The Hamilton - Alonso Battle

bigsteve

So is Alonso using dirty tactics now? He, apparently, waited in the pits 10 seconds and thereby making Hamilton queue for new tyres. This caused Hamilton to not have a last Qualifying run.

I can't see any logical reason for McLaren to want this to happen. Good to see Hamilton's comments being careful not to cause an upset, but it was clear what he was trying to say.

Ron has to sort this debacle out for both the driver's sakes. Co mpetition within the team is good, but not under-hand tactics :angry:

Ha, f**king HA!!!!!! :mrgreen: :

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40283

Alonso put back to 6th on the grid!!!!!!!

Fernando Alonso has been demoted to sixth on the Hungarian Grand Prix grid after stewards deemed he "unnecessarily impeded" McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton in Saturday's qualifying.

That is quite possibly THE best decision the stewards have ever made :)

GO HAMILTON B)

Obviously I missed this yesterday but read thru things this morning, very underhanded tactic by Alonso, no idea why he felt the need either, OK so Hamilton was probably gona take pole but to do that & compromise the entire team is apauling.

Should be a good race

Ron Dennis wasn't happy at all. When Hamilton missed out on his final qualifying lap the cameras went to Dennis and he was walking down the pit straight with Alonso's trainer (close friend) and was almost dragging him lol

Heads will roll!

The tactics from Alonso were poor yesterday but not as poor as Button's Honda....sad days

Jenson is wasted in the Honda. It must be time for him to move to a team with better prospects.

He just seems to be holding out year upon year for them to get a decent package together, how a team with such a massive budget can be so poor is a mystery, they always seem to be 6months behind with their development, it must be gauling to se a Super Aguri in front of him in previous races when they are using last years car with half the budget

Typical greasy Spaniard, I wouldn't be surprised to see him block Hamilton deliberately. It all counts later on!

Excuse me Sir, any not-so-good Spanish females should not influence one to the point of having to make acid, stereotypical comments on a nationality you've just been living with for the past year? ;)

Excuse me Sir, any not-so-good Spanish females should not influence one to the point of having to make acid, stereotypical comments on a nationality you've just been living with for the past year? ;)

I was only being amusing matey, and anyway whoever said the Spanish talent is not-so-good!? :P

I saw this today but am I right that Hamilton initially created the pit-lane drama by not pitting before Alonso in the first place, as McLaren had timetabled?

I saw this today but am I right that Hamilton initially created the pit-lane drama by not pitting before Alonso in the first place, as McLaren had timetabled?

Not sure about that, but even if McLaren didn't want to put Alonso out into traffic, he could have exited slowly and waited for the gap to appear.

Raikonnen has been unlucky really as he's always been a quality driver but his previous cars have let him down. I wouldn't mind seeing him win the championship (obviously prefer Hamilton but he'd be second). I dont like Jenson Button to be honest. I think he's a bit full of himself really.

The Hamilton v Alonso one seems to have blown up a bit this week. Lots of talk of bad blood between them. Its a bit odd how McLaren would let this go on. You'd think they'd tell them to belt up :silenced: .

Alonso is clearly spitting his dummy that he's not as good at driving as his team mate. Do you think he is pissed enough to have started those spy accusation stories between McLaren and Ferarri? I reckon that the two people to really watch out for in the future of the sport are Hamilton, of course, and Kubica who seems to be doing pretty well in his rookie season. Uber - I agree with you about JB... he's not got the right mentality for the sport whatsoever whereas Hamilton has the calm, cool and in control approach along with the mentality of 'I own the road'.

Alonso has clearly spit his dummy out. Ron Dennis should have nipped it in the bud, but I suspect that Alonso won't listen to him, because Dennis is clearly going to side with a fellow Brit. Nevertheless, McLaren are paying Alonso's wages and if he wants to leave, good riddance. I'm sure Hamilton would be happy to get on with anyone that has an ounce of decency in them.

I agree with the JB comments above, but I'm sure the guy is very fustrated and I like his honesty. However, he does need to come back down to earth.

• 1 month later...

What an amazing race today. I watched the re-run, which I eventually worked out that ITV had edited. I appreciate that the race was probably quite boring behind the safety car for 20+ laps, but I still would have liked to see it, especially considering it is marketed as a full re-run and not a highlights programme. Presumably because of the Rugby World Cup following it, they had to cut it down. So why not put the re-run on an hour earlier with an episode of The World's Funniest Animals after it which could be pulled if necessary?

Anyway, it was a great race and even funnier to see the Greasy One crash! (Even if I was panicking that it was Hamilton at first.)

Hamilton truly proved he had the qualities of a world champion today and Alonso is going to lose this championship by trying too hard - how mistakes did he make today.

It was a shame for Vettell to make such a silly mistake running in 2nd, but experience is worth its wait in gold. Roll on China... :)

Interesting how Jenson was the only one to say the race shouldn't have happened, whereas before it, he was all dead keen saying he loved the wet. The guy is going down in my estimations :(

Good effort Tom. I think I'll be up early next Sunday.

I always find the Chinese one easier to get up for, that extra hour or so makes all the difference, surprisingly I was wide awake all day at work too. Though I must admit at around 5.45 i was thinking 'what the f*ck, i get up this early & all i get to watch is consecutive parade laps' :lol:

Archived