Please read - (all members)

Neuro

We hope you have been enjoying and making use of our downloads system that's taken many hours and painstaking effort to put in place and upload the content. There are over 150 more files still to be added to this, which I am doing at the moment, but in the meantime I do ask for feedback on what you download. Do keep checking back from time to time as well, because the adding of files will be forever ongoing as we accumulate a formidable archive.

If you download a mix, don't just leech it, but visit its Support Topic in the forums and let people know what you thought of it, so we build up a thread of constructive criticism or praise about it. We're not talking essays here, just a one-liner will do!

So positive or negative, if you take the time to get audio from this site, please also take the time to give something back :)

Cheers

JJA Team

PS If you have any audio you want to submit, we'd love to hear from you. Submit it online here!

• Like 1

Any downloads I grab I always make time to comment, good or bad. Only trouble I have is with all the mp3 downloads I have to purchase for my own sets I don't have the disc space to download as many sets anymore without compromising performance

• 2 weeks later...

soon. im extremely busy with school at the mo, and Metroid Prime 3 is released on friday... ehm :)

as Kyle Reese would say... "Theres not much time left in the world..."..

Anyhow.. i'll add whatever i can manage over the weekend and in next week. Starting with the Friday sets :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It took my a while to find this post.....could the rules on how many posts you need before you can download be made a bit clearer and more visible to new members please?

Thank you

GE

If I don't login I get:

You must be logged onto the board and have already posted on the forums in order to view or download any audio listed on our system.

Seems pretty clear to me, sire! ;)

Personally I think people should have to post more. So 1 post = 1 download credit. Anyone agree with me?

well yeah it's certainly nice to get to know some of these people and have them get involved and contribute to the comunity on here. I'd be interested to know how many users join and just make the minimum number of posts required and then download to their hearts content. I guess they are welcome to do so but why not get involved in the board I say. We are all friendly enough Im sure.

Personally I think people should have to post more. So 1 post = 1 download credit. Anyone agree with me?

Yes I do, in fact I've said so before, only because I feel they could then at least just feedback on whatever they've downloaded and maybe even say cheers, afterall people have taken alot of time and effort to initially record a show, keep it for years, get it uploaded, sort the tracklist out etc etc.

Yes I do, in fact I've said so before, only because I feel they could then at least just feedback on whatever they've downloaded and maybe even say cheers, afterall people have taken alot of time and effort to initially record a show, keep it for years, get it uploaded, sort the tracklist out etc etc.

It is easier to just set it up so members must have 50 posts before they can start downloading off the site.

No coz then you 'll get 50 post in one day from a new member saying, just posting so I can download, same again, hello, hello, hello blah blah, blah , etc etc :rolleyes: then never hear a thing from them again, as some people literally are only after the one 'memorable to them ' JJ set or show to begin with, when they first get here.

BETCHA!

No coz then you 'll get 50 post in one day from a new member saying, just posting so I can download, same again, hello, hello, hello blah blah, blah , etc etc :rolleyes: then never hear a thing from them again, as some people literally are only after the one 'memorable to them ' JJ set or show to begin with, when they first get here.

BETCHA!

Then the mods ban the member for trolling.

One post one download will have the same result.

Password protect the audio section and then provide regular members with access?

I'll have a re-think this weekend as yet another person has asked "how many posts do I need to download", so I think we'll change the "1 post" access criteria....

I thought the error messages were quite clear but apparently not, so I'll be rewording them for clarity as well :)

Yeah but it is quite nice to just help out someone who has lost the 'infamous' Jules set they used to love, and would melt to hear again. :D and it's nice to hear about it when they do. They might not necessarily wanna become a regular forum member, some people don't like message boards, but at least they could say thanx.

Yeah but it is quite nice to just help out someone who has lost the 'infamous' Jules set they used to love, and would melt to hear again. :D and it's nice to hear about it when they do. They might not necessarily wanna become a regular forum member, some people don't like message boards, but at least they could say thanx.

I must admit that's my personal view on it aswell.

The idea with 50posts before downloading won't amount to anything but spam, since not everyone is interested in being part of a community as a regular member.

It would be nice though, if people posted a Thanks/Awesome/Nice1 Bruva! or something similiar if they snagged some audio.

Even better if they could contribute with missing ID's, a flyer, info about the event, a nostalgic funfact or other info that would be interesting for the other members to read.

I just re-read the message new members are presented with when they try to download audio without having posted first, and I must admit I don't see why people are in doubt that they need to post once (1)!... but again, not many people read the disclaimer or terms of agreement when they install a new piece of software. They just tick the box saying "Yes, I agree to all terms" and click install :)

• 2 months later...

I have only just joined, but this looks like it is going to be an amazing archive of a lot of live sets that I have been to years ago. I'm sure it will bring back hazy memories. I am so glad I found it as I was only trying to find a rare track on the internet somewhere and ended up here! I just really want to download a particular essential mix, but it wont let me as I dont have enough posts yet!!!! I understand what they are trying to do , by getting everyone to post feedback, but how can you post feedback on download before you have downloaded anything?????????? A chicken and Egg situation

• Like 1

I have only just joined, but this looks like it is going to be an amazing archive of a lot of live sets that I have been to years ago. I'm sure it will bring back hazy memories. I am so glad I found it as I was only trying to find a rare track on the internet somewhere and ended up here! I just really want to download a particular essential mix, but it wont let me as I dont have enough posts yet!!!! I understand what they are trying to do , by getting everyone to post feedback, but how can you post feedback on download before you have downloaded anything?????????? A chicken and Egg situation

Welcome to the board, it's always nice to meet another cratedigger :)

If i remember correctly, you just need to post once (which you now have done), then you can download whatever you want.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am new to this whole forum thing and am actually quite shy, even in anonymity on the net, about being vocal in a community. I'm not at the moment au fait with downloads/uploads, so I'm in agreement with number2fan,fuzzylogics stance. Like Jonny5isalive I came accross this site by chance trying to find a (to me)rare track.

In the 90's I used to tape PT/JJ and dump down tracks for the car -often buying them on release. But - heinous crime!! I didn't always leave the credits on so some tracks remain anonymous. Besides my homemade compilations I've a couple of mixes from the early 00's -not deduced from when yet.

Anyhow, site looks brill and am amazed it appears to have been around since 05!