Crasher 14th B'day

Anyone going to this? Looks a pretty good lineup.

Gatecrasher 14th Birthday

Magna, Sheffield

22nd September

Main Arena

PVD

Jules

Joof

Matt Hardwick

Filo & Perry

Riley & Durrant

Classics Arena

Jules

Scott Bond

JFK

Got my ticket already :thumbsup:

The afterparty (29th Sept) looks pretty good too. Thats in Leeds and has Marco V, SVD, Menno de Jong & Riley & Durrant.

• 1 month later...

By the fact that this topic didn't get much response I guess most on here aren't going to this. It'd be a shame if the attendance didn't match the occasion. Anything less than a sell-out would be dissapointing. The last two large events I've been to have been a bit of a let down.

Here's hoping tomorrow night is a blinder. Well looking forward to Jules' classic set. Thats bound to be a blinder :)

Well I've just woke up from this event after six hours sleep. While it's fresh in my mind I'll write my report.

Arrived at Magna about 10:00 and after a bit of messing about getting in (due to bizzare ticketing policy) we entered the venue about 10:30. Went for a look in the main arena to see Filo & Perry boshing it out so early on in the night. If that was setting the stall for the night then I'm game! They finished their set with the John O'Callaghan mix of 'Anthem'.

I was contemplating ditching the main arena for the classics room after Filo & Perry as Matt Hardwick was to take control and my last few experiences of Matt were very dissapointing. After looking who was playing in the classics room (Foz??) I decided to give Hardwick a try. I have to be honest, he did supprise me and played a reasonably tough set with a minimal amount of the sort of boring (10 minute long synth laden breaks) trance that he his synonymous for.

PVD followed Matt and, as always, played a wicked set. He featured all the usual PVD favorites including 'For an Angel', 'Underworld - Born Slippy', 'Super 8 V DJ Tab - Needs to Feel', 'Carisma -Let Me Show You'. Also played Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl. There were plenty of other tracks but my memory is a bit jaded this morning.

Jules followed PVD in the main arena and thankfully a few people obviously decided it was time for bed and gave me more room to dance in :thumbsup: . Jules was using the loop feature on the CDJ's to full effect during his set. There were some instances when it sounded good, especially when combined with the DJM 800 effects but I do feel sometimes that he kinda over-uses the loop and sometimes looses the moment.

Tracks played by Jules in the main room:

Alya (Danny Nightingale Rmx)

Joop - The Future

Marcel Woods - Lemon Tree

Judge Jules - Laid Bare (Ibiza Trumpet Mix) This track gets better and better everytime. Sounded awesome in a big arena.

After the main arena set finished we followed Jules upstairs for his 1hr classics set. The classics set was set in the most bizzare place I've ever seen. Being set in a derelict steel works Magna is a stange place to have a club event but this 'arena' surpassed any club setting I've ever seen. The room was absolutely mahoosive and the sight of all the old steel making equipment everywhere and the high roof (which was 50-75m high) was odd. I can't really do this room justice with a description. JFK was playing when we arrived. No supprise to know that his mixing was absolute s*** as usual.This bloke must be deaf or something as he doesn't even try and correct his mixing.

Jules played a host of good tracks inc:

Marc et Claude - I Need Your Loving (Dark Moon Rmx)

Voodoo & Serrano - Blood is Pumping

Cosmic Gate - Firewire (LCF Rmx) I'd forgotten how cool this remix sounds. The original is a bit drab but this is bouncy as.

Finished off with Da Hool - Met Her at the Love Parade (Nalin & Kane Rmx)

Bjorn - I saw you but you were far away in the crowd giving it some. I thought I'd probably see you for Jules' classic set but you weren't there! Oh, well... No doubt we'll meet sometime! Maybe one of the Crasher nights in Notts if they get a couple of good line-ups.

You can fill in the gaps on some of Jules' main arena tracks as I can't get my brain in gear and think of any!

A wicked night by any standards! Roll on the 15th B'day!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, Jules finished off in the main room with KSheehan - Soesi Fiction. Good on you lad!

It sounded awesome on a a system of that size. Thats the other thing I mean't to add in my last post actually...

The sound setup in the main arena was very good. Some of the Gods systems have sounded a bit sketchy at previous events. This was very clear and very loud. I'm almost sure Jules cranked it up a notch when he started as my ears certainly took more of a pounding once he got on the decks and there was a definite increase in the level. :rolleyes:

I do have some pic's that I'll try and get up along with three video's for YouTube.

Nice 1 Joel! I missed alll of jules classics set <_< Just after he started they stopped letting people up into that room as it was 'over capacity' . My only gripe of an absoloutly amazing night!! Magna is a awe-dropping venue.

Went to the howard after meeting up with our sizable group, lovely tunage in there..

Headed over magna for about 10.30, no queue straight in to the end of filo & peri...anthem yawn..

Thought matt has good but had impressed me a lot on other days, dropped Megashira which was nice -but i know what u mean Joel - his lengthy melodic trancey tunes with the 10 minute breakdowns get rather boring rather quickly!

Thought PVD was good banging stuff, im not a fan of some of his edits tho - that Riff edit is well shady!

Praiseworthy Tunes made my night, me & Tremor went a tad crazy to that! - pure goosebumps tune, i still absoloutly love it. He also played that Oasis bootleg that armin has been playing - thats just a little bit special that is ;)

Jules i thought was excellent in the main room - mixing was spot on for once & tune selection was good, still really fustrates me by playing really old and overplayed tunes like tom day - whisper... ah well, can't have everything - at least he played alex kunnari - lifter - deffo tune of the moment!

Can't think of many other jules played - there were a few id's im after that my mate recorded on his phone for me, will try & get them up as they were excellent tunes!

Left at the end (6pm) - headed over DQ in sheffield for a lovely after party drinking triple vodka's.... :unsure: went back to a mates gaff to carry on the session at 8.30am & then me and the missus finally got home about 3pm - didn;t sleep until 11pm sunday night!

Really good venue, it was wierd walking out of the smaller rooms into the void of the steelworks, where the second room was - fooking mahooosive is spot on! - felt like you were walking outside! Lighting & sound was spot on - especially the sound - no ringing ears yet it was perfect volume for me!

Saw Gregg in there & was with Nathan (Tremor) for a while - then lost him - i txt u mate but could not find you!

Mint weekend!

Really really good event, crasher pulled it out the bag after the dismal SSS. My only gripes were that the classics room stopped letting ppl in & the huge amount of bottles & cans on the floor - i almost stacked it a couple of times! Althought they had a lovely carpet down in the main room - lovely on the feet that was, haha!

Yeah that carpet must have been absolutely trashed. The bottle situation did get a bit OTT at times. The one thing that made me gag was the amount of people being sick on the floor in the place. Some chick was filling a pint glass with puke during Jules' set.

There must have been a few violent pills knocking about or something as I've never seen that sort of mass throwing up. I think it's absolutely disgusting and so disrespectful to the venue.

Praiseworthy Tunes was another highlight for me. The first beat of this track just stands out like a sore thumb and I'm going for it straight away. Its so bloody hard.

Jules also played E-Craig - The Beat Goes On (Sam Sharp Remix). That was awesome. :)

My night was ruined by crashing my car within 5 mins of setting off for Sheffield.

Thought the night was average really. Although Crasher had put a wicked soundsystem into the main arena. All the sets seemed pretty average and I heard Jules play better in Ibiza.

John 00 Fleming played the set of the night, although by this time i was just wanting to go home.

Good to see Bjorn having it down the front! lol

I had a wicked night personally. Got there at around 11 and Hardwick was on. I wasn't really too impressed by him and never have been so it made sense to check out the venue and try and find out the set times.

I went up to the classics room and as many have said was blown away by the sheer size of the steel works... was such a cool place to have a rave. I also managed to find out the set times from someone with a programme - i never saw these being sold tho. Realising PVD was on in 10 minutes I went back to the main room. I met Bjorn soon after with all his mates and caught up with a few of them whilst raving hard near the front. About 2/3rds of the way through the set I got a bit tired and went for a wonder to the classics and sat on a walkway opposite the dancefloor. From here you were very close to the classics room and could hear it perfectly but it was actually the way to the VIP area and could be accessed from a different staircase from the main entrance lobby (this is where I went to see Jules' classics set when they wouldn't let us up into the actual arena).

Went back for the end of PVD and then Jules who played an awesome set. A few I didn't know in his set that sounded very good. Finally watched most of Jules' classics set. The tune selection was good and it was great to hear York - Reachers of Civilization (one of my all time favourites). The downside was the stark contrast in mixing in this set and the main room set. It just all went to pot. Way too many effects and loops and even scratching up the tunes during the breakdowns etc.. it was pretty cringe worthy at times but people seemed to enjoy it none-the-less and the tune selection at least was good.

Yeah Tremor, your right about his mixing during the classics set. I saw him slugging plenty of Grey Goose Vodka so maybe thats why. He gets a bit carried away with the loop facility at times. His little pull-backs on the vocals during breaks sounded dodgy as at times.

I was stood on that walkway opposite for about 30 min right opposite the decks but the cue for the classics 'dancefloor' vanished so I went over. Jules was trying to get everyone on the bit opposite to dance and doing that sort of puzzled shrug of the shoulders :huh: he always does. Nobody was replying by dancing.

I felt really unsecure on that walkway. I kept thinking of stories you hear about roofs collapsing in clubs etc. It was really bouncy and this big fat bloke was making it even worse. It was the big concrete pipe underneath that s***ting me up. You'd have never got back out again!! :huh:

Archived