Radio 1 new schedule from oct 12th - Are you having a laugh???!!!!

JasonB

Just noticed this and Im disgusted!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/schedule/oct2007_schedule.shtml

Jules moving to 1am saturday mornings! WHAT!!! and dance anthems will be on before him at 11pm after annie mac! why the ruddy hell!

They are making fridays dance music day well evening at least and saturday all black music! so fab & groove move from being on a friday for ruddy years to saturday/sunday morning and rob da bank gets 4 hours ina row!

and where have the trophies gone? why were they given two mornings in a row in the firts place to replace the blue room?

is it a case of mistakes were made and parfitts now trying to rectify or just confuse people

This is yet more reason why I wont bother will radio 1 anymore listening live wise, its all going to pot massively.

Theres always listen again I spose!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is f***ing shocking.

What is going on? Im speechless to be honest, i really can't see the thinking behind that change. I think i too will probably stop listening to Radio1 live all together now...

It is an awful schedule, really don't know why they feel the need to move Jules to this slot. It'll mean pre-records virtually every week. Only positive that could come would be more live broadcasts & hopefully a ditching of his cheesy first hour. Surely there is now no need to take into account the audience transition as they're all gona be tuned specially for dance music?

if it goes back to how the show used to be then i'm all for it...i.e blistering mixing and some of the proper tracks that he plays out. Cut all the Cut Up Boys bollocks and what not out. Just good tunes, good mixing, then lets do it. HOWEVER! Treveor Nelson providing the weekend warmup? what a joke? just goes to show how deluded some people are in thinking Urban is the new house.

if he takes the show on the road again then great!

This HAS to be the case, surely :confused: If not, then I give Jules a year before he decides enough is enough. He has been shoved around all over the place and put up with awful producers. Didn't his last producer encourage more audience participation? Well thats out the window now as he won't do a live show in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Maybe more people listen again now and not live? Maybe that was the thinking behind it all?

I'm not sure that the emix after him is a good idea. I can't imagine that it will get many live listens in that slot.

tbh, I don't listen to Jules's R1 show much anyway now, so it doesn't really bother me. However, if this gives Jules more scope to play what he wants to, I'm all for it. Time will tell...

Yeah I don't listen to many of Jules' shows either. I try and 'Listen Again' when I can but thats not always possible. I would defo listen more (and record more) if were were supplied with some live shows.

If I'm honest, I can't see Radio 1 allowing Jules to do many live shows as no other DJ's that hold slots outside peak hours do so. Radio 1 seems to make such a big deal of their live events now with weekday shows building up to it & coming live from that venue etc. I simply don't see them allowing him to 'go live' often as it just doesn't seem to be the stations policy anymore :( . They seem to be more focused on a few big events i.e. 'One Live in.....'

hmm will be interesting to get everone's view on this. Initially I am gutted to see jules saturday warmup will be no more, that show has been goin for years now and its a real shame that dance has been pushed into the early hours of friday mainly and saturday seems to be all "urban". That said, this is the first time I think I've seen shows placed in a more logical order, ie we wont have the issue with trevor nelson leading into jules and then to westwood with jules trying to make a transition between the 2 very different styles at both ends of his show. Maybe now we will finally get back to jules playing his more bangin style in his later show on the friday night but then again his style has changed in itself anyway since the days of the old friday shows.

It wont bother me much where the shows fit in the schedule now as i rarely ever listen to live radio, its always listen again when I can. So for me I just hope that these reschedulings will give the dance DJs the freedom to be true to their own styles and not have to fit in to conform with more daytime slot material. I do think that moving dance anthems is a mistake though. It wont be the same as when it rounded off the weekend on a sunday night. I almost think that they should have either left it where it was or they should now just have 'Dave Pearce' in the listings and ditch the dance anthems name. I mean is he really gonna be playing radio edits of commercial dance tracks for most of the show and have the dance anthem selector etc etc at 11 on a friday.. i cant keep the same format surely. Would be good to hear dave play more upfront trance etc but he does do dance anthems well and i think it will be sad to see it go from the sunday slot.

Throwing in Annie Mac at 9pm on Friday night in between Tong and Dance Anthems.... I'm not sure about this!

Everything on that Friday night is on a touch too late - but remove her and you have:

Tong at 7

Dangerous at 9

Jules at 11pm

E-mix at 1am

Annie Nightingale at 3am

Which I don't think is that bad at all. Annic Mac already has 3 hours on a Sunday....

I like how dance is all on one night, but Jules is just on way too late and that is the only problem I have with it really. Tim's schedule is much better.

As this night launches on 12th October, I had a gander to see where he's playing that night:

United Kingdom of Dance Weekender, Butlins Bognor Regis England

Slinky, Liquid Portsmouth www.slinky.co.uk England

Presumably the Butlins one is an all-nighter, so Jules will play something silly like 5-6. There's not much milegae between the 2 venues, so he just COULD do a live set 1-3 from Slinky. Sorry, I'll wake myself up from my dream..... :P

Looking further forward a week he has 2 dates (Oxford and Turnmills) again a possible live show, but then after that he's in USA. There's the first deffo recorded show

Another thought - what happens when next summer comes around? ie Global, Ibiza, etc. Does Black Music Staurday get binned? Or have R1 given up on live coverage completely?

I think the harsh reality is that urban music is now more popular than dance music. Couple this with Listen Again and R1 have made the right decision to boost listener numbers. Not that that helps us.

I think the harsh reality is that urban music is now more popular than dance music. Couple this with Listen Again and R1 have made the right decision to boost listener numbers. Not that that helps us.

I'm not surprised, it is due to all this "Tech-trance" and "Electro-house" nonsense which is popular at the moment. :angry::angry::angry:

Archived