full tracklist as of yet, when i do hopefully that'll get sorted.

enjoy

That bullet in the gun mix is the bootleg of paul webster - blindside/wavelength (I actually thought it was wavelength but cant remember which is which)... as mentioned above by moonman.

its just the acapella thrown over the top. had good crowd appeal but nothin special in my opinion

Full TL here other than ID's - hehe!! Loving the new Ferry tune, went to see SVD in Brighton on sat night and he destroyed the place with that one! Not too sure about the RHCP / Armin mash-up tho......but I did like the Paul Webster track with the Bullet vocal, thought that worked quite nicely!

Anyways, here goes:

01. Marcel Woods - Lemon Tree

02. Sander van Doorn - Riff

03. Paul Webster - Wavelength w/ Bullet In The Gun Acapella

04. Tiesto Ft. BT - Break My Fall (Airbase Dub)

05. ID

06. ID

07. Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Armin van Buuren - Waiting For A Control Freak [Ant Attwood Mashup]

08. Ferry Corsten - Brain Box

09. Mikka Leinonen - Shadow Hearts

10. Vincent De Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Mix)

11. Judge Jules - When I Fall In Love

12. Mark Ronson - Stop Me

Burien corrected the TL at newmixes to look like this:

Judge Jules

01. Marcel Woods – ‘Lemon Tree’ (High Contrast)

02. Sander van Doorn - Riff (Spinnin 2007)

03. Paul Webster Pres. JPW - Wavelength (Fraction Records)vs Bullet In The Gun (Acapella)

04. Tiesto feat. BT - Break My Fall (Airbase Dub)

05. ID

06. Judge Jules - Laid Bare (Ibiza Trumpet Mix)(White Label)

07. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Waiting For (Genix Remix) vs Armin van Buuren - Control Freak (Sander van Doorn Remix)

08. Ferry Corsten - Brain Box (White Label)

09. Miika Leinonen – ‘Shadow Hearts’ (Alter Ego)

10. Vincent De Moor – ‘Fly Away’ [Cosmic Gate mix] (New State)

11. Judge Jules - Freeze (When I Fall In Love) (White Label)

12. Mark Ronson - Stop Me (Judge Jules Bootleg Edit)(White Label)

now without two track 5's :)

Edited by FuzzY-LogiC

10 Judge Jules "Freeze" (When I Fall In Love")

This doesn't sound anything like the tune (of the same name) that Jules played on Sat 21st (first tune in his Sat night mix) I really loved the one he played at Global. Are you sure it's the same tune as a woman was singing the vocals this Sat whereas last week it was Jules. :confused:

Edited by Chrissie Brown

hope this is right now sorry ;-)) :blush: i coppy mutch off bbc side :unsure:

Judge Jules

03. Digital Deviant – ‘Perfecto Wavelength’ (White Label)

05. Fred Baker & Greg Nash - Atlantis City (Spnnin 2007)

07. RHCP Vs Armin - Unknown (White Label)

08. Ferry Corsten - Brain Box (Flashover Recordings 2007)

11. Hemstock & Jennings - Lazdc (White Label)

12. Unknown - ‘Up Yer Ronson’(Judge Jules Bootleg Edit)(White Label)

Some confusion here!

07. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - 'Waiting For' (Genix Remix) vs Armin van Buuren - 'Control Freak' (Sander van Doorn Remix) (Ant Attwood Mashup) [white label]

I'm not sure how to list this helpfully in the TLs - it's a bit of a mouthful!

Also:

Is this correct? :)

Judge Jules

03. Digital Deviant – ‘Perfecto Wavelength’ (White Label)

05. Fred Baker & Greg Nash - Atlantis City (Spnnin 2007)

07. Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Armin van Buuren - Waiting For A Control Freak (Ant Attwood Mashup) (White Label)

08. Ferry Corsten - Brain Box (Flashover Recordings 2007)

12. Unknown - ‘Up Yer Ronson’(Judge Jules Bootleg Edit)(White Label)

ok sorry for no7 but number 11. needs to be corect :unsure:

Some of the beatmatching was pretty ropey - dodgy monitor speakers again :confused:

yeah werent the tightest we've hear jules mix, but the tunes saw it through. I must be the only person that likes the "Up your Ronson" bootleg track...

yeah werent the tightest we've hear jules mix, but the tunes saw it through.

I appreciate there has to be a certain amount of jingels too, but almost every mix had a jingle over it :( Presumably these weren't heard at the event.

btw, Sorry to sound so negative about it.

He's produced it really well, but it just sounds so out of place in a Jules set. Its not Housey, and its not Trancey. Every time I hear Jules play it, I can't help but feel its affected the flow of the set.

There's also too much going on - so many stops and starts, and it kills all the energy.

On the plus side though, I'm really loving Laid Bare now - i'd rate that as the best tune Jules has EVER producer (including the hi-gate stuff, etc) - the Ibiza Trumpet mix is awesome!

As for dodgy monitors - that excuse has never really convinced me. I don't use monitors at all - i've always used my headphones to mix. Any DJ should be able to mix in their headphones if the monitors are dodgy - I can't see what the problem is.

Edited by Briggsy

On the plus side though, I'm really loving Laid Bare now - i'd rate that as the best tune Jules has EVER producer (including the hi-gate stuff, etc) - the Ibiza Trumpet mix is awesome!

have to admit, i wasnt feeling that either to start with. However, now i cant seem to get it out of my head. The drop into the breakdown works wonderfully well. It would be up there as one of his best productions.

The electro part of Up Yer Ronson is heavy, i love that weird synth sound. To me, it doesnt sound like a jules tune, by that i mean it doesnt sound like he made it. However, that electro part is so damn heavy.

As for dodgy monitors - that excuse has never really convinced me. I don't use monitors at all - i've always used my headphones to mix. Any DJ should be able to mix in their headphones if the monitors are dodgy - I can't see what the problem is.

How do ya mean mate?? you just have the two channels cued in your headphones is it??? I use a combination of both ways cause sometimes if both channels are going in your headphones it gets too noisey.. Dave clarke mixes with two channels in his headphones too!!