2002-03-09 - Judge Jules, Studio Session (10-minute mix)

Neuro

2002-03-09 - Judge Jules, Studio Session (10-minute mix)

View File

BBC Radio 1

Saturday, 9th March 2002

5:10pm - 5:20pm

10 Minute Mix

01. Alive feat. DD Kline - 'Alive' [serious]

02. Tony Thomas - 'Where's My Pipe?' [soma]

03. KR Dubs - 'Rachel's Song' (Club Mix) [Touchdown]

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/03/2007
  • Category

• 3 weeks later...

steve: nop, not the Luke Terry track.

Jules caned it quite a bit about a year ago i think.. it was a white label which never had a proper release, due to problems getting the sample cleared...

It kinda reminds me of the infamous Gladiator track from the good old 2001... man, would i love to get a copy of that version Jules played at Qontact that year... biggest trance bootleg ever made... in my world :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe stretching the pigeon-holeing of genres a little but here is a great example of a mix that containing House, Techno, and Trance, all in one mix. Only Jules could do this within 10 minutes :sweatingbullets:

Still a good mix.

But doesn't that Fridge tune actually sample a Future sound of London track in the first place?

Quite possibly. You have probably out-knowledged me here! I knew I recognised the sample from somewhere but to me the oldest track I know with that sample is the Fridge tune. I did think as I was posting that reply that it was highly possible the Fridge tune also used a sample. I dont know the track in question. Future Sound of London was a bit before my time.

I'll try and find that FSOL track..

I can't find a clip of this Rachels song anywhere?

D/L this now. :)

the cool thing is I'm sitting in bed atm and listening the Fridge - Paradise before I get up. What a way to start the day. Thanks Apple for helping me achieve this :) :) ;)

Quite possibly. You have probably out-knowledged me here! I knew I recognised the sample from somewhere but to me the oldest track I know with that sample is the Fridge tune. I did think as I was posting that reply that it was highly possible the Fridge tune also used a sample. I dont know the track in question. Future Sound of London was a bit before my time.

Right, did a bit of digging on this. I'd no idea at all. Seems Cheese (I've only just copped on who you with the name change are by the way, was wondering where you'd got to), you are right to an extent, FSOL did sample it on My Kingdom from 1996, but the original sample comes from Vangelis' Blade Runner Soundtrack, called Rachels song from 1982 (the year I was born, shudder).

Near the end

Oh .. Er .. Yeah,I knew that, ;)

How did the Penny drop MBK ?

Tbh I thought it was so obvious I only told people who PM'd me. :)

I was just about to play my FSOL cd and come back here, so at least I've been spared an evening of sound lucidity.

On another note I really love Fridge tunes really really love.

Oh .. Er .. Yeah,I knew that, ;)

How did the Penny drop MBK ?

Tbh I thought it was so obvious I only told people who PM'd me. :)

I was just about to play my FSOL cd and come back here, so at least I've been spared an evening of sound lucidity.

On another note I really love Fridge tunes really really love.

It was in one of these threads. Someone had quoted you, and it came up as No2, when I looked up the page I saw Cheese beside the text! Then my wee brain clicked into gear. To be honest, I was wondering how I hadn't noticed Cheese as much before with so many posts! I am blonde though, so that's my excuse. :whistling:

Yeah, I love Fridge. Got Paradise on an old Red Alert vinyl way back. Made it my mission seek it out, as it was the stand out tune on a Paul Oakenfold Essential Mix (also a magical set, Sydney beach I think).

• 2 years later...