Dormouse LIVE @ Stonebridge, Woodchurch, Kent

Hi

I know it's small in comparison to anyone here who's played in a club, but I wanted my first residency to be a more intimate, private one. I will be playing the second Saturday of every month @ The Stonebrige Pub in Woodchurch (near Ashford), Kent.

I'd love it if anyone would be able to make the trip down to see me, its free entry, but obviously drinks are gonna cost.

Once again, I know its nothing too extravagant, but I'd love to meet some of you guys!!

Dormouse

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live pretty near you as you well know mate, so in the Summer I'll definitely come and make an appearance - likewise I'll try and do for anyone on this board :)

I'm sure we'll be shooting some more pool before then though!

If I've had enough to drink I might even venture out and attempt some 'manouevres'... :D

Dormouse

Quality. Should be able to make this, always willing to support up and coming DJs and nights etc. 18th of June isn't it??

If you break into the big time then I can say I went to your first gig!!!

Is Woodchurch the place with two pubs next to each other? Think I can remember going there a few years ago

Keep us updated

Rich

Yeah, thats the one - well if you go through the main village, just before a big left hand bend, the Stonebridge is there. I'll be in the hall out the back, although the hall is accessible through the main pub.

Would be excellent to see you there...Saturday 18th June, 8.30pm start.

Thanks so very much for your support!

So, what have we learnt? Mainly that I'm going to make it my mission at my July gig to put Tim behind the decks for half an hour....

Any advice from anyone about how I should go about breaking this new night in? Tunes to play, setup etc...

Who's comin then?!!

altho i aint experienced matey, i'd prob keep chattin to a lower extent than the radio - i find it cheesy to heard dj's chattin over shows and all that stuff......

tip no.2. DON'T let tim behind the decks, haha!!

Lol, wish u all the best i nthe gig anyway matey!!

I reckon Tim has a lot of pent-up talent in there, he sure knows the music!

I didn't plan on talking at all during the gig (on the mic that is!) but I may kinda drop in every now and again to say hi !!!

Thanks for your support!

setup etc...

what do you have at your disposal? u gonna take a rig in / use a in house rig if avalable?

maby some decor?

is it tied in with the radio show? maby after a few months when the night gets going you could pre-record the show live from there?

fliyers?

All I'll need is amp, speakers and lighting. All the rest I have.

Not sure what to do in the way of lighting and deco etc...

I will record it all every time, like I always do, for my own sake. But if ever it sounds good I will broadcast some of it on my show, yeah.

Will you be comin?!!!

Sadly no, I live in n.wales with out a car, other wise I'd offer to help out with the setup two.

Depending on your budget for the night I'd try a local hire company for sound and lighting. Decor isn’t to important to start off with, depends what the place is like, we used to use a barn like establishment and just hang black cloth all over the walls just to add a little effect, it really depends on your budget, but if its free to enter I doubt that’s going to be that much :?

Maybe try and get a banner printed that you can put across the rear of your equipment (ie hiding it from the crowd) that advertises your show. A back drop would deffo improve things too, like Dewi2 said.

Flyering is a must. You've got a fair bit of time to muster up a crowd, so try flyering the local nights that play similar music. (BTW flyering by fit women is always more successful :wink: )

Dewi - you say you live in N. Wales - are you the Dewi that DJ'd with Aled and Matt Hardwick @ Promise laast November???

Dormouse

Still coming mate. Should be bringing 3 mates along with me too. We're going to arrive about 7 and grab a bite to eat in the pub before moving into the back room for the start of your set.

How long ya playing for? Hopefully until closing time?

As for the tunes - trance would be good. Chuck in a few classics and I'm sure you'll have the crowd eating out of your hand!

Btw - just seen a photo of you on your geocities website. I recognise ya for somewhere. I don't suppose you went to Norton Knatchbull school by any chance?

Richard

Well, it was only....the best thing to ever hit that pub!

Takings must have tripled.

Played loadsa trance music and actually denied a couple of requests - it doesn't always take commercial chart music to win over a crowd.

For me, it was my new song "The Experiment" into Frank Biazzi "Turbulence" that did it. Mixing in the vocal from Benny Benassi "Satisfaction" on top was the icing on the cake.

I had a great time, got lent some CDJ-100's and lighting too. Can't be bad.

Pictures to be posted soon....

(P.S. Next gig there is Friday 8th July)

Archived