2001-09-15 - Judge Jules, Studio Session (September 11 Special)

Neuro

2001-09-15 - Judge Jules, Studio Session (September 11 Special)

View File

BBC Radio 1

Saturday, 15th September 2001

5:00pm - 7:00pm

Special Mix-orientated Show In Memory Of Those Affected By September 11 Events

01. Iio - 'Rapture' (J Creamer & Stephane K Mix) [Data]

02. G Club pres. Banda Sonora - 'Guitarra G' [Defected]

03. Silicone Soul - 'Right On, Right On' [soma/VC]

04. Mathias Schaffhäuser- 'Hey Little Girl' (Blue Mix) [supastar]

05. Salt Tank feat. Neve - 'Eugina (I Want To Be Free)' (Unreleased Club Mix) [Hooj Choons/Lost Language]

06. Skip Raiders - 'En Aranjuez Con Tu Amor' (Funk-Nation Mix) [white label: SKIP 1]

07. PPK - 'Resurrection' (Space Club Mix) [Perfecto]

08. Angelic - 'Stay With Me' (Original Mix) [serious]

09. Arthur Baker & Meat Katie vs. Rockers Revenge - 'Rockin On Sunshine' (Vocal) [Kingsize]

10. Slymixer - 'Remember Camels' [white label: SLMX001]

11. Push - 'The Legacy' [inferno]

Judge Jules' Tried & Tested

12. Logo - 'Don't Panic' (The Green Martian Remix) [Manifesto]

13. Junior Jack - 'Thrill Me' [PIAS]

14. Side FX - 'Feel The Beat' [Le Petit Prince]

15. Motivation - 'Para Mi' (Silvio Ecomo Remix) [Definitive]

16. Motivation - 'Para Mi' (Intrique Deep Bass Attack) [Definitive]

17. Freak Machine - 'Fantasy' [Tidy Trax]

18. DJ Garry - 'Dream Universe' (Blue Square Mix) [Xtravaganza]

19. Body-Shock - 'Mars - Plastic' [Bonzai Records]

20. The Lounge - 'Shades' [Bonzai Records]

21. DJ Tiësto - 'Suburban Train' [black Hole]

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/06/2007
  • Category

I've got most of this on cassette tape. My favs are:

Body Shock- "Mars" ( l will always think of this one as being "Rain in the City"

Angelic "Stay with Me"

Logo "Don't Panic"

both versions of Motivation "Para Mi"

Always remember feeling very nervous about flying to Australia as l flew out there only 8 days after Sept 11th which was very nerve racking. :ninja:

Edited by Chrissie Brown

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for uploading this,

I only found this site last week and wish id found it alot bloody sooner.

Just listening now, First time ive heard Push- Legacy for along time, I remeber Jules playing this at crasher a few weeks after this set and it was a real 'hair on the back of the neck' moment.

If anybody is interested i have the following sets on my laptop that i could upload if i was told how to..

Radio 1 comic Relief - Round 1 Jules vrs FAT BOY SLIM.( a bit different from the usual i know but a good listen!!)

And The last Friday night live set from Durham Uni i think??

Both on Mp3 and MiniDisc

Tim

• 7 months later...

05. Salt Tank feat. Neve - 'Eugina (I Want To Be Free)' (Unreleased Club Mix) [Hooj Choons/Lost Language]

This is an interesting one because this particular mix is very rare indeed. It's only available on the vinyl test pressing here and possesses the catalog number LOST 09. Interestingly, when Lost Language put their entire back catalogue up for download, the LOST 09 digital release has a completely different "Club Mix" which sounds nothing like the special promo they put out some 6 years earlier.

• 7 months later...

Angelic "Stay With Me" is a cracker ain't it. This was easily their best single i though. It's pure rush material. Darren Tate really had a knack at making these euphoric trancers.

Of course, Motivation "Para Mi" would still sound fresh on a dance floor today.

Para Mi is good but I don't really like that Angelic tune much, much prefer it's my turn!! I think the singing is Naff in stay with me!! and that beepy sound! :ill: Anyway, each to their own I guess!

if there was a dub it would be better. I think as an instrumental, its a cracker!

if there was a dub it would be better. I think as an instrumental, its a cracker!

I'm pretty sure Jules played an instrumental version of 'Stay With Me' at one ocasion, not sure when and where though, but if you dig deep enough in the archives, it should be possible to find the set or at least the tracklist.

I might be mistaken though... I know there have been instrumental versions of some of Angelic's other tunes, so I might be mixing up the tunes (and not in the good way :)).

• 3 months later...

it's strange but throughout that week i heard quite a bit of radio 1. even mark and lard breaking the news of the attacks on the tuesday. plus this very show, haven't heard it since until now. thanks so much for this show and all the other classic jules shows on here. i have quite a few old shows around on my external harddrive and on mp3 disc that i started recording from 2004 onwards. i'll have to get some on here soon!

by the way, could anyone point me in the direction of the dance anthems show from the following day? not jules related i know, but it would be good to hear again.

Edited by lyndon

• 8 months later...

Anybody know that 'Rockin On Sunshine' bootleg played in this show? It's the only track in the entire tracklisting not yet ID'd....

I had this show on again earlier. I will always associate that Body-Shock track with September 11, for some reason. A very emotive track and never released digitally by Bonzai.

One night a few years ago, I heard this show for the first time. I was sitting in front of my PC, listening with my headphones on, and somehow this saturday show took me back in time, stirring up all the emotions from and thoughts.... and one particular track stood out for me; 'Hey Little Girl' (Blue Mix) by Mathias Schaffhäuser. So moody and so different compared to the rest.

This is definately a show worth listening to!

Tim: on topic... did a little research, and it turns out that "Rockin' On Sunshine"... is this: http://www.discogs.com/Arthur-Baker-Meat-Katie-vs-Rockers-Revenge-Rockin-On-Sunshine/release/73367

mp3 sample (from the album 'Arthur Baker - Breakin'')

• 3 weeks later...

I had this show on again earlier. I will always associate that Body-Shock track with September 11, for some reason. A very emotive track and never released digitally by Bonzai.

19. Body-Shock - 'Mars - Plastic' [bonzai]

Agree sir I do love this track. A disturbing tune cos in the middle when it goes all mystical - perfectly suited for the immediate post 9/11 shock......... :mellow:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

this show is worth a bump for newer members who haven't heard it.

been listening to this again over the past few days on the ipod, getting me through some difficult times. that mathias schaffhäuser track has kind of grown on me, didn't really notice it the first time round.

Para Mi is good but I don't really like that Angelic tune much, much prefer it's my turn!! I think the singing is Naff in stay with me!! and that beepy sound! :ill: Anyway, each to their own I guess!

Jules has played the instrumental version, think it was at one of his outdoor festivals for R1, l'll try and find it.

this show is worth a bump for newer members who haven't heard it.

been listening to this again over the past few days on the ipod, getting me through some difficult times. that mathias schaffhäuser track has kind of grown on me, didn't really notice it the first time round.

This track (Hey Little Girl) was played out of the blue by Jules on this show and he even mentioned the following week that after playing it he got a bagload of emails commending how fitting the choice of track was - it really did sum up the mood of 9/11 which occurred only a few days earlier.

I'm so pleased I recorded all this show,. It's a sad one, but one that still means a lot today.

• 5 months later...

This is still one of the most goosebumping shows ever to be broadcasted by Jules, in my opinion anyway...

The immense tune selection and the obvious moody emotions surfacing when listening to this show just hurls me into a bittersweet rapture.

"Hey hey... When everything goes wrong, sometimes it makes no sense..." Just sums it up so good.

• 4 weeks later...

Believe it or not, a tracklisting correction!

06. Tu Amour - 'Tu Amour' [Perfecto]

06. Skip Raiders - 'En Aranjuez Con Tu Amor' (Funk-Nation Mix) [white label: SKIP 1]

This is still incredibly rare. I've no idea why it was never released, nor where we picked up this was coming out on Perfecto, as I cannot find anything more about it.

• 1 year later...