Jules August Mix

lennox2s2s

Jules August 07 mix

01. David Glyn – ‘Disco Warp’ (White Label)

02. Dubfire – ‘Roadkill’(Breakfast remix)(Electronic Elements)

03. Paul Morrell – ‘Lights Off’ (White Label)

04. Richard Durand – ‘We’re Here To Rock Any Time’ (White Label)

05. Ayla - 'Ayla'(Danny Nightingale Remix) (White Label)

06. ID - Go Straight (White Label)

07. Alex Kunnari – ‘Lifter’ (White Label)

08. Tom Day - 'Whisper'(Kitschy Records)

09. Mojado - Kaktus (Nick Callaghan's Riffin Mix) (White Label)

10. Ali Wilson & Martin Begley - Solstice (Lock n Load Remix) (Tekelec Records)

11. Gossip – Standing In The Way Of Control (Judge Jules Trance Mix) (White Label)

12. Bart Claessen - First Light (1st Play Remix) (Yakuza)

13. Judge Jules - Laid Bare (Ibiza Trumpet Mix) (White Label)

14. K Sheehan – ‘Horizon Session’ (White Label)

15. Vincent De Moor – ‘Fly Away’ [Cosmic Gate mix] (New State)

16. Marcel Woods – ‘Lemon Tree’ (High Contrast)

17. Peter Gelderblom - Waiting 4 (Genix Remix) (Data Records Promo)

I don't see why this is so highly rated at the moment. I think its very over-rated :(

I don't like this either. It was great in its original form, but can't see the point in the new vocal. Jules never supported the original, but for some reason, he seems to like this version.

i try to do the Trackist in Jules board sorry forgot to upload it here ..hope somebody can id the tune number 6

06. ID - Go Straight (White Label)

hope all the others are good trackliste-d i really want o do every time my best ;):lol:

Jules hasnt seemed to support much of Durand's material up to recently.

Why now??

By any means its not a great tune, rather annoying vocal.

Well, I guess Jules may have played before/after him at a gig recently and started to get quite chatty with him - and since then, he's started to support his tunes.

One thing that has frustrated me over the years is that Jules has supported tunes simply because he's pally-pally with the producer, even though the tunes are quite weak. Michael Woods is a fine example - Jules has supported every tune of his, even though some have been fairly weak.

Then there are supurb producers that Jules chooses not to support such as John O'Callaghan, Vascotia, Sean Tyas, etc.

Its a bit baffling really.

Supporting himself is quite obvious when your as big a household or even to an extent a 'brand' like Judge Jules is.

I suppose some tunes may just slip through the net as discussed previously with Jules having people listen to the tonnes of tunes he receives and telling him to 'play this'.

Briggsy mate - what about Fabio Stein? He didn't really know him before did he and then came Tran-4 and then a whole ream of tunes...

Briggsy mate - what about Fabio Stein? He didn't really know him before did he and then came Tran-4 and then a whole ream of tunes...

Yeah Fabio Stein was someone he just took a shine too, as with a few other artists he's supported. I'm not saying he's mega friendly with the "regulars" he supports, but I think there are the odd one or two that Jules is friendly with and hasn't got the heart to say "actually mate, in all honesty, I don't think this track is as strong as your other tunes".

I think you're kinda wrong there Briggsy mate. I think jules would def not play a tune if he didnt like it.. theres no way he'd play a tune if he didnt like it personally - why would he bother?? He even said this in an interview a few years ago for some DVD (cant remember the name now)

i think if he likes it, he likes it and he'll play it. I did read somewhere though that for the radio, he does play certain records that he knows will be big and will support them via is radio show. I think the example he used when he said this was Fedde Le Grand "Put Your Hands Up". A tune he was not particularly keen on but played on the radio anyway, i suppose to keep the listeners happy or to appeal to the more commercial peeps out there,

played on the radio anyway, i suppose to keep the listeners happy or to appeal to the more commercial peeps out there,

Let's hope this is not the case now with the new schedule (something I very much doubt ;)) :)

Following the above ^ and in particular with Michael Woods, I often find myself doing so with getting music tracks and playing stuff, if I like what an artist 'has' produced in the past, I am likely to search for other material they have done (even under different guises) and play that.

Jules supported both Richard Durand's "Make Me Scream" and "Ricochet" by playing both tunes many times on his shows and in his monthly mixes.

I'm a big fan of Michael Woods productions but didn't like "So Special" (the one he did with Jules) and l must admit some of his tunes do sound same-ish but l still like most of them.

Agree with that Chrissie, and I think it is with that same'ish' sound of Woods that I always like his tracks. His basslines and drum-claps are always very similar in most tracks and they are always phatt - I love mixing them.

To give you some sorta of idea on what I mean, those who own a full club mix of Warrior - If You Want Me and 'Solex' listen to the first 32 beats and then comes in the 'whack' ;)

Michael Jackson btw also has some 'phatt' claps in his tracks (boy could he produce some awesome drum beats to his songs). Check out 'Bad' and 'Dangerous' :mrgreen:

Question Do you play songs in a set you don't like because of how well they've been generally received? And likewise would you play a relatively unknown song because you love it?

Answer

Jules response Every year there are a handful of dance releases that I’ll support on the radio because I can see that they’ll be absolutely huge, even though I’m not personally too keen. A good recent example was Fedde Le Grand’s ‘Put your hands up for Detroit’. In the clubs I’d ever play anything unless I loved it. As regards supporting unknown tracks, I do this every week- At least half of what I play is made in small studios by up and coming producers.

i knew i read it somewhere. It on the djing tips bit of his own website.

I don't see why this is so highly rated at the moment. I think its very over-rated :(

its all about the EDX At Night Acapulco Remix mate, go check it on Audiojelly...

Failing that, the Orig is good enough!

Im not keen on the Breakfast remix at all!

cheers ksheehan finally full august tracklist :P

Jules August 07 mix

01. David Glyn – ‘Disco Warp’ (White Label)

03. Paul Morrell – ‘Lights Off’ (White Label)

05. Ayla - 'Ayla'(Danny Nightingale Remix) (White Label)

06. Tocs - 2 (Scot Project Remix 1) (Druck Records 19)

07. Alex Kunnari – ‘Lifter’ (White Label)

08. Tom Day - 'Whisper'(Kitschy Records)

09. Mojado - Kaktus (Nick Callaghan's Riffin Mix) (White Label)

10. Ali Wilson & Martin Begley - Solstice (Lock n Load Remix) (Tekelec Records)

11. Gossip – Standing In The Way Of Control (Judge Jules Trance Mix) (White Label)

12. Bart Claessen - First Light (1st Play Remix) (Yakuza)

13. Judge Jules - Laid Bare (Ibiza Trumpet Mix) (White Label)

14. K Sheehan – ‘Horizon Session’ (White Label)

15. Vincent De Moor – ‘Fly Away’ [Cosmic Gate mix] (New State)

16. Marcel Woods – ‘Lemon Tree’ (High Contrast)

17. Peter Gelderblom - Waiting 4 (Genix Remix) (Data Records Promo)

Archived