Happy Birthday

Wakey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it your birthday Justin? If so Happy "Belated" Birthday

Sorry Chrissie no it wasnt - i saw a programme on identity theft and got paranoid on how much info i put into sites like myspace and facebook - so ive changed a few details - :whistling: I might not even be called Justin........ :thumbsup:

^:ph34r: We have a stranger amongst us :ph34r: ^

Your right about identity theft. My sisters b/f was refused loads of financial stuff i.e. debit cards because some ledge had nicked his identity and was living it large on his behalf. At the end of the day though, you can be as secure as you want but when your bank or something leaves your personal documents in a bin, it all goes down the pan.

On the subject of ID and privacy, I should point out that our statistics software for the board can find out all manner of things about everyone on here, for example exactly when every member was last logged in, what they've downloaded, how many times, when, what operating system their PC is running, their type and version of web browser, the name and colour of their pet cat, etc. to name but a few...

I don't need all this data and I never look at it but it's automatically there as an option for me to click on in my control panel, whether I like it or not! Although, I can clear the logs of all the stats, which really does erase everything. The only thing which I cannot see is people's private messages. :)

If anyone wants their username changed by the way, send KR a private message and he can sort it out. You can ask me as well if you have any questions regarding your privacy on this messageboard - at the end of the day if you're really worried we can erase all existence of you ever being on here :P

• 2 months later...