Radio 1 new schedule from oct 12th - Are you having a laugh???!!!!

JasonB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason Annie Mac is there on a friday, in my opinion, is to add variation. If they'd put Eddie there instead, then it would have been 6 hours of Trance with Eddie, Pearce and Jules.

Instead, they've put Annie Mac in who is different from all of the other DJ's - she brings something different. With Jules being the most versatile of all the DJ's, it makes sense for him to be on before the Essential Mix because he'll adapt his set to work towards the DJ on the Essential Mix. For example, if its Roger Sanchez on the E-Mix, then Jules will work towards House, if its Armin, then Jules will work towards Trance - and if its Dave Clarke, then Jules will end towards Techno. It makes sense really.

I still think this is the best dance shake-up since Jules lost his Friday show and Rampling left his Saturday show. That was when the dance shows went downhill, and they've continued to go downhill ever since. Hopefully this will finally make the dance schedule good again :D

I think Kissy Sell-Out should be where annie mac is. I've been listening to his new In NEw DJ's... show when its on and he is very good. He might not be the best mixer around but he plays some good tunes, he's also got personality too!

The problem is that no-one will be in to actually listen unless you're a] skint b] a billy-no-mates or c] a truck driver. The quality of R1's listen again isn't really good enough yet so won't be tuning in via that!

My feelings exactly. I won't be around to listen to his show.

I recently bought an Iriver H10 mp3 player that has an FM tuner which also records too so l will probably do that as it also has timer settings.

From this weeks jj.net diary:

As many of you will have heard, my biggest news this week is that from October 12th my Radio 1 show moves to a new time of 1am on Friday nights/Saturday mornings. The station is blocking all its dance output together on Fridays, with its urban programming being grouped together on Saturdays. On the one hand I’ll miss my ten years of presenting on Saturday nights. However I can fully see the logic of the schedule change and look forward to putting together a show that’s musically more representative of the sound I’m playing in the clubs.

Fairly put from Jules.

Also Mr Christian Hann informed me from Adam's (Dormouse) visit to the R1 studio's last week it also gives opportunity for Jules to spend more time with his family.

That diary extract is v.well said - Jules is always one for words :lol:

Also Mr Christian Hann informed me from Adam's (Dormouse) visit to the R1 studio's last week it also gives opportunity for Jules to spend more time with his family.

Yeah Jules seemed to be Ok with it really, although his producer (Tom) did seem to have some crap ideas for the show, which Jules was verbally "batting away"!!!

Yeah Jules seemed to be Ok with it really, although his producer (Tom) did seem to have some crap ideas for the show, which Jules was verbally "batting away"!!!

I don't see why the dance shows need any input and ideas from producers. Simply let the dance DJ's play dance music, as they would in clubs, in the way that we want to hear it.

If I want cheesy gimmicks, competitions and phone-ins, i'd listen to Chris Moyles's show.

The dance shows are aimed at a specific audience, so why can't they just give us that specific music that we've tuned in for - especially now that Dance Anthems is on before Jules's show. The competitions and listener interactivity can be kept for that show instead.