Judge Jules July.. Tracklist

Burien

July Trackist

http://www.judgejules.net/index.php?page=10

01. Octagen vs DJ Dazzle - Continuous (Five Am)

02. Miika Leinonen – ‘Shadow Hearts’ (Alter Ego)

03. Marcel Woods – ‘Lemon Tree’ (High Contrast)

04. Digital Deviant – ‘Perfecto Wavelength’ (White Label)

05. Tiesto feat. BT - Break My Fall (Airbase Dub)

06. Hemstock & Jennings - Lazdc (White Label)

07. Danilo Ercole – ‘Sea Shadow’ (DJ Jack Remix) (White Label)

08. RHCP Vs Armin - Unknown (White Label)

09. John Gibbons & Scimon Tist - Beautiful Filth (White Label)

10. Judge Jules - Laid Bare (Ibiza Trumpet Mix)(White Label)

11. Ferry Corsten - Brain Box (Flashover Recordings 2007)

12. Lisa Lashes & Ann Savage – ‘Unknown’ (White Label)

13. ID

14. Sander Van Doorn – The Riff (Spinnin 2007)

15. Fred Baker & Greg Nash - Atlantis City (Spnnin 2007)

16. Vincent De Moor – ‘Fly Away’ [Cosmic Gate mix] (New State)

17. Orjan Nilsen pres. Dominic Dominion - Black Mamba (Euphonic 2007)

hope is right plese help id tune 13. :blush:

08. RHCP Vs Armin - Unknown (White Label)

12. Lisa Lashes & Ann Savage – Olive's Oil (White Label)

13. ID

17. Orjan Nilsen pres. Dominic Dominion - Black Mamba (Euphonic 2007

08. Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Armin van Buuren - Waiting For A Control Freak (Ant Attwood Mashup) (White Label)

13. ID

17. Orjan Nilsen pres. Dominic Dominion - Black Mamba (Euphonic 2007

stil need number 13 plese help

hi guys track 13 is signalrunners - recoil (mat zo mix)

I just love it when people stroll on here and casually ID tune we've all been stumped on. Cheers agassi! :)

Thanks for the audio, Fuzzy, - people will always listen when a clip is created for them, I knew it! :thumbsup:

06. Hemstock & Jennings - 'LA 2 DC' (Original / DJ Choose mix - will confirm later for you!)

08. Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Armin van Buuren - Waiting For A Control Freak (Ant Attwood Mashup) (White Label)

13. Signalrunners - Recoil (Mat Zo mix)

17. Orjan Nilsen pres. Dominic Dominion - Black Mamba (Euphonic 2007)

Edited by Briggsy

Yeah, one of Jules's better mixes - but also one that highlights why I'm not feeling Jules's sets like I used to a few years ago.

1. Dodgy bootlegs. That Digital Deviant - Perfecto Wavelength bootleg is awful. The vocals are slightly out of key with the tune and also slightly out of time too. On the other hand, that Ant Antwood bootleg of Waiting For A Control Freak is top notch - very well produced and highlights the fact that bootlegs sound awesome if they're creative and well produced.

2. Random flow. Here is the prime example:

"Shadow Hearts" is a fairly calm Trancer sandwiched between two much harder tracks. Shadow Hearts sounded out of place, and it didn't mix in too well because the bassline was too minimal compared to the other two tracks. Jules would not have mixed liked that a few years ago. Thats why Eddie Halliwell has now overtaken Jules as my number 1 DJ.

1. Dodgy bootlegs. That Digital Deviant - Perfecto Wavelength bootleg is awful. The vocals are slightly out of key with the tune and also slightly out of time too.

Just had a listen to this and it's not great. The idea is fine, but you can't just slap on vocals when they're not absolutely smack in tune with what you're putting it with - it's not difficult to tweak, just plain lazy.

In fact, having come back from Spain, I don't want to scare anyone on here that I'm abandoning my own ship, but I feel very alienated from Jules' sound compared to when I left. It's frightening how much can change in 18 months. Or is it? :unsure:

I feel very alienated from Jules' sound compared to when I left. It's frightening how much can change in 18 months. Or is it? :unsure:

I don't think you're the only one mate. I've lost a lot of faith in Jules over the last 12 months. I just feel that a lot of the tunes he's playing now are very poorly produced and shouldn't be played by someone of Jules's calibre. I'm also frustrated that he doesn't seem to put much emphasis on his set building now. Gone are the days of Jules's long, creative and energetic mixes.

However, I do know that one day, Jules will pull off a stunning set that will remind me of the good old days again - plus i've got so many memories of some stunning sets i've heard from him over the tears - and because of that, Jules will ALWAYS be my favourite all-time DJ from all the years i've listened to dance music.

However, at the moment, Eddie is the man for me, followed by Marcel Woods.

However, I do know that one day, Jules will pull off a stunning set that will remind me of the good old days again - plus i've got so many memories of some stunning sets i've heard from him over the tears - and because of that, Jules will ALWAYS be my favourite all-time DJ from all the years i've listened to dance music.

That's always been the case though, always. I know that the cycle of the year means that great tunes aren't released consistently throughout the year, so you're going to have stagnent moments, but just as you think of packing your bags and going home, he'll suddenly pull out some great tunes - but out of nowhere. It is exceptionally frustrating, but although now we perhaps maybe admire only snippets out of his sets, I cannot let go of the fact that he has been prone to some wonderful 'moments', not least when I was getting into the music some 10 years ago, and I'm determined the Archives will not let people forget! <_<

However, at the moment, Eddie is the man for me.

I'm with you exactly there mate :thumbsup:

I also agree with you what you say about "gone are the days of long energetic mixing" this is sad to say of Jules because I learnt so much about mixing and structuring sets etc just by peristently listening to him etc. Eddie seems to pull of this 'energetic and long mixing' not only that, he does it with so much innovation it truly is fascinating sometimes to watch/hear him do a set!

I'm with you exactly there mate :thumbsup:

I also agree with you what you say about "gone are the days of long energetic mixing" this is sad to say of Jules because I learnt so much about mixing and structuring sets etc just by peristently listening to him etc. Eddie seems to pull of this 'energetic and long mixing' not only that, he does it with so much innovation it truly is fascinating sometimes to watch/hear him do a set!

Exactly mate, and I think that backs up what I was saying in another thread the other day about a lot of old Jules fans have now moved on to Eddie - because Eddie's style now is similar to that of what Jules's was 7/8 years ago.

Eddie has stepped into Jules's shoes so to speak.

That's always been the case though, always. I know that the cycle of the year means that great tunes aren't released consistently throughout the year, so you're going to have stagnent moments, but just as you think of packing your bags and going home, he'll suddenly pull out some great tunes - but out of nowhere.

Yeah, to some extent, he's always had weaker times now and again - but even through those, i've still enjoyed his sets - but now, I just feel disappointed. I've not enjoyed any of his club sets this year at all - they've started well, and then just gone downhill rapidly. Very random mixing and flow, with some shocking tunes thrown in too :(