Razorlight - 'Las Americas

Marty Mayes

need to agree to i bet 100 porcent is jules made is his stille off up yer ronson and he sayed in bbc show lets call it unknown remix verry confuset ? <_< i bet jules remix ore a new bootleg version made off judge jules himself <_<

Maybe i didnt listen 2 this properly il need a second listen then if u guy's are slating it. It must b s***

No way, form your own opinion mate after a second listening - but if you like it, be proud and like it!

Every tune titillates a person in a different way ^_^

No way, form your own opinion mate after a second listening - but if you like it, be proud and like it!

Every tune titillates a person in a different way ^_^

to right! i like the Up Yer Ronson bootleg which no one else did. I still do like that actually. i'll need to hear this, i had a Hoxton Whores bootleg of "America" which was quite good.

Having not heard this yet I'm intrigued, what is it exactly? A poor effort at a bootleg of Razorlight 'America'?

Yeah pretty much mate. As Traill said though, everyone has their opinions. What one person thinks is gash is another person's tune of the year.

I felt the sample didn't fit the rest of the tune though and the volume between the sample and the main tune sounded noticably different. It sounded very poorly produced to me.

after goin onto the listen again player and skipping through to 01:50mins of the show and after my second listen i gotta say i do like this track guy's i think in a club it would sound great B)

I think it sound's very like Mog aka Krowd Killas from belfast and he does rip off all the big hits so it cud well b him if it's not jules....?

No i just listened to that, that HAS to be a Jules Bootleg. It's near identical to the Up Yer Ronson one, only that was lots better. In fact, i'd even put money on Jules having something to do with it...i.e Razorlight "Las Merica" (Judge Jules Bootleg Mix)...

After hearing it properly on the radio rather than listen-again, i've decided its not so bad after all.

i recorded the show and was listening to it whilst getting ready and this came on. The other (casual dance listeners) amongst our little group liked this. I have to say, on second listen, i quite like it. Again, not as good as Up Yer Ronson but still good all the same.

after goin onto the listen again player and skipping through to 01:50mins of the show and after my second listen i gotta say i do like this track guy's i think in a club it would sound great B)

Jules played this at Slinky. Sorry it doesn't do anything for me. We seem to have been somewhat flooded with these remixes i.e. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars, Killers - Mr. Brightside etc. I don't like any of them to be frank. Absolute chav magnets. It induces what we call the "I know this song" reaction. Hands in the air and sing along time. No thanks.

Like you say, some people like love them, others (me!) hate them.

Speed of sound was an exception to this but that track almost sounds as if it's the original rather than a remix of a pop music record with a big dirty bass laden beat under it. The SVD remix of Arctic Monkeys was also very good (ok, so I dont hate them ALL!!).

Jules played this at Slinky. Sorry it doesn't do anything for me. We seem to have been somewhat flooded with these remixes i.e. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars, Killers - Mr. Brightside etc. I don't like any of them to be frank. Absolute chav magnets. It induces what we call the "I know this song" reaction. Hands in the air and sing along time. No thanks.

Like you say, some people like love them, others (me!) hate them.

Speed of sound was an exception to this but that track almost sounds as if it's the original rather than a remix of a pop music record with a big dirty bass laden beat under it. The SVD remix of Arctic Monkeys was also very good (ok, so I dont hate them ALL!!).

Complete agreement here. It does seem like whacking a vocal on from a chart track invokes an "I know this song" reaction.

Regarding Bootleg mash ups, I like what I like and hate what i don't (surprisingly enough). I don't like 'new' rock music that much anymore.

Jules played a remix of Republica's "Ready To Go" at the beginning of his Judgment Ibiza set on the R1 weekend, which is a good one. Sander van Doorn's are usually good as well. SOS etc. I hated 'Waiting For' after hearing it a million times on holiday, but hearing it now, it just reminds me of having a good time on holiday.

Jules played a remix of Republica's "Ready To Go" at the beginning of his Judgment Ibiza set on the R1 weekend, which is a good one.

Tomcraft vs Republica 'Ready to Go'

It's out on audiojelly on Captivating Sounds mate.

Doesn't really do anything for me but it seems quite popular

Archived